Question Looking Ahead to 7.1.5...

For those of you who planning to be an active player for 7.1.5, what’s on your mind for next week?

Yeah, I know some here on MMO-C have been very vocal about un-subbing or being unhappy with the patch, but there are already plenty of other threads about that. I’d like this thread to be about your checklists for next week. What will you do first? What changes for your character, and what will you need to adjust?

For me:
    • Night Hold: Hoping to pug a clear on Normal Tuesday Jan 17 right after reset, in preparation for guild Heroics Tuesday night.
    • Quest Lines & Attunements: I’m all caught up on Lingering Soul Fragments for my main, but need some for my alt. I’ll want to stop by Shal’aran early on to see what’s up with Kalec’gos and that quest. Also need to research what else we’ll need to do for upgrading legendaries.
    • Karazhan: I tank lots of Nightbane runs for the guild, and we were joking tonight about how none of us have ever really figured out the Opera fights; we just try to avoid standing in stuff and eventually we win. But now we’ll have M+ Kara, right? With the possibility of Tyrannical Operas! MUAHAHAHA (phantom laugh). We may have to actually learn those mechanics lol. How many of us will be farming for TF Rubies?
    • Stat Adjustments: I have a loose idea about these. We’re losing some effect from secondaries and getting more primary stats to compensate, right? Biggest take-away I got from bloggers on PTR was that we may want to take another pass at the high-level gear we don’t currently equip to see if it’s worth reconsidering. I’ll try to do this Tuesday afternoon.
    • Legendary Changes: Assuming I don’t get another between now and January 10, I’ll go into the patch with four: Sephuz, Prydaz, pally legs and pally chest. My M+ combo of legs and Sephuz won’t change, but I may start using Prydaz for tanking raids. Haste is my best stat and Prydaz is getting some, plus the absorb shield will have a lot more uptime. I may swap back and forth between Chest & Legs/Chest & Prydaz to evaluate.

Those are the main things I can think of. I’m probably omitting something important. How about you?
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-01-05 at 09:12 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Do we know the patch hits next week? since we're not getting a date yet . we only have the assumption that it's next week right?
    and would love to know so that i can take some days off from work to farm up AP on alts

Quote Originally Posted by lateille View Post
    Do we know the patch hits next week? since we're not getting a date yet . we only have the assumption that it's next week right?
    and would love to know so that i can take some days off from work to farm up AP on alts
    We were given January 17 as date for Nighthold, and the other changes typically happen 1 week before. So 7.1.5 should hit January 10.

Off Topic: You seem like a nice and fun person Benhir, Always positive, Stay awesome!
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    Off Topic: You seem like a nice and fun person Benhir, Always positive, Stay awesome!
    Only way to win this game is having fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    • Karazhan: I tank lots of Nightbane runs for the guild, and we were joking tonight about how none of us have ever really figured out the Opera fights; we just try to avoid standing in stuff and eventually we win. But now we’ll have M+ Kara, right? With the possibility of Tyrannical Operas! MUAHAHAHA (phantom laugh). We may have to actually learn those mechanics lol. How many of us will be farming for TF Rubies?
    Hmm, regarding this - what happens to the Nightbane runs once Kara is split into two instances? Is it still possible to do or does it just disappear?
    Also, I'm looking forward to 7.1.5 release - interested in seeing the Suramar story conclusion.

The stat changes are awesome, hopefully ilvl will be better indicator this time around. Kinda tired of the current fiddle with Pawn.

Idd! You are the light in this dark place(mmochamp)
    Edit Signature.

For those of you who planning to be an active player for 7.1.5, what’s on your mind for next week?

Yeah, I know some here on MMO-C have been very vocal about un-subbing or being unhappy with the patch, but there are already plenty of other threads about that. I’d like this thread to be about your checklists for next week. What will you do first? What changes for your character, and what will you need to adjust?

For me:
    • Night Hold: Hoping to pug a clear on Normal Tuesday Jan 17 right after reset, in preparation for guild Heroics Tuesday night.
    • Quest Lines & Attunements: I’m all caught up on Lingering Soul Fragments for my main, but need some for my alt. I’ll want to stop by Shal’aran early on to see what’s up with Kalec’gos and that quest. Also need to research what else we’ll need to do for upgrading legendaries.
    • Stat Adjustments: I have a loose idea about these. We’re losing some effect from secondaries and getting more primary stats to compensate, right? Biggest take-away I got from bloggers on PTR was that we may want to take another pass at the high-level gear we don’t currently equip to see if it’s worth reconsidering. I’ll try to do this Tuesday afternoon.
    • Legendary Changes: Assuming I don’t get another between now and January 10, I’ll go into the patch with four: Sephuz, Prydaz, pally legs and pally chest. My M+ combo of legs and Sephuz won’t change, but I may start using Prydaz for tanking raids. Haste is my best stat and Prydaz is getting some, plus the absorb shield will have a lot more uptime. I may swap back and forth between Chest & Legs/Chest & Prydaz to evaluate.

Those are the main things I can think of. I’m probably omitting something important. How about you?
    Karazhan mythic+ feature is for 7.2 not 7.1.5

10+ Year Old Account
    We were given January 17 as date for Nighthold, and the other changes typically happen 1 week before. So 7.1.5 should hit January 10.
    i expect to hit it jan 10 ! However, the longer without the official statement the more i am wondering xD.

I heard last night that potion of prolonged power will be more expensive ???? So i might stack up 1 milion in advance xD.
    On the patch day however. I don't know, we'll have 1 week to figure out the best stats and talents (prot warrior get's lots of changes).

On nighthold release ... rush home from work to make it in time for the raid -_- < f. my life :P
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Looking forward to NH but mostly I am looking forward to flying, cannot remember is it in 7.1.5 or 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Zul Khan View Post
    Looking forward to NH but mostly I am looking forward to flying, cannot remember is it in 7.1.5 or 7.2
    It is for 7.2

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Hmm, regarding this - what happens to the Nightbane runs once Kara is split into two instances? Is it still possible to do or does it just disappear?
    Afaik the split is only for Mythic+ to make clearing in time reasonable.
    Mythic (+0) should stay the same as it is, probably with Nightbane included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Afaik the split is only for Mythic+ to make clearing in time reasonable.
    Mythic (+0) should stay the same as it is, probably with Nightbane included.
    I think there's also a LFG queue-able Heroic versions coming - but I guess it would make sense that the Mythic 0 would stay as it is. Sounds logical.

Deleted
    Yeah, to bad i am from EU and play on EU servers, wuold be great to be in your guild!

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Yeah, to bad i am from EU and play on EU servers, wuold be great to be in your guild!
    I am blessed to have found a good guild. Not super elite - there are plenty of guilds ranked higher than us - but good enough to eventually clear content and chill enough to have fun while doing so. Makes the whole game more enjoyable.

Off topic, WHY THE F would you ever pug NH when it just comes out, you'll just be saying fuck off to the guild, locking out of tier pieces, and other valuable loot with ML, or heck trade in the guild itself.

OT: Log in, fly to raid, do entire normal and heroic clear, continue grind to 54(hopefully 50 by then) learn how to play since new patch and my class getting gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    i expect to hit it jan 10 ! However, the longer without the official statement the more i am wondering xD.

I heard last night that potion of prolonged power will be more expensive ???? So i might stack up 1 milion in advance xD.
    On the patch day however. I don't know, we'll have 1 week to figure out the best stats and talents (prot warrior get's lots of changes).

On nighthold release ... rush home from work to make it in time for the raid -_- < f. my life :P

(just realise I missread your point, as the point being the patch and not the raid.....
    Last edited by Arcanines; 2017-01-05 at 11:07 AM. Reason: I don't fucked up
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    Off topic, WHY THE F would you ever pug NH when it just comes out, you'll just be saying fuck off to the guild, locking out of tier pieces, and other valuable loot with ML, or heck trade in the guild itself.
    Our guild uses Personal Loot, so I won't affect their loot at all. I'm an officer for the guild and MT for my team; I would never do anything to adversely affect my team mates. On the contrary, I want an early 1st hand look so I can do a better job with our team Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanines View Post
    OT: Log in, fly to raid, do entire normal and heroic clear, continue grind to 54(hopefully 50 by then) learn how to play since new patch and my class getting gutted.
    Good luck with your new spec!

looking forward to the artifact knowledge for alts, i switched main so im still at 15 ak, cant be bothered to get any ap since next week i can get 20 ak