Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It's better than nothing, but doesn't change much unfortunately.

Guess we can just hope that 7.1.5 brings some hidden changes that actually removes the cap on legendaries. I guess I still haven't gotten my 5th so I still have one more chance to get belt, but after that I'm fucked if there aren't some changes done.

I feel ok with the change, the belt (or other legendary) were massiv overpowered. It can't be the sense of a game that one item push all over performance about 10 or 20%. No legendary is crap, but this OP legendary bring other down. Even the neck pushes stats massive now. So the different between the legendary will be minor and the environment bring one over the other and that needs to be the scope.

Great job blizz!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    I feel ok with the change, the belt (or other legendary) were massiv overpowered. It can't be the sense of a game that one item push all over performance about 10 or 20%. No legendary is crap, but this OP legendary bring other down. Even the neck pushes stats massive now. So the different between the legendary will be minor and the environment bring one over the other and that needs to be the scope.

Great job blizz!
    Shadowpriests did not have a legendary that pushed DPS by that much. The belt was maybe a 2/3 % upgrade, the shoulders even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Shadowpriests did not have a legendary that pushed DPS by that much. The belt was maybe a 2/3 % upgrade, the shoulders even less.
    I'm sure there are some ppl who calc this correct, but trible MB extend the duration of your voidform, that brings a bigger damage boost. 2/3% is maybe the flat damage boost MB vs MF but you forget about other effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinie View Post
    Belt is (or better was) a ~ 10% overall damage increase not only due to using Mind Blast more often but due to all the other effects attached to it (Insanity generation, skipping Mind Flay etc.).

It won't be so strong anymore but it will still be a great Legendary for us. On the other hand I just wish they wouldn't have nerfed our Cloak...

Belt owner here. Not an unexpected nerf in the least. While the belt wasn't near the power of eg fire mage or UH DK bracers it's a good legendary that really helps make the class and rotation feel way smoother and provided a quite decent chunk of damage.

I was expecting some change, but was hoping for 2 charges of mind blast baseline with the belt giving some other form of bonus to mind blast (flat damage bonus, or 50% damage to a secondary target, etc, etc.). Charges are nessesary to make SI being a reasonable choice in the level 75 talent tier, and a legendary shouldn't be nessesary to make a damned talent choice even worth considering.

Expected, but again an underwhelming change that doesn't really solve anything as the big thing with the belt was it reducing the CD of mind blast by 1,5 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by germanpk View Post
    I'm sure there are some ppl who calc this correct, but trible MB extend the duration of your voidform, that brings a bigger damage boost. 2/3% is maybe the flat damage boost MB vs MF but you forget about other effects.
    This is not the reason the belt increases damage, to do what you're saying we'd have to pool MB charges to use during VF and it would be at the beginning where we aren't starved for insanity anyways. EIther that or you're gimping dps by not MB during the early VF.

In reality the benefit the belt provides is still largely there, it desyncs the CD clash of MB and VB. This means we will get that many more MB over the course of the fight because we aren't losing CD charge when MB and VB come off CD at the same time. This nerf won't effect this. What this nerf does is a nerf to Shadowy insight (slightly, higher chance for wasted procs) and our opening to get into our first VF faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    instead of buffing useless legendaries, let's nerf the good ones!
    Yes, that's exactly what they should be doing. Nerf legendaries so they're not important(ideally remove them but that's not happening), so they can actually balance the baseline specs without having to worry about broken legendaries ruining everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Biggest benefit is still there, which is having the CD of Mind Blast always rolling, meaning you actually lose 0 Mind Blasts during a fight, compared to losing several without the belt since there is a cast time you have to do after the CD finishes, which then delays the CD from starting to roll.
    Yeah, indeed. The nerf is quite light, really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiptopmemer View Post
    >people putting mindblast belt on the same tier as pyro bracers

Lmfao

Shadow doesnt need nerfs to quality of life
    Luckily the "QoL"(not actually QoL, it's straight up DPS) is staying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Shadow needs better community though. It is fucking ridiculous to read this threads when people are spewing gladness that their class being nerfed just because they were unlucky to get actually good legendaries. Guys, hello! Turn on your brain! Belt nerfs won't magically make your sephuz/prydaz combo not suck!
    It'll close the gap between them, so yes, relatively it does make Sephuz/Prydaz better, and also allows Blizzard to(in theory) balance specs better because legendaries won't be fucking everything up. It's the people who want legendaries to be broken OP things that are causing problems.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It'll close the gap between them, so yes, relatively it does make Sephuz/Prydaz better, and also allows Blizzard to(in theory) balance specs better because legendaries won't be fucking everything up. It's the people who want legendaries to be broken OP things that are causing problems.
    Seriously, I lol'd. Be proud, you're the exact example of cancerous pseudo-community... oh wait, it suddenly makes sense, you're not playing shadowpriest, are you?

No, your shitty prydaz won't ever even be considered wearing if a person has any of three non-sucky legendaries. No matter how much developers nerf the nonsucky ones, without actually changing non-dps legendaries to dps legendaries they would never be "closer" or "even more close" to dps ones. Also: yes, I believe legendaries should be broken OP - because why would people otherwise want it? We have absurdly enough crappy statsticks as it is.

I know, I know. You're pissed off that other players do more damage than you. You're actually so pissed that you'd prefer anyone do 1 dps and absolutely zero variety was involved. That's OK. Maybe wow is just not for you, since you obviously don't understand what a "teamwork" means?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Seriously, I lol'd. Be proud, you're the exact example of cancerous pseudo-community... oh wait, it suddenly makes sense, you're not playing shadowpriest, are you?

No, your shitty prydaz won't ever even be considered wearing if a person has any of three non-sucky legendaries. No matter how much developers nerf the nonsucky ones, without actually changing non-dps legendaries to dps legendaries they would never be "closer" or "even more close" to dps ones. Also: yes, I believe legendaries should be broken OP - because why would people otherwise want it? We have absurdly enough crappy statsticks as it is.

I know, I know. You're pissed off that other players do more damage than you. You're actually so pissed that you'd prefer anyone do 1 dps and absolutely zero variety was involved. That's OK. Maybe wow is just not for you, since you obviously don't understand what a "teamwork" means?
    Yes, I am playing Shadow Priest(with "bad" legendaries in the form of the bracers and Sephuz), not that my spec matters, the legendary system affects every spec(negatively). And yes, I'd quite like a somewhat balanced and even playing field, and legendaries ruin that completely. If they want to do special effects, do it like in Kara where it's an effect on a normal item rather than on some absurdly rare item with way too high ilevel. The current legendary system is a fucking mess and at least them nerfing legendaries more or less across the board is helping fix one part of the problem. I completely agree that statsticks are shitty and would love for trinkets of that type to get removed from the game entirely.
    Do you even understand what the word "closer" means? It means that the gap isn't as big. Nerfing DPS legendaries is doing exactly that, that's just how math works. Stronger legendaries nerfed = smaller gap between legendaries = closer.
    I do understand what "teamwork" means. I also understand that individual performance is fun(ranks, or even just competing with guildies), and Legion is undermining that massively, and people are cheering it on. Maybe because they're bad and like that OP items let them compete? Oh, shit, I just generalized in the same way you did, my bad.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-05 at 05:12 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If you think nerfing DPS legendaries makes utility ones more desireable, I have a bridge to sell you.

The fact remains, and this is what all DPS specs have been saying to Blizzard's deaf ears, is that so long as DPS legendaries exist and even give a fraction of a boost to your overall DPS then those legendaries will ALWAYS be chosen over utility. It doesn't matter if the gap shrinks, so long as the gap exists then prydaz will still suck for DPS. Sephuz sucks but slightly less since it has a use in M+.

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy26 View Post
    If you think nerfing DPS legendaries makes utility ones more desireable, I have a bridge to sell you.

The fact remains, and this is what all DPS specs have been saying to Blizzard's deaf ears, is that so long as DPS legendaries exist and even give a fraction of a boost to your overall DPS then those legendaries will ALWAYS be chosen over utility. It doesn't matter if the gap shrinks, so long as the gap exists then prydaz will still suck for DPS. Sephuz sucks but slightly less since it has a use in M+.
    At no point did I ever say that they'd be "desirable" or ever picked over DPS ones. The point is if you get fucked by RNG you're not as fucked anymore when they nerf the top DPS ones, because the difference between the guy with shoulders+belt and the guy with Prydaz+helmet is not as big(which is a good thing)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

It's pretty interesting to see how many people completely fail to realize why Mangaza's Madness is good, and are reacting like reducing the number of charges by one is some sort of apocalyptic nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    It's pretty interesting to see how many people completely fail to realize why Mangaza's Madness is good, and are reacting like reducing the number of charges by one is some sort of apocalyptic nerf.
    Dunno, I am just terribly disgusted by priests (and "priests") who are glad that their (and "their") spec was nerfed. Belt itself will be more than fine with 1 charge instead of two.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-05 at 06:56 PM.

Dunno, I am just terribly disgusted by priests (and "priests") who are glad that their (and "their") spec was nerfed. Belt itself will be more than fine with 1 charge instead of two.
    Yeah, how dare people want the game to be about the people playing better being rewarded with better performance instead of the people who got lucky with OP items. Also, suggesting I'm somehow less of a priest than other people is just sad(oh, and I don't just want priest to "get nerfed", I want to see that happen for every Legiondary regardless of class)
    Wanting balance isn't some kind of treason, get over yourself. Also, wanting justified nerfs isn't treason either.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-05 at 07:08 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If you find yourself 'terribly disgusted' about anything to do with World of Warcraft then you are waaaaaay too invested in a video game, mate.

Deleted
    It was overperforming hence the nerf

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    If you find yourself 'terribly disgusted' about anything to do with World of Warcraft then you are waaaaaay too invested in a video game, mate.
    I won't even deny that. Of course I am, playing it for 10 years already.
    Still, its not me who is crying "me me memememememe" instead of learning 2 teamwork in MMORPG game. I've never seen the "oh wow our second priest got the bis legendary, now we will be much closer to a boss kill", no, its always "waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah that dude from my guild deals 10k dps more than me because of bis legendary, waaaaaaaaaaaaaah nerf him and buff me waaaaaaaaaaah". Welcome to the 21st century, the age of egocentric morons, I guess? Bleh.
    Last edited by l33t; 2017-01-05 at 07:48 PM.

Still, its not me who is crying "me me memememememe" instead of learning 2 teamwork in MMORPG game. I've never seen the "oh wow our second priest got the bis legendary, now we will be much closer to a boss kill", no, its always "waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaah that dude from my guild deals 10k dps more than me because of bis legendary, waaaaaaaaaaaaaah nerf him and buff me waaaaaaaaaaah". Welcome to the 21st century, the age of egocentric morons, I guess? Bleh.
    It has nothing to do with "the other priest in my raid", it's about personal DPS ranks(which are a very fun part of the game for some people, shocker) and personal enjoyment of the game. Putting those kinds of OP effects on extremely rare items is just shitty. It's also not a 10k difference, especially not when you add up all the idiotic systems in Legion.
    Again, I want some semblance of balance and an even-ish playing field, because it's not fun to play when you're inherently disadvantaged purely due to being unlucky with rare drops.
    Of course it's nice when people in my guild get legendaries, because in this current broken system that's a benefit for the guild(even if that is another priest getting his 4th BiS legendary while others are running around with Sephuz/Prydaz/Blink chest etc), but just because it's good in this system doesn't mean the system itself is good.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-01-05 at 08:18 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

If you think egocentrism is an invention of the 21st century then you need to study history more, mate.

And while I don't buy that you need to tear others down to bring yourself up-- I would much rather all legendary items actually feel legendary and do good DPS, rather than the DPS legendaries get nerfed-- it's not 'teamwork'. Teamwork isn't 'this dude is a star because he got lucky, you should feel privileged to benefit from his presence'. By all means, yeah, you will benefit from somebody else in your raid getting lucky.. because they'll carry you and your bad legendary.

And while that's fine, to a degree-- it is teamwork to carry people when they're not at their best, and have them carry you when you're not-- it's not surprising some people don't enjoy the sensation of being carried 24/7.

The problem is that Blizzard is fucking obsessed with the concept of 'situational'. Nothing gets their dicks harder than something that is really, really awesome.. roughly 10% of the time, and fucking useless the remaining 90%. They think that's super balanced and fun, because they are incapable of viewing the game in anything other than in the aggregate.

Their sense of perspective is absolutely fucked.