Thread: The Division

Got a used copy for like $2 (already own the season pass from when I bought it all day 1).

So can anyone give me a quick rundown of the changes since the first raid came out. How more solo/pug friendly is it?

Looking forward to playing the Survival mode Tuesday.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Got a used copy for like $2 (already own the season pass from when I bought it all day 1).

So can anyone give me a quick rundown of the changes since the first raid came out. How more solo/pug friendly is it?

Looking forward to playing the Survival mode Tuesday.
    Amazingly solo friendly, the only thing you can't solo is the Incursions but HVT dailies, underground, survival, world tier are all achieveable

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Amazingly solo friendly, the only thing you can't solo is the Incursions but HVT dailies, underground, survival, world tier are all achieveable
    Cool beans, Going to play it later. Its been awhile (right after the first incursion) since I played.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Really wish everyone I played with didn't quit the game . Hopefully I can talk some of them back into it with the most recent changes.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

So - how do I get past the first boss?

I'm crap at games, I admit it, so looking for advise and tips here. Level 3, sweep my way through the buidling to reach the rooftop (I normally end up dying at least once throught the sweep), get to the rooftop only to either get overwhelmed with all the bad guys there, or taken out by the boss. I've tried around 10 times so far, the first 3 or 4 didn't even get to spawning the boss, so I guess I'm getting a little better :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post

I'm crap at games, I admit it, so looking for advise and tips here. Level 3, sweep my way through the buidling to reach the rooftop (I normally end up dying at least once throught the sweep), get to the rooftop only to either get overwhelmed with all the bad guys there, or taken out by the boss. I've tried around 10 times so far, the first 3 or 4 didn't even get to spawning the boss, so I guess I'm getting a little better :-)
    if your doing the first mission at the police station you should do matchmaking and do in a team as you don't have you skills at that point so it makes it much more difficult, it is definately soloable but groups are better.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post

Is in the one on the roof of the stadium? If so, I just waited in one corner for the regular guys to rush me and took them out while taking pop shots at the boss when I could. It took me quite a few tried but I learned to wait for your shots in this game. You cannot just stand there trading shots with the stronger enemies. Wait, take a few shots when they reload or stop shooting and then get back in cover. Your health will regen a tiny bit while in cover, usually enough to survive at least one shot. Even then I still burned through all my health packs when I finally beat that boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Really wish everyone I played with didn't quit the game . Hopefully I can talk some of them back into it with the most recent changes.
    The problem as we said before, is that the recent changes don't so much fix the game as they just set it to the side and bypass it entirely. They just make everyone Rambo.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Never liked the game tbh, third person shooters are a nightmare. Everything else seems great it's just that one thing I can't get past.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the combo of a gift card, and The Division being on sale for $20, I picked it up again.

Went from 182 - 256 over the year end holiday. I was advised to chase the AlphaBridge set for the best DPS. My gear's stat focus is on Armor > Enemy Armor Damage > Damage to Elites. Currently i'm rocking 3pc of AlphaBridge, but not the pieces I really want to use. I'll get that sorted out once I get a piece with decent stats for each gear slot.

I have a question though. I'm not sure which Weapon Talents would be best to use. Currently I have a Lightweight M4 with Brutal, Destructive, and I believe Fierce. It's pretty bad ass tbh. Not sure what I should look for for my second Assault Rifle though. For gun type, I would like to set it up to have good optimal range and stability so I can use it for longer range encounters while my primary will be used for closer encounters with a focus on Crit Rate, Crit Damage, and Headshot Damage.

I want to get the most out of the Talents though. What do you all suggest?
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    With the combo of a gift card, and The Division being on sale for $20, I picked it up again.

Went from 182 - 256 over the year end holiday. I was advised to chase the AlphaBridge set for the best DPS. My gear's stat focus is on Armor > Enemy Armor Damage > Damage to Elites. Currently i'm rocking 3pc of AlphaBridge, but not the pieces I really want to use. I'll get that sorted out once I get a piece with decent stats for each gear slot.

I have a question though. I'm not sure which Weapon Talents would be best to use. Currently I have a Lightweight M4 with Brutal, Destructive, and I believe Fierce. It's pretty bad ass tbh. Not sure what I should look for for my second Assault Rifle though. For gun type, I would like to set it up to have good optimal range and stability so I can use it for longer range encounters while my primary will be used for closer encounters with a focus on Crit Rate, Crit Damage, and Headshot Damage.

I want to get the most out of the Talents though. What do you all suggest?
    For PvE:

Vicious (10% more crit when you have more than 2 bars of HP).
    Predatory (10% more damage against elites and named mobs).
    Ferocious (regenerate 35% of your HP when you kill an enemy).

In addition to the three you already have.

Can't comment on PvP.

Also with AlphaBridge, you need two of the same weapon type... So your second weapon needs to also be an Assault Rifle as well.

I would look for a well rolled LVOA-C (like the Lightweight M4, but slightly better and way cooler looking). It has a very high rate of fire, average damage, and almost no recoil (which is vertical only, compared to horizontal with lightweight M4, making it easier to adjust for IMO).

On my AlphaBridge guy I am using the same setup basically. The gloves with 7% extra crit on targets out of cover, plus 6 crit base. Crit and armor damage on everything that can roll it, even at the cost of armor (I like the extra damage more than extra protection and I have a lot of stamina so the lower armor hasn't really been an issue). Headshot scope/silencer (36% extra headshot damage), with crit minor (12% more crit). You can shred pretty much anything in an instant, especially if you get right in their face and and land every shot full auto in their head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    For PvE:

Vicious (10% more crit when you have more than 2 bars of HP).
    Predatory (10% more damage against elites and named mobs).
    Ferocious (regenerate 35% of your HP when you kill an enemy).

In addition to the three you already have.

Can't comment on PvP.

Also with AlphaBridge, you need two of the same weapon type... So your second weapon needs to also be an Assault Rifle as well.

I would look for a well rolled LVOA-C (like the Lightweight M4, but slightly better and way cooler looking). It has a very high rate of fire, average damage, and almost no recoil (which is vertical only, compared to horizontal with lightweight M4, making it easier to adjust for IMO).

On my AlphaBridge guy I am using the same setup basically. The gloves with 7% extra crit on targets out of cover, plus 6 crit base. Crit and armor damage on everything that can roll it, even at the cost of armor (I like the extra damage more than extra protection and I have a lot of stamina so the lower armor hasn't really been an issue). Headshot scope/silencer (36% extra headshot damage), with crit minor (12% more crit). You can shred pretty much anything in an instant, especially if you get right in their face and and land every shot full auto in their head.
    Great advise! Thanks much!

I got a Famas last night from a field package. I don't recall the talents on it atm, but I held onto it for the special talent in case that was one to have with an alphabridge set up.

Still trying to get that 4th piece of Alphabridge to drop though. Do you have any recommendation for farming set pieces? Currently, im just running hard missions with matchmaking which is pretty slow paced in regards to set farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know of any good newbie guides? I just started and am up to level 7 just running around doing any missions/events I come across and it seems to be going fine. I mostly use a marksman rifle and the skills I am using are the pulse thing and first aid. Mostly wondering what skills/perks I should get first and an explanation as to what the various stats do as the game didn't really explain that all that well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Anyone know of any good newbie guides? I just started and am up to level 7 just running around doing any missions/events I come across and it seems to be going fine. I mostly use a marksman rifle and the skills I am using are the pulse thing and first aid. Mostly wondering what skills/perks I should get first and an explanation as to what the various stats do as the game didn't really explain that all that well.
    You are doing it right so far. Ill try to find a "getting started guide" for you while im on lunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    For PVE I'd suggest Unforgiving / Destructive / Competent or Brutal or Ferocious.
    Crit is always a variable, while the above are all a flat bonus. Ferocious is damage vs elites, Predatory is the health on kill.

Reach armor above 52%, try for 55%+ enemy armor damage. All of your mods are best with +stam/+armor unless you need the firearms to unlock above talents.
    Using an assault rifle and having the Destructive talent boosts your EAD a lot already.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Honestly, the game's not that bad at leading you along. Some basic tips for 1-30;

1> There's way more XP than you need. Grinding is unnecessary. You'll probably hit 30 well before you clear the leveling content. So don't get all OCD about getting EVERY SINGLE LORE ITEM for XP; if you want it for the lore (which is great), go nuts, but you don't NEED that stuff, and it'll always be there waiting for you to get around to it.

2> If you're at the recommended level, you can do the mission. If you start clearing stuff as level-appropriate, you'll probably end up overleveled. This is fine. Don't recommend (for the most part) skipping ahead, just enjoy that stuff's easier.

3> You want a long-range weapon weapon, and a burst weapon. Assault rifles basically fill both roles. The "ideal" is probably a marksman rifle and an AR; ARs are more flexible than SMGs, and shotguns/LMGs usually need some optimization which you won't have time for. But don't stress about it; upgrade to better stuff rather than sticking to weaker ones that fit that archetype.

4> First Aid is a great skill. Healing that's up relatively often gives you a lot of room to learn from mistakes, and you're not capped like you are with medkits. Turret's also a great skill, since you can chuck it from cover and it distracts enemies for you. Other skills are more situational or better suited to group dynamics or special gear sets.

5> I don't recall any specific leveling guides, but for general principles, look at Survival Mode guides, and ignore everything they say about cold/disease (doesn't matter when leveling). The general principles about gearing up and such hold up to the leveling experience; that was the big draw for a lot of us, Survival brought back that feeling.

6> For stats, the primary three you want Firearms for boom-boom, and Stamina for not-dying. Electronics is ignorable. Secondary stats are MOSTLY pretty clear. Accuracy affects reticle bloom; you'll get tighter bullet groupings. Stability affects how much the weapon "drifts" each shot from recoil. Horizontal stability focuses on left-right only; good for certain weapons. Initial bullet stability only works on the first bullet you fire, so great for Marksmen Rifles but eh for everything else. The rest I think explain themselves. Oh, and "damage to/from elites" applies to doods with yellow health bars only, not purples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Electronics is ignorable. Secondary stats are MOSTLY pretty clear
    Don't really agree on ignorable. Having around 115k in Skillpower will make a noticeable difference when using lets say First Aid compared to having >80k skillpower. Can mean the difference of 1 entire bar.

I'd say go for above 105k skillpower and you'll be fine. More is a bonus. Skillpower also affects all other skills effect output, grenade damage and also very important; skill cooldown. The more skillpower the sooner you'll be able to use a skill again.

For secondary stats you'll want to look out for:
    - Ammo Capacity on chest and backpack (both can get +50%, which is a lot)
    - Enemy Armor Damage on mask and kneepads (mask can have +9%, kneepads can have +12%)
    - Weapon Damage on gloves (i.e. +1300 Assault Rife Damage, this adds up to base damage of the weapon)

While in general you can get by with pretty much any stat (given you'll have armor on all the items that can have armor), the min/maxing in Division really makes a difference.
    If you don't have the ammo capacity attributes you'll run around with ~800 assault rife rounds, while having the attribute will grand you 1600+ rounds.
    With Enemy Armor Damage on both mask and kneepads you'll notice quite the difference when fighting elites, 21% reduction is quite the boost.
    Another thing is that your mask is best suited with Skillpower which can roll as high as +10.000 skillpower. That again adds up to the usefulness of skills as described above.
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Honestly, the game's not that bad at leading you along. Some basic tips for 1-30;

1> There's way more XP than you need. Grinding is unnecessary. You'll probably hit 30 well before you clear the leveling content. So don't get all OCD about getting EVERY SINGLE LORE ITEM for XP; if you want it for the lore (which is great), go nuts, but you don't NEED that stuff, and it'll always be there waiting for you to get around to it.

2> If you're at the recommended level, you can do the mission. If you start clearing stuff as level-appropriate, you'll probably end up overleveled. This is fine. Don't recommend (for the most part) skipping ahead, just enjoy that stuff's easier.

3> You want a long-range weapon weapon, and a burst weapon. Assault rifles basically fill both roles. The "ideal" is probably a marksman rifle and an AR; ARs are more flexible than SMGs, and shotguns/LMGs usually need some optimization which you won't have time for. But don't stress about it; upgrade to better stuff rather than sticking to weaker ones that fit that archetype.

4> First Aid is a great skill. Healing that's up relatively often gives you a lot of room to learn from mistakes, and you're not capped like you are with medkits. Turret's also a great skill, since you can chuck it from cover and it distracts enemies for you. Other skills are more situational or better suited to group dynamics or special gear sets.

5> I don't recall any specific leveling guides, but for general principles, look at Survival Mode guides, and ignore everything they say about cold/disease (doesn't matter when leveling). The general principles about gearing up and such hold up to the leveling experience; that was the big draw for a lot of us, Survival brought back that feeling.

6> For stats, the primary three you want Firearms for boom-boom, and Stamina for not-dying. Electronics is ignorable. Secondary stats are MOSTLY pretty clear. Accuracy affects reticle bloom; you'll get tighter bullet groupings. Stability affects how much the weapon "drifts" each shot from recoil. Horizontal stability focuses on left-right only; good for certain weapons. Initial bullet stability only works on the first bullet you fire, so great for Marksmen Rifles but eh for everything else. The rest I think explain themselves. Oh, and "damage to/from elites" applies to doods with yellow health bars only, not purples.
    Well. That about sums it up. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nutricul View Post
    Don't really agree on ignorable. Having around 115k in Skillpower will make a noticeable difference when using lets say First Aid compared to having >80k skillpower. Can mean the difference of 1 entire bar.
    While you are right, you have to consider balancing. Shooting for a higher electronics stat will force other stats to suffer.

I would suggest to consider your role in the group. Personally, I want to build two sets of gear. 3 sets of gear. A DPS Build (Firearms), a Tank build (Stamina), and a Healing build (Electronics).

I actually really love playing a healer, so that is going to be my first alternate setup once I complete my Alphabridge DPS Set.

- - - Updated - - -

While in general you can get by with pretty much any stat (given you'll have armor on all the items that can have armor), the min/maxing in Division really makes a difference.
    If you don't have the ammo capacity attributes you'll run around with ~800 assault rife rounds, while having the attribute will grand you 1600+ rounds.
    With Enemy Armor Damage on both mask and kneepads you'll notice quite the difference when fighting elites, 21% reduction is quite the boost.
    This I believe to be quite accurate. Having more ammo is non-negotiable imo, it is a must have.

And Damage to Elites makes such a huge difference. I can hit a purple in the face for around 70k per shot, and a yellow for 120k with an Assault Rifle. And that is without being finished with my set! I just have my stats complete, not the set bonuses yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post

While you are right, you have to consider balancing. Shooting for a higher electronics stat will force other stats to suffer.
    Well using a Specialized backpack (+200% of your firearms and stamina are converted to skillpower) and having the skillpower on your mask easily boosts your skillpower to around 115k or more. That way you won't have to sacrifice anything to achieve it. None of my gear pieces is rolled with Electronics as a primary and neither are any of my mods, yet still I go around with 128k skillpower. (Important note on the image below is that I'm running with Barret's Chestpiece too giving 10% while no skills are on cooldown. Without the 10% i'll have 116k skillpower.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Well using a Specialized backpack (+200% of your firearms and stamina are converted to skillpower) and having the skillpower on your mask easily boosts your skillpower to around 115k or more. That way you won't have to sacrifice anything to achieve it. None of my gear pieces is rolled with Electronics as a primary and neither are any of my mods, yet still I go around with 128k skillpower. (Important note on the image below is that I'm running with Barret's Chestpiece too giving 10% while no skills are on cooldown. Without the 10% i'll have 116k skillpower.)

My stats look quite similar. I think i have slightly less Electronics though, something like 2300. What I was really aiming at though is to literally focus on increasing Electronics purposely. Say for example, aiming for 3500 electronics. This would cause you to have to sacrifice either stam or firearms in place of it.

But your build is solid, no doubt. Only thing I see that I am also considering changing, is trying to hit 2800-2900 electronics for some gun talents. I might throw on a electronic mod or two to do it.