Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    How is that more alt-friendly? Any content locked behind rep is already opened account wide. There is literally no content locked behind exalted reps the xpac. There is nothing about reps that hinder alts this xpac
    Crafting patterns across the board are locked. Some would argue that is content. I would argue they are full of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    I've been exalted for a long while on my hunter and my DH is exalted now for at least 2 weeks (it's my alt) and I have both of them picking up the BoA rep items from the class hall missions whenever there isn't gold or AP missions to do at the time. Double it or not, if you aren't exalted with everything now you just aren't playing as much as others and that's not blizzards fault.
    Playing as much as? Or waiting as much?

The caps are just obnoxious and AK and the Legendary system are probably the worst introductions to WoW. The AK and rep systems make what was previously a reward for effort or time spent playing for effort and time spent waiting. If your playtime is heavily weighted against specific days of the week (like the weekend) or week on/week off or if you can't play for a specific period of time for whatever reason, the game basically punishes you for it. You can't play catch up, because your pace is capped, which is why people ask for catch up mechanics.

It's poor game design and the focus is transparent, artificial gating mechanisms not based on skill, effort or fun. You could even argue it is about money - subscription time. The slower people consume the content, the less likely they are to run out of content thus the longer they are likely to stay subscribed to experience the content. Whether or not that works is anyone's guess.

I was in surgery for the start of legion, recovering for most of the first patch. I've been playing a game of catch up ever since. I can't play more to get myself back up with everyone else though, I can't use my skill to catch up - no, I'm punished for not being able to maintain a "play schedule". 13 AK levels behind those who've been playing since day 1. I'm a multi spec druid... or rather I'm not, I'm a one spec druid because there is no way that my other specs have the required AP levels to contribute effectively in mythic raiding and I will be at a considerable disadvantage in high m+. More than that - it's better for gearing if I use my "main" spec in higher Mythic+ than my other specs because lower Mythic+ only offers AP as a reward.

Then with loot specs on personal loot, I can't have a chance at gearing all of my specs, I have to focus on just one of them - which is great if you only play one or want to focus on gearing one but why they took away the ability to just get any piece of gear suitable for all of your specs is beyond my ken.

Someone invited me to play Legion because they said it's the best expansion since TBC. I would say it is the best expansion period were it not for the huge negatives I mentioned above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    I've been exalted for a long while on my hunter and my DH is exalted now for at least 2 weeks (it's my alt) and I have both of them picking up the BoA rep items from the class hall missions whenever there isn't gold or AP missions to do at the time. Double it or not, if you aren't exalted with everything now you just aren't playing as much as others and that's not blizzards fault.
    Didn't I say everybody is already revered / exalted on mains? I currently am on alt number 5, 2 of my characters are exalted already but that's because there's currently nothing else to do till 7.2. Once 7.2 nobody is going to bother due to the timegates and that's not really good designing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    3.... *looks at the thread title* "Blizzard should double Legion reputation gain now" and you say he cant read?
    I concede the title probably should've said "Blizzard should've doubled Legion reputation gain by now" or "Blizzard should double Legion reputation gain for 7.2"

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think at least all regular previous expansion reps should be made account wide when the next expansion launches.

As for legion, I would love if the Kirin Tor cache rep quest tokens went BoA, as that's another 750/1500 rep per character, yes it could mean like 15000(7500 nightfallen) rep for a single character if you bother to do 40 kirin tor WQ, but why not :P

That would still require to have 10 other characters in the first place, and even so I don't see that as "abuse" over 4 months into an expansion.

Timewarp badges for old rep is a decent system too.

But I would like a tabard system for any pre-legion rep (or current legion rep if they add more factions to 7.2/7.3)

So you can gain old reps in Legion dungeons as well (even better if it would work on tabard transmogging), most old tabards require high rep in the first place so that's proof of at least hitting exalted once.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-05 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    This has to be the most ignorant statement I hear casuals make. It's what you call a crutch, and it's a lie. While it is true hardcore raiders do not make up a majority of the playerbase, neither do super casuals such as yourself. In fact, when they release data from time to time that shows player engagement, you'll see that there's this mystic type of player that does the content without being hardcore. I know it hard for closed minds to understand, but casuals do not exclusively fund WoW.

A more accurate statement would probably sound something like, "Overwatch sales fund the WoW team."

Delusions of grandeur from a que-junkie.
    No casuals = majority

I spend lots of £ on WoW in 12 year subscription, all shop pets/mounts bought and well over £100 on Tokens for gold. However people can continue shouting casuals can gtfo, its their own foot they're shooting

Deleted
    Show me proof. An equal sign doesn't make you an expert.

Just because I raid and don't depend on the que system doesn't mean I haven't spent money on the game, too.

I don't want casuals to gtfo, I just want you guys to stop pretending you own the game and have good ideas for it. You're lazy, your perspective is lazy and you don't want to work for things in the game. You want to make the game lazy. You want to que, sit there, and collect your reward. That has been a huge factor in the decline of the game and you guys are never happy, always bitching that you don't get the same rewards for less effort or time spent. That's why people want you guys gone, not because you're not important to the game's well-being.

You're one guy, you're not the majority. And by and large, just because you waste all your money on your sub, pets, mounts, and gold tokens doesn't your opinion more valuable than a raiders. You're just a sucker, that's all.
    It's a known fact the bulk of the playerbase are casuals thus casuals are collectively putting in more money than the minority. Actually no, I want the game to offer more options. Nobody is suggesting taking away your precious mythics and ilvl, hell even a MoP style token doesn't hurt you because it's OPTIONAL. I also aren't the only one nor is your opinion more important than mine however continue throwing shade, that really helps
    Last edited by mmoc1f234b9ee4; 2017-01-05 at 05:08 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account

I don't want casuals to gtfo, I just want you guys to stop pretending you own the game and have good ideas for it. You're lazy, your perspective is lazy and you don't want to work for things in the game. You want to make the game lazy. You want to que, sit there, and collect your reward. That has been a huge factor in the decline of the game and you guys are never happy, always bitching that you don't get the same rewards for less effort or time spent. That's why people want you guys gone, not because you're not important to the game's well-being.
    I consider myself casual now, and I don't expect the best loot from LFR or heroic dungeons, or automatic easy rep on my mains. I don't want to make the game lazy either.

However, many casuals tend to play more then 1 character, legion rep hardly rewards any game breaking rewards, some 850 itemlevel pieces and thats it, it wouldn't harm the game at all, to make ALL rep gains somewhat easier after hitting exalted once on a main.

It's just silly blizz is so variable per expansion, we had rep tabards, rep tokens, double rep unlocks, and now BoA rep tokens.

Sure the most "casual" way would be demanding account-wide rep, but there's plenty of middle ground solutions to make alt-catchup easier, especially for pre-legion content.

Some of the slowest rep still in the game are actually vanilla BGs , thats 12 years of untouched, yet I don't demand auto exalted, but would be feasable to get it easier on alts afterwards. I'm sure people changed classes since then too which don't have such reps on their current "mains"

Quote Originally Posted by LongTimeCreeper View Post
    How is that more alt-friendly? Any content locked behind rep is already opened account wide. There is literally no content locked behind exalted reps the xpac. There is nothing about reps that hinder alts this xpac
    Means being able to get decent gear from vendors (especially Suramar) quicker on alts, potentially even before you outgear it completely.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Means being able to get decent gear from vendors (especially Suramar) quicker on alts, potentially even before you outgear it completely.
    Indeed, the class hall set is basicly just another transmog unlock at this point. But it had it's place in the game before kara and ToV and the WQ itemlevel increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Indeed, the class hall set is basicly just another transmog unlock at this point. But it had it's place in the game before kara and ToV and the WQ itemlevel increase.

Did it, though? Even before those things, by the time you met the requirements to unlock most of the gear most players already had better gear in those slots. I haven't even done Kara's attunement chain, let alone Kara itself, and my ilevel blows the class hall gear out of the water on my main. Most of my alts who could benefit from them still have to unlock each piece manually, and already have at least one, sometimes two legendaries.

How hard is Kara for a casual player, anyway? I wanna see the lore of the quest chain and the dungeon but I dislike mythics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's a known fact the bulk of the playerbase are casuals thus casuals are collectively putting in more money than the minority. Actually no, I want the game to offer more options. Nobody is suggesting taking away your precious mythics and ilvl, hell even a MoP style token doesn't hurt you because it's OPTIONAL. I also aren't the only one nor is your opinion more important than mine however continue throwing shade, that really helps
    Dunno about this comment tbh. Is anyone that pays £10 a month to play a game that takes hours to get anywwhere "casual" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaveil View Post
    Dunno about this comment tbh. Is anyone that pays £10 a month to play a game that takes hours to get anywwhere "casual" ?
    Comparatively speaking.

Deleted
    Well people just call people who don't raid / mythic regular casuals. I'm apparently casual despite having 10 lvl 100s and 4 lvl 110s

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Did it, though? Even before those things, by the time you met the requirements to unlock most of the gear most players already had better gear in those slots. I haven't even done Kara's attunement chain, let alone Kara itself, and my ilevel blows the class hall gear out of the water on my main. Most of my alts who could benefit from them still have to unlock each piece manually, and already have at least one, sometimes two legendaries.
    I suppose a lot of people did organized mythics in blue gear, to get 840/850, gear didnt titanforge higher before EN launched.

But I agree a few class hall pieces like shoulders take too long for what it gives, if anything some requirements could be adjusted, maybe revered nightfallen for shoulders.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-05 at 06:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Didn't I say everybody is already revered / exalted on mains? I currently am on alt number 5, 2 of my characters are exalted already but that's because there's currently nothing else to do till 7.2. Once 7.2 nobody is going to bother due to the timegates and that's not really good designing

- - - Updated - - -

I concede the title probably should've said "Blizzard should've doubled Legion reputation gain by now" or "Blizzard should double Legion reputation gain for 7.2"
    *golf clap* there ya go, now you get a golden star "blizzard should double legion rep gain for 7.2" was the correct choice
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    *golf clap* there ya go, now you get a golden star "blizzard should double legion rep gain for 7.2" was the correct choice
    "Correct" meaning, the choice that you agree with?

7+ Year Old Account
    well as he said, he doesent want it now, he wants it in 7.2, yet his title name says he wants it now, and he gave 2 options, one of them being what he wants, the other being not what he wants, and would not be good for the game
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Took me about 2 months of just doing 4 WQ's a day to get full exalted. If you actually put in effort you can probably be done in half the time.

They are just padding their post count. There is no other explanation for arguing something so absurd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    They are just padding their post count. There is no other explanation for arguing something so absurd.
    Don't worry, they're omniscient. We can trust in their knowledge.