Page 64 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to be a dick, but you really don't understand Blood with a statement like this.

Blood has been a top tier tank at the end of every expansion since cata, and that's not likely to change now either.
    What tank is #1 when farming an instance in end of the expansion is a completely irrelevant point to begin with. That aside, what Veiled Shadow wrote pretty much nails it down perfectly. I just want to underline that kitwise Blood DK in Legion has been, and will continue to be in the worst state it's ever been, unless Blizzard makes large changes (which is unlikely during an expac).

I'd like to think I have a pretty good understanding of the class, seeing as I've tanked with it throughout WotlK, MoP and WoD while finally burying the spec after a month into Legion as I deem it pretty much unplayable. It can work but it's lightyears behind other tank specs and even when it works it feels god damn awful to play. And what's funny is that in 7.2 with the stat squish, everyone who actually got up to 35+% haste on DK will be pushed down back to around 30%, if I've read PTR reports correctly. The next patch will make the spec even clunkier -- again. In any case, I don't want to discuss the DK further in a DH topic so if you want to continue discussing, feel free to message me directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Don't be surprised if those "bottom 3" tanks are the top 3 by the end of the expansion, which is how it usually turns out in the first place.
    Doesn't stop me feeling slightly foolish for switching mains at xpac launch when my longtime main turned out to be stupidly OP.

BTW Redfella, love your Weakauras.

Deleted
    Recently got the Ethereal Urn from Nightbane 875 + socket - sitting on Darkmoon (855), Jawbone (845), Grotesque Statue (875) and Undbridled Fury (880)
    SO far I Am using Darkmoon everytime and Jawbone for M+ Runs. For raid encounters i am unsure which trinekt to use. Effect on fury seems decent but no stats, Grotesque Statue i cant tell, so i am tending to the ethereal urne for a stat stick. Did anyone a sim on those trinekts so far ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub36 View Post
    Recently got the Ethereal Urn from Nightbane 875 + socket - sitting on Darkmoon (855), Jawbone (845), Grotesque Statue (875) and Undbridled Fury (880)
    SO far I Am using Darkmoon everytime and Jawbone for M+ Runs. For raid encounters i am unsure which trinekt to use. Effect on fury seems decent but no stats, Grotesque Statue i cant tell, so i am tending to the ethereal urne for a stat stick. Did anyone a sim on those trinekts so far ?
    I'd use either urn or statue for raid. Urn would be more dps/mix, and statue would be more surv.

I find pain generation so slow and clunky when immolate aura isn't up, does this ever get better?

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    I find pain generation so slow and clunky when immolate aura isn't up, does this ever get better?
    It's fine in any content where you actually take any meaningful damage. When things hit like noodles you get a bit starved.
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

If you're not using Felblade then I suggest taking that talent.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run a Felblade/Fracture/Soul Barrier Build and find I am able to have enough Pain to use them often whilst still having enough to Soul Cleave when needed.

Are you at Max level or is this a leveling clunkiness?

Also, Holy shit is Fracture really only 20 pain in 7.1.5? This is going to be AMAZING. At only 20 pain the amount of Soul frags generated I may start using Spirit Bomb over Fel Dev
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-01-04 at 11:47 PM.

A few questions:

1 - Do we generate pain on all damage taken, or will standing in that fire just make me take extra damage?

2 - Is conc sigils more dps than quickened sigils, and if so by how much?

3 - Is it worth using the arcway/CoS leather 2 set even if one piece is a 30 ilevel downgrade? (For dps, not survivability)
    Last edited by diachroniko; 2017-01-05 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    A few questions:

1 - Do we generate pain on all damage taken, or will standing in that fire just make me take extra damage?

3 - Is it worth using the arcway/CoS leather 2 set even if one piece is a 30 ilevel downgrade? (For dps, not survivability)
    -Yes pain from damage taken
    -Concentrated sigils only when paired w flame crash
    -no idea

Cheers for the replies, just hit max level so still got shit gear, though I'm not sure if pain generation gets better with gear does it? Will try out felblade thanks.

Really struggling to find an alt as similar as my DH, do any of you tanks have alt tanks that are AS FUN or as mobile as Vengeance? I'm Havoc main but love playing Vengeance every now and then, what are my options? Prot/Ret and WW/BRM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diachroniko View Post
    A few questions:

1 - All damage. If you plan on standing in fire, use Empowered Wards for more agi as well.

2 - Probably not. They'll be about even I think? I'm not sure though.

3 - Depends which one is an ilvl downgrade. If it's the trinket, probably not (depending on which one you have). If it's the neck, definitely not. it has shit stats for dps

- - - Updated - - -

Cheers for the replies, just hit max level so still got shit gear, though I'm not sure if pain generation gets better with gear does it? Will try out felblade thanks.
    Indirectly it does. More damage taken = more pain. And since with more gear you can do harder content, so you get to take more damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Really struggling to find an alt as similar as my DH, do any of you tanks have alt tanks that are AS FUN or as mobile as Vengeance? I'm Havoc main but love playing Vengeance every now and then, what are my options? Prot/Ret and WW/BRM?
    Monk tanks are fairly mobile, but I haven't played BrM this expansion, so can't comment on the fun. WW is fine though. Paladins aren't all that mobile though

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Monk tanks are fairly mobile, but I haven't played BrM this expansion, so can't comment on the fun. WW is fine though. Paladins aren't all that mobile though
    Thanks for this, yeah, I haven't played BrM since MoP when it was insanely fun to play, now it seems it's a little stale/dull. I'm having such a blast on my DH but I've found after I've done my WQ, I have nothing to do, so I desperately need an alt to play Have tried Outlaw/Sub, Fury/Arms, Feral, BM/MM/Survival... still to try WW and Ret at 110 with Prot/BrM. At the moment, none of the DPS play as well as my DH, not by a mile, which is frustrating LOL.. #DHruinedalts

The damage difference between Conc and quickened is almost unnoticable. Even when taking Flame Crash.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    1 - All damage. If you plan on standing in fire, use Empowered Wards for more agi as well.
    There are a lot of "fire" effects that don't give any Siphoned Power; the mechanic works similar to Vengeance/Resolve.

Also, Concentrated Sigils is always more DPS than QS, doesn't matter if you are talented into Flame Crash or not. Like Munkky said above though, it's a very small difference, unless you happen to have Spirit of the Darkness Flame (though even this probably doesn't expand the difference too much).
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2017-01-05 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    There are a lot of "fire" effects that don't give any Siphoned Power; the mechanic works similar to Vengeance/Resolve.

Also, Concentrated Sigils is always more DPS than QS, doesn't matter if you are talented into Flame Crash or not. Like Munkky said above though, it's a very small difference, unless you happen to have Spirit of the Darkness Flame (though even this probably doesn't expand the difference too much).
    That's not always true - Conc is a 33% DPS boost to only the DoT part of Sigil, whereas Quickened is a 25% boost to ALL of sigil. Since nearly half the damage from sigil is in the initial burst, this makes Conc only worth about 17%. The only other consideration without Flame Crash is the extra global to drop the exta sigil when using Quickened, which will drop 1 shear every 2 minutes; this is significant in single target, but not in AoE.

Thus, Conc is better with Flame Crash (owing to all those extra sigils unaffected by Quickened) and probably single target (requires comparison of fire mitigation vs armour). Quickened is better AoE if you don't have Crash (although that might be considered a weird situation).
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think "technically" haste increases Pain generation just due to shortening CD/GCD on pain Generating abilities. But outside of that I'm not entirely sure.

According to Icy-Veins "Haste reduces the global cooldown (until you reach 50% Haste), and also reduces the cooldown of Demon Spikes, Immolation Aura, and Felblade."

So with Immo and Felblade being Pain Gen and lower GCD on Shear, I'd say Haste is good for it. Having faster Demon Spike CD is also pretty nice.

I guess Crit giving Parry would cause it to increase Pain Gen if you took Bladeturning, but that seems REALLY niche.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    That's not always true - Conc is a 33% DPS boost to only the DoT part of Sigil, whereas Quickened is a 25% boost to ALL of sigil. Since nearly half the damage from sigil is in the initial burst, this makes Conc only worth about 17%. The only other consideration without Flame Crash is the extra global to drop the exta sigil when using Quickened, which will drop 1 shear every 2 minutes; this is significant in single target, but not in AoE.

Thus, Conc is better with Flame Crash (owing to all those extra sigils unaffected by Quickened) and probably single target (requires comparison of fire mitigation vs armour). Quickened is better AoE if you don't have Crash (although that might be considered a weird situation).
    I think I prefer Quickened mostly for the quicker activation. Since I see that more as a Utility row than a DPS row.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-01-05 at 11:31 PM.

Monk is good and fun. The downside after playing Monk is that DH feels like -50ilvls mitigationwise.

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redfella View Post
    Monk is good and fun. The downside after playing Monk is that DH feels like -50ilvls mitigationwise.
    I find my Veng DH to be much more durable than my BrM. Though that may be in part to me disliking the new BrM and not bothering to learn it properly.