Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Amazing endus didnt come here to shut down

Some mods on this forum are a disgrace

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's the posters that are a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I gotta agree with you dude. I may be quite the liberal, but wtf? If we don't let ourselves make humor at their expense, then the terrorist group has won.
    Comedy is very diverse, and can serve several purposes. Comedy is a great vehicle for delivering truth, and for bringing monsters down to size. This is a good example of that. I am actually surprised, and I have to say it- pleased, that certain people haven't been in here to attack the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

It's funny because the video isn't just a stab at Isis, but the whole Instagram/Twitter culture as a whole. That's what makes it funny, not the lame jokes that were already made a thousand times (being chained in the kitchen etc).

Four Lions; anyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Hahaha this is great!

This thread is hilarious. It exposes the idiocy/fanatics/radicals on both sides of this argument.

In your endeavors to be as anti-PC as possible, a handful of you are calling this video 'gold' or 'hilarious'. The video was retarded. Almost as retarded as the people overreacting about it. And I'm including both the people calling it horrible and the people calling it great.

IB4 our responses were satirical/parody.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    This thread is hilarious. It exposes the idiocy/fanatics/radicals on both sides of this argument.

In your endeavors to be as anti-PC as possible, a handful of you are calling this video 'gold' or 'hilarious'. The video was retarded. Almost as retarded as the people overreacting about it. And I'm including both the people calling it horrible and the people calling it great.

Seems like you should have asked for a sense of humor for Christmas.

Haven't really seen many people criticising the video (granted, I haven't seen all responses), except for you. I think many thought that more would, though most of the usual suspects have stayed clear.

Not seeing many radicals here, just people who appreciate good, relevant comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Seems like you should have asked for a sense of humor for Christmas.
    I'm not a fan of this SNL style, so predictable you can anticipate the next joke, brand of humor. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Haven't really seen many people criticising the video (granted, I haven't seen all responses), except for you. I think many thought that more would, though most of the usual suspects have stayed clear.

Not seeing many radicals here, just people who appreciate good, relevant comedy.
    Apparently your eyes are as bad as your taste.

Deleted
    I don't really like the idea that we can not take our enemies seriously and the joke about the woman being widowed many times is not funny if you do not assume the explosion is accidental and self-inflicted. But other than that I think it was a rather fair and well, uh, executed video.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacrass View Post
    Hashtag Matchy Matchy

I'm dead.
    "You're going to need a lot of cemtex to kill that one!"

My sides have exploded.

Apparently your eyes are as bad as your taste.
    No, my eyes are fine. As is my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its honestly hilarious, but if we ignore the fact Britain is at a turning point of bigotry, xenophobia and anti-intellectualism then we ignore that stuff like this is very poorly timed.

If we weren't in Brexit or the dire position we are in as a culture then I doubt it wouldnt be as big an issue, because lets be honest, even if its a comedy about ISIS, people will still just tie it to normal Muslims.
    And many won't. It isn't a reason not to do it.

Also, the UK isn't at a turning point of bigotry, xenophobia and anti intellectualism. That is just hyperbole. This country has been in much worse shape in the past in regards to these things. That isn't to say that these things don't exist, but to call it a turning point, implies that it is at dangerous levels. I don't buy that for a second.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    People's moral outrage at things are going beyond ridiculous. This is a brilliant idea and the video is great. Fuck their moral outrage. Laugh a little. We're all fucked anyway with Drumpf in the White House now.

I'd have still aired it, but my faith in the publics ability to not act upon idiocy has been nullified greatly over the months. People even take fake Facebook stories and over react beyond belief.
    Well, I can't argue with that.

A lot of my work is with random members of the public and suffice it to say, the quantity is beyond anecdotal, theres a worrying amount of people content with believing in the big scary immigrant idea, although I suppose our voting habits pretty much say that regardless.
    This doesn't necessarily make people xenophobic and bigoted- being against mass immigration isn't an automatically bigoted thing. I grant you, that those who are bigoted and xenophobic absolutely buy into stories about mass immigration, greatly over estimating the numbers coming into the country, however the worry doesn't mean that they must hate them, it could be, in that some areas, there is a concern over housing and local resources, and increasing the numbers of people in the area will put pressure on that- this isn't a hateful stance. Now, as to what proportion of people are like this, I can't say. Though, I fear that you are probably right to be pessimistic.

You can call it hyperbole because I have a habit of using strong words, but its not wrong, bigotry and xenophobia are recordedly happing all over the UK, people even struggle to get Passports now if they're British but have any source of foreign ancestery, and many voters are content with believing in what they're fed or brought up with, rather than investigating themselves.
    I saw that story about the guy who was having to sit a citzenship test (a dumb idea anyway), even though he was born here. And I am aware of hate crimes being recorded on the increase. However, I tie this back to your first point about fake news. How many of these hate crimes reported are legit? I raise this for 2 reasons. I hear a lot about fake news now, and most of it I hear comes from left wing sources, aimed at right wing. Now, I consider myself a lefty on most cases, however I do know that left wing places are known for reporting incorrectly on topics (because it fits a narrative, just like the right), and I am aware of a few high profile cases recently of hate crimes that were reported, however less widely reported was that they didn't happen.

Now, I am not trying to say this kind of thing doesn't happen. I know it does. My point is, if we are going to be standing up against fake news, we need to recognise that this isn't a right wing phenomenon, it happens across the entire spectrum, and I think more data, verifiable data, needs to come out to show that there is an actual rise. Or is it a case of, in the past, things were under reported? With heightened tensions, are people being more vigilant? I don't have the answers to these questions, but I think they are important to ask because we paint a picture of a turning point. I agree that things aren't great, however I think it is also very easy to wallow and also get an incorrect perception in the other way.

Things not being as shite as the past when we had wars on our doorsteps and plagues killing us off daily, doesnt exactly mean its an improvement, its still shite, its just a more refined type of shite.
    Which is an improvement. It might not be to your liking, or at the levels that you want, but it is an improvement. Go and watch "It was ok in the 70's", and the other shows for the 60's. We are quite clearly in a much better place than 30 years ago. Even 20 years ago. And my point is, to describe this as being at a turning point, well what does that make the 70's then? We might have came close, but we didn't fall off the cliff.

I sympathise with what you are saying. I just feel it is a bit hyperbolic. And I am not sure that is what is needed. And I really don't think that skit will add to tensions much. Racists will love it, no doubt screaming "LOOK AT THOSE PAKIS LOL". They would do this anyway. I doubt that this will open up a new wave of anti Muslim hatred, nor do I think it will embolden the ones who currently engage in that. I think sometimes it is good to get away from the internet. And then you see that on the ground, actually, things aren't as bad as what is made out in the media and online. Not great, not perfect, but not as bad as that.

When I read the thread title I read it in that singsong way they used for the Real Men of Genius ads back in the day.

I don't give a fuck about this honestly, we should treat them like shit every chance we get.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its honestly hilarious, but if we ignore the fact Britain is at a turning point of bigotry, xenophobia and anti-intellectualism then we ignore that stuff like this is very poorly timed.
    I'm with Anthony Jeselinks in that there's no such thing as "poorly timed" or "too soon" when it comes to humor.

Deleted
    well it made me smile but I think it will get old or redundant very fast. they already used most of the clichés in that two minute clip. let's see how far they can go trying to be funny on the subject.

I don't see it as making fun of muslims at all. they are supposed to be dumb girls who are gone there for a dude. so converted or 2nd/3rd gen immigrant girls. Dumb converted people thinks that learning the Fatiha and wearing a scarf/beard made them Muslim. Dumb 2nd/3rd gen think they just need to avoid pork and do ramadan. so talking about the dumb ones, that's literally the only things that make them claim they are Muslims. "drink alcohol? smoke pot? do not pray? lived the west world life like any other "misbelievers"? no big deal, next ramadan I will be cleaned up". if their god exists, he's going to throw them souls or whatever in hell when they'll die, if the book tell the truth. this show should not be a problem for any semi intelligent person.
    for sure bbc make some buzz with this one!!
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2017-01-05 at 11:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Comedy is very diverse, and can serve several purposes. Comedy is a great vehicle for delivering truth, and for bringing monsters down to size. This is a good example of that. I am actually surprised, and I have to say it- pleased, that certain people haven't been in here to attack the video.
    Certain people? Who would that be? lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water