Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would a hard kick to the stomach on her way to her way out the door to her next OB appointment be too much?

EDIT: She would either get an abortion or raise that rape baby without me. Even then I'd still consider leaving her for getting herself raped in the first place.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2017-01-05 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Man it's a fucked up situation, seriously.
    Agreed. But I'm looking at the woman first as she's supposed to be the love of my life. (Why else would I have ever married her to begin with?)
    If I were in that situation...man I don't know. Right now I would say that I would wanna leave her if she didn't get an abortion. I will always stand by my belief that it is the woman's choice to have an abortion or not since it's her body that has to go through with it but I just don't think I could handle the thought that this kid I have to raise and support with my hard earned money came from some asshole raper.
    Disagree.
    Your raising her child. At which point you need to realize that it's now "our" child.

If you don't love her then feel free to abandon her.
    *shrugs*

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is the people that are answering they would just leave their wife aren't married.

You marry someone you love. You generally except whatever comes along in life as partners. What is hers is yours and what is yours is hers. That simply is how it is when you make a decision to live together for the rest of your lives.

As to thinking, I am religious, I am not. I despise organized religion. I really think it's responsible for most of the bad things that happen in the world between humans. So, this is from the point of view of someone that understands a marriage should be with your best friend. The person you simply wouldn't want to live without.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    I can't believe how backwards thinking some people in these thread are. So I have to start from the beginning

If you want to make bread, but you don't have an oven, you go to the shop and ask the oven-owner to bake it for you. The oven-owner can choose to take your bread or not.
    If he chooses to take your bread, he has to apply your rules to his oven. Saying "His oven, his choice" or "You should not have a say to what he does with his oven" is unreasonable. And yet I see it happening and is considered okay in today's society!!

In any logical world, the only choice the oven-owner should have, is to refuse to take your bread. That is the control. You don't want to bake the bread, don't accept the bread. If the bread was put in the oven against the will of the owner, then and only then, the oven-owner should have a choice to discard the bread.

Technology has progressed to the point that we are very close to making bread without oven. Because only the breadmaker is needed to make bread, and not the oven-owner. Experiments have already worked on this. In the near future, this will be reality, and it will be clear to everyone why the oven-owner is not the owner of the bread and how unreasonable is to let him make any decisions about the bread except who to accept as client.

TL;DR: The owner of the oven, is not the owner of the bread, he is only taking care of it for a short period of time, and it is unreasonable that today he can decide anything about the bread, except the initial choice to accept the client or not. Have no fear though, because this is about to change in the future, radically.
    You can't believe how backwards people are, but you equate a woman with an oven. What the holy fuck, batman?

I have to say, I am curious about what will be changing in the future. Please tell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Would a hard kick to the stomach on her way to her way out the door to her next OB appointment be too much?

EDIT: She would either get an abortion or raise that rape baby without me. Even then I'd still consider leaving her for getting herself raped in the first place.
    And you edited the above? I was hoping it was a typo. I'm trying to imagine worse people in this world, than those who blame the rape on the woman. Terrorists, maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Between this . . .

Man it's a fucked up situation, seriously. If I were in that situation...man I don't know. Right now I would say that I would wanna leave her if she didn't get an abortion. I will always stand by my belief that it is the woman's choice to have an abortion or not since it's her body. . . .
    And this . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Agreed. But I'm looking at the woman first as she's supposed to be the love of my life. (Why else would I have ever married her to begin with?)
    I have no idea what I'd do.

Deleted
    Don't marry crazy people i suppose.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And you edited the above? I was hoping it was a typo. I'm trying to imagine worse people in this world, than those who blame the rape on the woman. Terrorists, maybe.
    Shrug. I don't live in a third world country so forcible rape is fairly easy to avoid unless you make a long series of bad choices.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shrug. I don't live in a third world country so forcible rape is fairly easy to avoid unless you make a long series of bad choices.
    I just want to clarify here, and not be the guy who puts words in your mouth. You're saying rape is the woman's fault, and she could avoid it if she really wanted to. Is that right?

Would a dyson vacuum work? No loss of suction?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I just want to clarify here, and not be the guy who puts words in your mouth. You're saying rape is the woman's fault, and she could avoid it if she really wanted to. Is that right?
    I'm saying that when people participate in risky behaviors they can't expect my shoulder to cry on when something predictably bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    A real man or husband would care for HIS wife no matter the circumstances. It's no fault of the child or the wife's. Real men do what needs to be done to care for their loved ones.
    First, don't marry crazy. The belief in imaginary things is a sign of lunacy by definition.
    If she chooses religion over you, something a real woman wouldn't do, easy choice, leave.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying that when people participate in risky behaviors they can't expect my shoulder to cry on when something predictably bad happens.
    She was exiting a toy store on a crowded street in a busy city, in a predominantly white, upscale neighborhood, walking down the sidewalk and got yanked into an alley.
    Stop making excuses for rapists, psycho.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave her with her stupid religion.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    She was exiting a toy store on a crowded street in a busy city, in a predominantly white, upscale neighborhood, walking down the sidewalk and got yanked into an alley.
    Stop making excuses for rapists, psycho.
    And how often does that scenario actually play out compared to rape cases where there were obvious risk factors were involved? I mean, we can play pretend all you want but what you are putting forth is an extreme rarity in rape cases in the US.

And how often does that scenario actually play out compared to rape cases where there were obvious risk factors were involved? I mean, we can play pretend all you want but what you are putting forth is an extreme rarity in rape cases in the US.
    Nothing is obvious until it happens.

There is a first time for everything.

Expecting everyone to simply learn all things that can be known before doing anything in order to remove any blame from themselves is not a reasonable position.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-01-05 at 08:07 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What about women who are raped without engaging in risky behaviors? Any shoulder there?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    My guess is the people that are answering they would just leave their wife aren't married.
    Or maybe they just have a different viewpoint than you? Not everyone views relationships, marriage or even "love" the same way. Their views not aligning with yours does not make their views wrong. For example, I view "love" as something you actively do and choose to do. Not some overly-romanticized fairy tale.

You marry someone you love.
    Or someone who has a lot of money. Or someone who has your kids. Or even just to save some money on taxes. Not everyone views marriage as some sacred celebration of "eternal love". To many, it's merely a societal tool.

You generally except whatever comes along in life as partners.
    There certainly is a sense of higher tolerance when you're in a relationship, married or not. That does not imply an obligation to sacrifice one's own happiness.

What is hers is yours and what is yours is hers.
    To some people, perhaps. To me that entire concept is stupid as it's just another point of contention should things go awry.

That simply is how it is when you make a decision to live together for the rest of your lives.
    Neither you nor anyone else has the authority to make this determination for anyone but you. There is no rule book for relationships or "love". They simply are what they are.

I would take the bullet and raise the kid.

If I marry someone, it's because I want to be with them forever.

No bull shit rapist is going to get in the way of that, and the kid isn't responsible for the crimes of his father.

Make damn sure he gets NO visitation rights, too.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a bit harsh. I will give you an example of a friend that was raped.

She is a nurse, and was driving home. She lives in the Mountains of North Carolina. On the edge of the road, with it's front end into a tree she saw a car. As a nurse her first thought was to stop and help the person. He climbed out of the car, slammed her on the hood and raped her. He then threw her in the ditch and drove away.

So, should she as a medical personnel stopped to check out a car crash?

She has the option of making this whole situation a non issues right now. If she chooses to NOT to do so then good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?

why did she marry the man if she doesnt want sex?

this sjw/pc crap is literally getting ridicolous
    My head hurts...

Pregnancy or not, its a situation with a high divorce rate.