Page 51 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @roi: The damage of brambles should scale with versa, while the absorb shouldn't

I don't like brambles. The classtrinket from Archimonde had a much higher absorb (due to resolve), although all the numbers (lifepool, damage etc.) were smaller.

Deleted
    With current rage gen, I just don't think any of the other talents in that row do anything remotely as useful as the damage that brambles provides (which isn't great either). Let's just hope that the rage nerfs make Bristling Fur a bit more interesting.

The comparison to a trinket from another expansion, which operated on a different tanking model seems out of place to me. The class trinket was barely used because you could replace it with better alternatives in most situations (Anzus for defense, Soul Cap for offense), which just doesn't apply to Brambles at this moment.

After some testing, Akmandor and I found that with 1 UE relic, with the 4 piece bonus from Nighthold, you had on average 1.90 stacks of Ironfur/MoU up at any given time, with zero haste, and no bristling fur usage.

This is equivalent to roughly:
    0 relics: 1.81
    1 relic: 1.90
    2 relics: 2.00
    3 relics: 2.09

To guarantee that you always have 2 stacks up at once, without accounting for Bristling Fur - which is very useful defensively, because it can either allow you to have two ironfur, or one ironfur + one MoU up at any given time, you therefore need roughly:

0 relics: ~11% haste
    1 relic: ~6% haste

So either get a bit of haste, or a couple of UE relics (which, of course, are by far the strongest defensive relics).

TL;DR with tier, get 11% haste with no UE relics / 6% haste with 1 UE relic

Note that if you ordinarily just mash IF as soon as possible, ignore this, it won't make a difference to you
    Last edited by Lysozyme; 2017-01-04 at 05:34 PM.
    Macrologia (expert on Protection Warrior and Guardian Druid)

Skyhold

Dreamgrove

I have a question about trinke, atm i have :

- Goblet 865
    -Bloodtrhisty 870
    -Grotesquette 865

And now i loot Shard of Romora 885, what trinket you think are best ( i like 1 trinket for dps and 1 for survival )?

Deleted
    BTI always and grotesquette for ST survival, Goblet for AoE i guess

New question! Is pawn correct?

Please see these 2 pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/7Na4X

http://imgur.com/a/HUcRW

Are my pawn addon correct enough?
    For bear stats it seems to weight haste VERY high for DPS. So versatility and haste items gives me a lot of DPS over say mastery and crit or w/e.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    New question! Is pawn correct?

Please see these 2 pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/7Na4X

http://imgur.com/a/HUcRW

Are my pawn addon correct enough?
    For bear stats it seems to weight haste VERY high for DPS. So versatility and haste items gives me a lot of DPS over say mastery and crit or w/e.
    bear dps normalized should be about .6 haste .6 vers .4 crit .2 mastery
    bear surv normalized should be about .6 vers .55 mas .4 haste .3 crit

Pumps: Can we update the main post with more detail around gearing? An example would be, an armor piece with vers/x is worth +X ilvls, etc. for both damage and tanking? I realize this is a lot of work but I don't think this data is available anywhere (including discord, only for jewelry).

Quote Originally Posted by CenariusTheForestLord View Post
    bear dps normalized should be about .6 haste .6 vers .4 crit .2 mastery
    bear surv normalized should be about .6 vers .55 mas .4 haste .3 crit
    Thanks! Normalized means "average" or what is normal for how stats are weighed currently at any given item level ?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by moobear View Post
    Pumps: Can we update the main post with more detail around gearing? An example would be, an armor piece with vers/x is worth +X ilvls, etc. for both damage and tanking? I realize this is a lot of work but I don't think this data is available anywhere (including discord, only for jewelry).
    with as strong as armor is for us, any piece (that has armor on it) >10 ilvls is an upgrade. doesnt matter the stats. yes some stats are better than others, but armor trumps all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Thanks! Normalized means "average" or what is normal for how stats are weighed currently at any given item level ?
    They're not completely normalized. But it means the sum adds up to one, and all the stats are smaller than 1. It's a mathematical convention for vectors and axis systems to make numbers easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    with as strong as armor is for us, any piece (that has armor on it) >10 ilvls is an upgrade. doesnt matter the stats. yes some stats are better than others, but armor trumps all.
    I understand that; however, I have a few items within a 5 ilvl difference - I want to know which ones I should be taking. I need the values for stat breakdowns to figure out which is best to take, mainly for: x/vers, vers/x, vers/mast, mast/vers, and socket.

Quote Originally Posted by moobear View Post
    I understand that; however, I have a few items within a 5 ilvl difference - I want to know which ones I should be taking. I need the values for stat breakdowns to figure out which is best to take, mainly for: x/vers, vers/x, vers/mast, mast/vers, and socket.
    i havent seen anyone whjo has spent the time going that in depth. secondaries are just not that big a deal for us. even at 5 ilvls, on a lot of slots the armor gain will make up for "bad" secondaries.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i havent seen anyone whjo has spent the time going that in depth. secondaries are just not that big a deal for us. even at 5 ilvls, on a lot of slots the armor gain will make up for "bad" secondaries.
    And to be fair, the secondaries really are never "bad" since we're generally concerned about both survival and DPS output. Bears certainly aren't like other DPS classes where the balance of secondaries is very unbalanced. That Thrash relic/trait though...

How good is Prydaz for us in 7.1.5? Survivial-oriented build versus Thrash-Thrash-Thrash.

I received this as my fourth legendary last night (other three being chest, belt and boots) and I'm unsure whether it'll ever see any usage.
    Last edited by Exigent; 2017-01-06 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    How good is Prydaz for us in 7.1.5? Survivial-oriented build versus Thrash-Thrash-Thrash.

I received this as my fourth legendary last night (other there being chest, belt and boots) and I'm unsure whether it'll ever see any usage.
    I have the chest, boots and neck legendaries and the way I see it survival wise, I would take the chest and boots over the neck but I think those are the best 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    I have the chest, boots and neck legendaries and the way I see it survival wise, I would take the chest and boots over the neck but I think those are the best 3
    Chest > Prydaz
    The absorb next patch is really good, much better than the heal you'll get from boots.
    For dps of course you have to take belt first.

Prydaz is 15% for tanks on PTR now, same as live, just without the 5 seconds restriction. I don't like the boots design, but it still should be better, and at least you have control over it.