Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh. So nothing has changed and this gets to be Trump's version of the email scandal.

Last I checked, both of them had "evidence" from intelligence communities. And both are still out of jail with no trial in sight.
    Shouldn't we then have a few hearings on this, before we start saying it's the same?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    You say that as if circumstantial evidence is a bad thing.

Circumstantial means "pointing indirectly toward someone's guilt but not conclusively proving it". That's literally what I just said in my post.

It's difficult to provide 100% proof when doing intelligence assessments. But the evidence that we do have, publicly available, is fairly damning.
    like the hackers used Cyrillic keyboard that kind of "evidence"? That the malware (that is readily available) is distributed by a Ukraine hacking group?

and lets say you are right and Russia did hack their email all they did was release information that she is corrupt, everybody knew she was corrupt long before, I promise you no one voted for trump that was going to vote for Hillary after finding out about these leaks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Shouldn't we then have a few hearings on this, before we start saying it's the same?
    if you can convenience congress to have those hearings go for it.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward Trump's reaction and public statement.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has a real opportunity here. He's going to get his briefing tomorrow, and he MUST come out afterwards, and accept the conclusions of the intelligence community.

If he doesn't, if he continues to disparage the intelligence community, then I think we have a real good case for impeachment.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Trump has a real opportunity here. He's going to get his briefing tomorrow, and he MUST come out afterwards, and accept the conclusions of the intelligence community.

If he doesn't, if he continues to disparage the intelligence community, then I think we have a real good case for impeachment.
    Only so long as Congress keeps up their trust in our intelligence agencies. If they all fall in line with Trump because party before anything then.. yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    like the hackers used Cyrillic keyboard that kind of "evidence"? That the malware (that is readily available) is distributed by a Ukraine hacking group?

and lets say you are right and Russia did hack their email all they did was release information that she is corrupt, everybody knew she was corrupt long before, I promise you no one voted for trump that was going to vote for Hillary after finding out about these leaks.
    Whether Russia hacked Podesta's emails in an attempt to get Trump elected, and whether or not the hacking of Podesta's emails actually did help to get Trump elected, are two different issues. The former is much more important than the latter. I agree that Trump likely would have won regardless. I personally believe Comey's letter did much more damage than the hacked emails.
    Eat yo vegetables

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Depends on what Donny boy does if this evidence comes to light.
    Tickles Putin's balls and calls him Papa?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The same US spy chief who told the Senate Intelligence Committee to their faces that the NSA was not collecting data on American citizens.

There's more at play here than just his assessment of the matter, but James Clapper's testimony isn't worth squat.

This is way too much machinations and conspiracy. Russia has an economic dependence on fossil fuels. Trump and Hillary were opposite in this regard, with Trump doubling down and Hillary going reusable energy. Trump won and has appointed a CEO of Exxon, whose credentials are deep in Russian fossil fuel trade. Now the largest consumer of fossil fuel in the form of US, is set to double down on it, after a year + of falling prices due to production being above consumer demand.

That's it... no Machiavelli... just business...
    It's naive to think that Russia invested this much in the US election, because of the oil prices. Your conspiracy is worse than mine lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Tickles Putin's balls and calls him Papa?
    Oh been done already. They might just go all the way after inauguration day

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh been done already. They might just go all the way after inauguration day
    Putin is gonna give him a YUUUUUUGE load.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are you from Scotland? Have you heard of William Wallace?
    I'm not getting what you're on about....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GuavaJava View Post
    The same US spy chief who told the Senate Intelligence Committee to their faces that the NSA was not collecting data on American citizens.

There's more at play here than just his assessment of the matter, but James Clapper's testimony isn't worth squat.
    That was during an open hearing. And the program was classified. Not exactly the right place to discuss it. Either way, Clapper has stated he was wrong to not provide them with more information.

But because of that one hearing, you're going to discount everything the man has ever said? That's pretty transparent.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    if you can convenience congress to have those hearings go for it.
    Why? I thought they were a waste then and are waste now. What you are saying above, just proves my point, a GOP congress does not have the same treatment of Clinton and Trump here. Calling them the same is wrong... I didn't need to convince them before...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    It's naive to think that Russia invested this much in the US election, because of the oil prices. Your conspiracy is worse than mine lol.
    Their economy depends on it... I don't think you understand what this means to Russian economy.

Russian dependence on fossil fuels, not just oil, and Trump's cabinet being beneficial to each other is not a conspiracy theory. I am not accusing anyone of conspiracy or collusion, it's mutually beneficial. Just not for American public... there is no conspiracy...
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-01-05 at 08:36 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on what Donny boy does if this evidence comes to light.
    Deflect that he ever denied it existed and praise the intelligence community on being great people!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Deflect that he ever denied it existed and praise the intelligence community on being great people!
    That's pretty likely too. You know sometimes I think Donald doesn't actually deflect he just forgets the things he says.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    I'm not getting what you're on about....
    Is that a no? Can you at least answer if you are Scottish before I explain who the icon of fighting British influence in Scotland is? You know, trying to show how your comment about it being alright that your country is being impacted by another is idiotic. Trying to relate it to your own country, without the evil US stingma you are showing.

That's pretty likely too. You know sometimes I think Donald doesn't actually deflect he just forgets the things he says.
    Whoa now, the man has one of the world's best memories, he even said so himself! Granted, when he was asked under oath about that declaration he claimed he could not remember ever having said that, but remained resolute that his memory was indeed, still good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I'm looking forward Trump's reaction and public statement.
    Yeah, the public release on Monday can only be judged after Trump tells you how to respond.

I'm looking forward to Monday's release, not how Trump will deny it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a no? Can you at least answer if you are Scottish before I explain who the icon of fighting British influence in Scotland is? You know, trying to show how your comment about it being alright that your country is being impacted by another is idiotic. Trying to relate it to your own country, without the evil US stingma you are showing.
    Yes, I'm Scottish. I was born in Scotland.

And what the fuck are you on about? Ofcourse it's not alright that a country affects another in such ways, but we never seem to hear about puppets placed in smaller countries by the US. Yet Russia apparently affected the US election and it's a super mega major issue all of a sudden? Do as I say, not as I do?