Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?

why did she marry the man if she doesnt want sex?

this sjw/pc crap is literally getting ridicolous
    These people who don't read what they comment on is literally getting ridiculous. See what I did there?

Please, literally read before you post - you'll save us a lot of time fixing your asinine mistakes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    how can a wife be raped?

why did she marry the man if she doesnt want sex?

this sjw/pc crap is literally getting ridicolous
    Can't really take you conservative plonkers seriously when you can't even understand the situation you're voicing an opinion on.

OT: He's free to make his opinion known, and to leave if it's ultimately too burdensome that his wife will follow through with the pregnancy. In this situation, I'd probably walk.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    These people who don't read what they comment on is literally getting ridiculous. See what I did there?

Please, literally read before you post - you'll save us a lot of time fixing your asinine mistakes.
    Even if the OP was what that person thought it would still be nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Is the option there for the child to be born and put up for adoption? Or does she want to raise this child from a man who physically abused her into being pregnant? As a woman, I would never want to have a child from someone who forcibly stole intimacy with me. I'd hate to see it die but I wouldn't want to suffer and risk health issues and death myself to carry this child to term. If I did find it in me to not abort the baby, I'd have it and give it up for adoption. If I were a man, I wouldn't stay. I may love my wife but I couldn't bear to look at this child and know it's not mine, know this child came from forcible means and she chose to disregard my wishes.

Personally - And I'm not relgious, would think it's immoral to keep the baby, both present and in the long run.

The lies both parents (assuming he would stay with them) would have to fill on this kid, to keep it from eventually knowing the truth - that it was concieved through rape, is selfdestructing in itself. The child would never be to blame for anything, but how would a grownup fare with such knowledge of it's biological father? It is devestating to think of to say the least. I think it's irresponsible to even consider having a baby under such horrible circumstances. It is a child concieved by not only an act of cruelty, but has also left the couple with doubt, envy, neglect and sadness.

I see no happy endings in any scenario i can think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    Personally - And I'm not relgious, would think it's immoral to keep the baby, both present and in the long run.

The lies both parents (assuming he would stay with them) would have to fill on this kid, to keep it from eventually knowing the truth - that it was concieved through rape, is selfdestructing in itself. The child would never be to blame for anything, but how would a grownup fare with such knowledge of it's biological father? It is devestating to think of to say the least. I think it's irresponsible to even consider having a baby under such horrible circumstances. It is a child concieved by not only an act of cruelty, but has also left the couple with doubt, envy, neglect and sadness.

I see no happy endings in any scenario i can think of.
    First off, one doesn't have to be religious to be pro-birth.

Second, don't lie to your kid. 'Your child' is the child you're caring for, regardless of biology. That's the cornerstone of adoption. When they are old enough to understand, explain to them who their biological father was.

Third, all of the negative things you speak of are things that the adults are bringing into the situation. If, as many here say, religion is irrational, so are these feelings and opinions regarding this potential child.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    My guess is the people that are answering they would just leave their wife aren't married.
    From what I've read so far, every single person that posted that way is indeed unmarried.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You marry someone you love. You generally except whatever comes along in life as partners. What is hers is yours and what is yours is hers. That simply is how it is when you make a decision to live together for the rest of your lives.
    Too many here just don't understand that for the simple reason that they aren't married.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Or someone who has a lot of money. Or someone who has your kids. Or even just to save some money on taxes. Not everyone views marriage as some sacred celebration of "eternal love". To many, it's merely a societal tool.
    You're not married nor a parent, but for some strange idiotic reason want to subject others with your irrelevant opinions.
    The only reason you have such an opinion is likely the uncomfortable fact that you'd actually have to pay someone to marry you. (as you infer, "love" is a "convenience.")
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I would take the bullet and raise the kid.
    If I marry someone, it's because I want to be with them forever.
    No bull shit rapist is going to get in the way of that, and the kid isn't responsible for the crimes of his father.
    Make damn sure he gets NO visitation rights, too.
    Now here's a man I want at my back. (I can only applaud this. And I would be encouraged to think you'd be a proud father)
    Emotional bonds encourage social cohesion...and make for a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    As long as the brain stem remains intact, you can irreparably damage the areas that deal with higher level functioning such that the person who once occupied the body is essentially gone forever, yet the basic biological functions of the body persist. A heartbeat isn't particularly meaningful, even if it can often be used to definitively show an organism is no longer alive.
    Shouldn't apply a double standard. If there isn't a heartbeat the person is considered dead unless they are on life support.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

If the wife gets pregnant by therapist than obviously therapist was giving more emotional and sexual support about the rape than the husband did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Would a hard kick to the stomach on her way to her way out the door to her next OB appointment be too much?

EDIT: She would either get an abortion or raise that rape baby without me. Even then I'd still consider leaving her for getting herself raped in the first place.
    What the fuck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Shrug. I don't live in a third world country so forcible rape is fairly easy to avoid unless you make a long series of bad choices.
    Exactly how do you make bad choices if you get raped?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun View Post
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    It will always be the woman's choice by law.

It is then the man's choice if he wants to stay or not.

I would leave in that situation just because I couldn't look at the child of my wife's rapist everyday and raise him/her alongside my children.

Quote Originally Posted by saren26 View Post
    You're not looking at this from the man's perspective. Imagine the child is born, you're going to end up being literally depressed for the rest of your life thinking about how the child isn't yours but of a rapist. I don't think it's good for the mental health either, at some point, no matter how tough he is he will break down emotionally. Hell, imagine someone coming over congratulating you and your wife's 'newborn' and perhaps not knowing the child isn't yours?

I can't imagine it, if the wife does not want to abort then I would file a divorce in his position, it's in his best interest mentally. Of course the man wouldn't leave for something as a rape, only if she does not want to abort (save complications due to abortion)...
    This is hilarious because I'm a married man with children.

In the op's situation it's stated that the wife is religious. So you would have known her point of view about abortion. It's your duty when your married to stand by your spouse through anything, with any choice they make. It's repugnant that you would leave the love of your life after such an atrocity with the ultimatum to go through another atrocity.

It's reasonable you wouldn't want to raise a child that isn't yours, but it's more reasonable to stand beside your wife regardless. That was your promise.

If you don't understand this basic premise of marriage, then just don't get married.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a wife is raped and gets pregnant from the rapist, is it okay for the husband to want her to get an abortion? Interestingly enough, a good friend of mine is in this exact situation. It's a difficult situation for all involved. She is very religious and is adamant about keeping the baby; however, he doesn't want to raise a child not his own, especially one who shares its genetics with a rapist. This has caused a huge rift in their relationship, and he's considering leaving. What would you do in this situation?
    OF COURSE!

In fact, if I was the husband, I would demand the abortion. I'll be damned if I'm going to become a cuckold raising her rapist's child.

I'm 100% on the husband's side on this one. I'd also leave if my wife chose to keep her rapist's child.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Exloar View Post
    She has the option of making this whole situation a non issues right now. If she chooses to NOT to do so then good riddance.
    Liberals acting like abortion is like getting a tooth pulled. As if it didn't leave any emotional, psychological, or physical scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicpot View Post
    I would take the bullet and raise the kid.

If I marry someone, it's because I want to be with them forever.

No bull shit rapist is going to get in the way of that, and the kid isn't responsible for the crimes of his father.

Make damn sure he gets NO visitation rights, too.
    You would have no control over the visitation rights.

If the rapist kept himself clean and met the court's expectations, he would have a right to see his child. You could all break bread together, one big happy family.

Maybe he could even talk to your children while he's there, give them some advice. I hope you don't have a daughter when he's around, could be a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    OF COURSE!

In fact, if I was the husband, I would demand the abortion. I'll be damned if I'm going to become a cuckold raising a rapist's child.
    You would be a cuck if you watched your wife get raped and enjoyed it. That had nothing to do with a child. Again someone who thinks abortion is just some rest procedure with no repercussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Liberals acting like abortion is like getting a tooth pulled. As if it didn't leave any emotional, psychological, or physical scars.
    Did you ever see the "Ali G" show when he went to the pro choice convention and filmed it? Women there were bragging about how many abortions they had, it was like a "badge of honor" to them I guess.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    That's highly individual what you feel after an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You would have no control over the visitation rights.

If the rapist kept himself clean and met the court's expectations, he would have a right to see his child. You could all break bread together, one big happy family.

Maybe he could even talk to your children while he's there, give them some advice. I hope you don't have a daughter when he's around, could be a situation.
    If the rapist is convicted he would be a sex offender which aren't allowed to be near children.

If he's not convicted then he's not a rapist by law.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    Did you ever see the "Ali G" show when he went to the pro choice convention and filmed it? Women there were bragging about how many abortions they had, it was like a "badge of honor" to them I guess.
    Really a comedy movie? Sure it was real?

Dump her just for getting raped. Damaged goods are damaged.

Hey, you asked...