Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

How do you know what your political idealogy is when you don't care?

My whole life I have never given 2 shits about politics. Is there a political class for me? Am I left/right/centre?

All I know is I like when people have jobs.

You're Canadian, you don't have an ideology.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

That's just apathy.
    Working on my next ban.

Deleted
    Why would you even need an ideology? They tend to be like religions, trying to force your thinking into a mold and never admitting they could be wrong at something.

However there's an easy way to find out. Just ask yourself...

- Do you want government control over everything?
    - Do you have an urge to pretend to be morally superior to others, and rub it in other people's faces whenever you can?
    - Do you call yourself liberal, but at the same time want to punish or silence people whose opinions differ from your own?
    - Do you call everyone you don't like a Nazi/racist/fascist?
    - Do you want more Muslim immigration?
    - Do you think people shouldn't talk about facts if some groups think it's offensive?
    - Do you think people deserve special treatment based on their religion, culture or skin color?
    - Do you think offices and workplaces should apply gender/ethnic quotas instead of just hiring the most qualified people?
    - Do you get tantrums and call other people stupid when things don't go the way you want?
    - Do you think Karl Marx was a great and progressive thinker whose ideas are still valid and flawless?

If your answer to most of these is yes, then you are most likely a leftist. If not, you still have hope.

All I know is I like when people have jobs.
    Congratulations, you are more likely to be slightly conservative then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    My whole life I have never given 2 shits about politics. Is there a political class for me? Am I left/right/centre?
    I have a simple test that might give you a rough reading on your tilt.

When somebody says "Merry Christmas Jayburner" do you:

A) Respond in kind?

B) Politely acknowledge the sentiment and continue on unaffected?

C) Feel that you have just been accosted?

The more you think that A describes you, the more to the Right you might be.

The more you think that B describes you, the more Centered you might be.

The more you think that C describes you, the more to the Left you might be.

Results my vary, conclusions not guaranteed, jokes and sarcasm is highly implied.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Why would you even need an ideology? They tend to be like religions, trying to force your thinking into a mold and never admitting they could be wrong at something. *long list of examples of his own biased ideologies*
    Lulz.

/10char
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I think I might be communist lol.

Why would you even need an ideology? They tend to be like religions, trying to force your thinking into a mold and never admitting they could be wrong at something.

/snip
    The phrasing of your questions is, well, questionable. Some are almost to the level of, "When did you stop beating your wife?"

In any case, OP, just consider your own interests when voting. That's what it's about. And note that I'm highly political now, in my late 30's, didn't get a fuck when I was in my early 20's, then studied up when I was about 25. Not sure how old you are.

And, just to add, part of the political "game" (at least in the US) is to make people apathetic.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I think I might be communist lol.
    How so? Do you think that concentration camps with forced labor count as having jobs?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I argue Politics a fair bit and even I'm not completely sure what I would describe myself as, since I lean different ways for different things and through my Adult Life have been a swing Voter. My "political compass" test generally puts me slightly left and slightly libertarian.

Though I definitely know I am neither Far Left nor Far Right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    The phrasing of your questions is, well, questionable. Some are almost to the level of, "When did you stop beating your wife?"
    Admittedly, there's a lot of sarcasm involved. However, many of them are based on the behavior of certain people even on these forums -- especially after the latest US presidential elections. Naturally, those people are living in a constant state of denial and would never admit it.

Also, I'm experiencing some bug that completely prevents me from editing any of my messages (or rather, prevents me from saving any edited changes), so I couldn't change anything even if I wanted to.

Also, I'm experiencing some bug that completely prevents me from editing any of my messages (or rather, prevents me from saving any edited changes), so I couldn't change anything even if I wanted to.
    No edit for you! Sorry.

How about I bring it down to one question: Would you prefer that everyone works hard, rising to the top or falling to the bottom based on their talents, or would you prefer that everyone is automatically somewhere just above the bottom, but can do more to rise if they wish?

I'd go with the second option. Unfortunately, Americans are wimps, setting the middle class against the poor, setting the poor against the middle class, and so on. Guess what? Poor guy probably has a job, and probably works harder than middle manager who fires worker for clocking in 5 seconds late.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

You don't have to know. The denizens of Gen off-topic will tell you.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Just keep saying stuff and other people will label you quick-smart.

Deleted
    do you like to keep your money and have the government stay out of your business? are you more vigilant than tolerant? do you value tradition?

then you're a right winger

You are probably a centrist OP, and are disillusioned by the current politics of extremes.

Most people are centrists in reality - but have red/blue affiliations based on some pseudo-religious family history (like sporting teams).

Your indifference is probably to the parties, not to the politics.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The never ending urge for people to label everything is just insane. Most of us have fluid thoughts and beliefs if even to a small degree as a result you can't pigeon hole yourself into any one title with politics or anything really.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

- Do you want government control over everything?
    - Do you have an urge to pretend to be morally superior to others, and rub it in other people's faces whenever you can?
    - Do you call yourself liberal, but at the same time want to punish or silence people whose opinions differ from your own?
    - Do you call everyone you don't like a Nazi/racist/fascist?
    - Do you want more Muslim immigration?
    - Do you think people shouldn't talk about facts if some groups think it's offensive?
    - Do you think people deserve special treatment based on their religion, culture or skin color?
    - Do you think offices and workplaces should apply gender/ethnic quotas instead of just hiring the most qualified people?
    - Do you get tantrums and call other people stupid when things don't go the way you want?
    - Do you think Karl Marx was a great and progressive thinker whose ideas are still valid and flawless?

If your answer to most of these is yes, then you are most likely a leftist. If not, you still have hope.

Congratulations, you are more likely to be slightly conservative then.
    Ah yes. Democrats want to kill your jobs, take your guns, ban your religion, and hail satan. All that jazz.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's not baiting or political bashing, it's sarcasm!!!
    I was being sarcastic in turn :P

Now excuse me. I'm a Catholic whore, currently enjoying congress out of wedlock with my black, Jewish boyfriend who works at a military abortion clinic. So, hail Satan, and have a lovely afternoon.
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And I am sure you wouldn't want the government to forbid that?
    You want them to stay out of your business?
    According to Taftvalue you're a rightwinger.
    I belong to no wing. I belong to the night.
    – C.S. Lewis