Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No conspiracy. Just the usual hypocrisy from you and your ilk. As well as a bit of nuanced humor that, as usual, is lost in the shallow pool.
    Macy's announced its plan in September 2015, KMart in April 2016, Sears in August 2016.

Trump isn't even President yet.

You're all giddy to blame him for it but if Hillary had won these closures would have still happened because they were slated to happen before the election season even heated up.

Plus the basis for your flame is a false equivalence triggered by his ability to prevent a few companies from moving their jobs overseas.

Except Trump never campaigned to stop stores from closing - he campaigned on preventing business from moving their operations overseas.

But nevertheless a lot of people are bashing him for this.

So why is that?

Its either a conspiracy theory that has led people to believe any of these closures will happen because Trump was elected ...even though they were all announced a long time ago.

Or its just good ol' fashion "any excuse to complain will do" triggering.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Theres a difference between convincing companies to bring back jobs which have been offshored, and companies shutting the doors on stores that aren't profitable.
    The jobs which were offshored because they weren't profitable to keep in the US, you mean. There's very little functional difference.

But man, I can't believe Trump is causing department stores to go out of business.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Macy's announced its plan in September 2015, KMart in April 2016, Sears in August 2016.

You're all giddy to blame him for it but if Hillary had won these closures would have still happened because they were slated to happen before the election season even heated up.

Plus the basis for your flame is a false equivalence triggered by his ability to prevent a few companies from moving their jobs overseas.

Except Trump never campaigned to stop stores from closing - he campaigned on preventing business from moving their operations overseas.

So why is that?

Its either a conspiracy theory that has led people to believe any of these closures will happen because Trump was elected ...even though they were all announced a long time ago.

Don't worry, it'll hit you on the way back around. Maybe.

God, this is gold.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-01-05 at 10:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Don't worry, it'll hit you on the way back around. Maybe.

God, this is gold.
    The golden part is how you just got destroyed and yet felt the need to reply with nonense anyways.

"hit me on the way back around"

What are you even talking about?
    MAGA

Now Trump is going to come in and offer them Billions to keep the jobs and pretend like he did something amazing. Then he'll tweet about another company and cause their stock to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    These major American brands are closing stores all across the country. The timing of these closures brings to question the perceived effect of a Trump presidency on the stability of American consumerism.

But let's stop there. The purpose of this thread is to expose the extensive confirmation bias from self-identified Trump supporters that has plagued just about every news story about a business succeeding in the past few weeks.

If Trump is responsible for those successes, then he must also be responsible for these failures. Now, any rational person would reject both of these arguments - Trump isn't in office yet, and businesses don't plan colossal changes to their strategies on the basis of a few words from an incurable liar; the most they would do is use his election as an excuse for their already-laid plans in order to sway national opinion or gain publicity. But for some reason, select individuals feel the need to justify their support for a candidate by irrational means, as if their own reputation were at stake.

An almost hypothetical question to discuss: Do you think the team mentality that has infiltrated American politics is beneficial to the political decisionmaking process?

Sources:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Y7K/story.html

http://www.syracuse.com/business-new...sing_list.html
    can you please be specific of the successes you are referring to so I know what I will be defending?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Now Trump is going to come in and offer them Billions to keep the jobs and pretend like he did something amazing. Then he'll tweet about another company and cause their stock to drop.
    It is kind of like making it against the law not to have health insurance then brag how many more now have health insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    He's ignoring the fact that sears holdings hasn't been profitable for years. It has nothing to do with trump and much more to do with retail losing to online. That however doesn't fit his anti-trump agenda.
    Heh, ya exactly.

Which is why I was curious if this is another conspiracy theory being pushed by the media.

All these Leftist outlets out there talking about these closures and not one of them mentioning the fact that they have been planned for years.

Its almost like they want their followers to believe that the decision came after Trump won.
    MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It is kind of like making it against the law not to have health insurance then brag how many more now have health insurance
    No. No, it's not like that at all. Do you actually not understand any words that you use?

KMart and Sears is still a thing? I thought they went like Circuit City did long ago. Haven't seen a KMart in a decade or so. Haven't seen Sears since I got my Wii opening week from one because no one thought to go to Sears for one.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, ya exactly.

Which is why I was curious if this is another conspiracy theory being pushed by the media.

All these Leftist outlets out there talking about these closures and not one of them mentioning the fact that they have been planned for years.

Its almost like they want their followers to believe that the decision came after Trump won.
    Swing and a miss.

The purpose of the OP was to point out that Trump's claimed successes with people like Carrier and Ford are silly, and that if there is any modicum of logical consistency on the part of his supporters they'd claim that the decline of department stores is also due to his influence.

I'm kinda shocked retailers aren't closing at even faster rates. Who goes to the mall anymore? A huge expansive mall just opened up near me about a year ago and I'm baffled. Apparently it cost like $200M.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    I'm kinda shocked retailers aren't closing at even faster rates. Who goes to the mall anymore?
    Weird people who don't like the convenience of online shopping. Amazon is love, Amazon is life.

People who owe me money, I tell them to pay it back through PayPal or Amazon Gift Cards XD
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    These major American brands are closing stores all across the country. The timing of these closures brings to question the perceived effect of a Trump presidency on the stability of American consumerism.

But let's stop there. The purpose of this thread is to expose the extensive confirmation bias from self-identified Trump supporters that has plagued just about every news story about a business succeeding in the past few weeks.

If Trump is responsible for those successes, then he must also be responsible for these failures. Now, any rational person would reject both of these arguments - Trump isn't in office yet, and businesses don't plan colossal changes to their strategies on the basis of a few words from an incurable liar; the most they would do is use his election as an excuse for their already-laid plans in order to sway national opinion or gain publicity. But for some reason, select individuals feel the need to justify their support for a candidate by irrational means, as if their own reputation were at stake.

An almost hypothetical question to discuss: Do you think the team mentality that has infiltrated American politics is beneficial to the political decisionmaking process?

Sources:

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...Y7K/story.html

http://www.syracuse.com/business-new...sing_list.html
    probably the worst attempt at trolling i have read in a good while. your equivalence here is like saying obama is directly responsible for more mass shootings than ever before in the US (per year) even if he supported higher gun regulation. racial division like never before (under obama) as an african american descendant himself. how in the fuck can you seriously tie this shit together? i will be amazed if anyone takes you seriously. the man has not even been in power yet ffs! you really need a hobby other than trying to cause people to bicker for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Swing and a miss.

The purpose of the OP was to point out that Trump's claimed successes with people like Carrier and Ford are silly, and that if there is any modicum of logical consistency on the part of his supporters they'd claim that the decline of department stores is also due to his influence.
    The matter is a little larger than one post on a gaming forum.

I'm commenting on the media spin in general trying to convince people that these closings are Trump's fault.

And, as by evidence to the opinions here, its working.
    MAGA

Kmart was closing stores months ago. Simmer down.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

So why is that?

Clearly the hypocrisy goes above your head. Trump has claimed victory for decisions that had nothing to do with him but yet his supporters give him full credit. So wouldn't it be just as silly to give him full credit for bad things even though he had nothing to do with it? How eager he (and his lackeys) are ready to take credit for good things and point the fingers when bad things happen regardless of causation is just a preview of what's to come.

Also, Correction: He didn't run on "preventing business from moving their operations overseas", He ran on bringing BACK those jobs lost to overseas and bringing back jobs to dieing industries such as coal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-speech-224891
    http://time.com/4570070/donald-trump-coal-jobs/

Please keep up with your guys positions, I know I am.

Honestly a bit surprised Kmart is still around. The one we had here closed a few years ago, and no one moved into the space yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Kmart was closing stores years ago. Simmer down.
    FTFY.

http://nreionline.com/news/kmart-sto...-complete-list

Check the date. Thanks Obama.

As for Macy's, the last 2 holiday seasons I worked for them seasonally in one of their online shopping distribution centers (where stuff ordered online is shipped directly to customers.) If their store policies are as jacked up and inefficient as their one's in the DC its no surprise that a number of stores shit the bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trump saves 800 jobs, then loses 100,000. All job losses and gains are a direct result of glorious leader Trump!

Come on Trumpers, the time to be consistent and not look like hypocrites is now!

- - - Updated - - -

This is pretty much what everyone (except blind and ignorant Trumpers) has been pointing out about the other "gains" that Trump has supposedly been responsible for, but in every case the business had already been planning on doing anything before Trump talked to them.

The point of this thread is to point out the almost hilarious hypocrisy.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

How is this thread still open? Its just a shit slinging match between trump supports and trump opponents but i guess the mods don't care as it is aimed to make trump out to be bad.