Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If Trumpers are so averse to war, why all the saber rattling at China and the middle east?

I mean, hypocrisy has been rampant, so why am I at all surprised...
    I don't know, you'd have to ask a Trumper instead of me wouldn't you?

That saber rattling has been the Asian Pivot started under Obama, you know. The attempt is obviously to continue that. Pretty simple concept so I'm not sure why you're trying to bash anyone but the government for their ploys here.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Do you think Trump will continue putting himself before his country by denying such accusations from his own intelligence? Irrespective of the election however I find such accusations quite scary if indeed true
    Considering the public "evidence" released so far, he has every right to be critical of these allegations.

Wait for the evidence, then make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    If Trumpers are so averse to war, why all the saber rattling at China and the middle east?
    Maybe they are averse to war with entire world and want to pick and choose?

And China looks much safer then Russia? You know, a lot less nukes, a fair bit less technologically advanced military overall, most threats "potential" rather then real at this point?

And they want to bring them down a notch or two using trade policies while they are not really threatening?

...and, well, if it's Russia + USA you can do pretty much anything at all and get away with it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Trump has a real opportunity here. He's going to get his briefing tomorrow, and he MUST come out afterwards, and accept the conclusions of the intelligence community.

If he doesn't, if he continues to disparage the intelligence community, then I think we have a real good case for impeachment.
    Trump was very open about wanting better relations with Russia during his campaign. Despite this, or maybe even *because* of this, the US semi-democratic system elected him as the president. The voters knew what they were going to get. If Trump is impeached as a result of pursuing this campaign goal his supporters (approx. 50% of the voters) will revolt. I'm not talking about mere angry demonstrations here and there but actual wide-scale riots. The US would descend into infighting and anarchy. Tread carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    "Intelligence" moved intelligence briefing for Trump on this matter to Friday... because reasons.

Obviously not because their report wasn't good enough!
    Wasn't that meeting always scheduled for Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Yes. Obama got the briefing today, Trump was always getting the briefing tomorrow.

He just made some bullshit up about knowing stuff nobody else knows and how he'd reveal information earlier in the week. And per his usual schtick, he has spectacularly failed to deliver and is blaming it on anyone but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Trump was very open about wanting better relations with Russia during his campaign. Despite this, or maybe even *because* of this, the US semi-democratic system elected him as the president. The voters knew what they were going to get. If Trump is impeached as a result of pursuing this campaign goal his supporters (approx. 50% of the voters) will revolt. I'm not talking about mere angry demonstrations here and there but actual wide-scale riots. The US would descend into infighting and anarchy. Tread carefully.
    Whatever happens in the near future, the US lost either way. Just look at that whole health-care problem they have. Finaly a large percentage of the population has some basic healthcare but the other half of the population is taking that away. People will start dying and they don't give a f*ck about eachother, their fellow countrymen...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    I'm amazed at US media ability to rewrite history, but nope.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/31/po...russia-doubts/
    Trump has scheduled an intelligence briefing midweek on the hacking, a response to President Barack Obama's announcement of new sanctions on Moscow in retaliation for the cyber-intrusion.
    "I just want them to be sure, because it's a pretty serious charge, and I want them to be sure. And if you look at the weapons of mass destruction, that was a disaster, and they were wrong," Trump said, referencing failed intelligence in the lead-up to the Iraq War as a reason for skepticism.

Friday is definitely not "midweek".

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, do they actually have evidence? Is it evidence different from the proof the CIA supposedly have?
    The evidence officially released by our government shows no clear tie to Russia. It has been debunked by independent security experts including John McAfee.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I'm amazed at US media ability to rewrite history, but nope.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/31/po...russia-doubts/
    Trump has scheduled an intelligence briefing midweek on the hacking, a response to President Barack Obama's announcement of new sanctions on Moscow in retaliation for the cyber-intrusion.
    "I just want them to be sure, because it's a pretty serious charge, and I want them to be sure. And if you look at the weapons of mass destruction, that was a disaster, and they were wrong," Trump said, referencing failed intelligence in the lead-up to the Iraq War as a reason for skepticism.

Friday is definitely not "midweek".
    He can schedule them all he wants, but the president elect does not get intelligence briefings ahead of the president, and the president was always getting briefed on Thursday with Trump was always going to be briefed on Friday.

What Trump says on the matter is irrelevant, as he's already a well established liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    The evidence officially released by our government shows no clear tie to Russia. It has been debunked by independent security experts including John McAfee.
    Oh man, I needed that laugh at the end of the day. Thanks for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He can schedule them all he wants, but the president elect does not get intelligence briefings ahead of the president, and the president was always getting briefed on Thursday with Trump was always going to be briefed on Friday.

What Trump says on the matter is irrelevant, as he's already a well established liar.

Oh man, I needed that laugh at the end of the day. Thanks for that.
    Please laugh about this https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/...lware-ip-hack/

Literally the only response I've seen when I post that link is shit like "well, the REAL evidence is classified by our government! we should trust them!"

/grin "US Spy Chief"
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Whatever happens in the near future, the US lost either way. Just look at that whole health-care problem they have. Finaly a large percentage of the population has some basic healthcare but the other half of the population is taking that away. People will start dying and they don't give a f*ck about eachother, their fellow countrymen...
    The new healthcare system has largely been a failure due to most people not qualifying and how hard it is on small business.

By no means are people getting the care they need under it. If anything it has hurt more people than its helped.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Please laugh about this https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2016/...lware-ip-hack/

Literally the only response I've seen when I post that link is shit like "well, the REAL evidence is classified by our government! we should trust them!"
    The full report (redacted) is coming out on Monday, so I'm waiting for that before making final decisions. But I'm still inclined to side with our intelligence community, which I guess makes me a sucker, or something?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Irrelevant to the issue of healthcare, but I sort of don't care about the average random citizen. Those people are the reason we're stuck in a 2-party system, because they are dumb enough to buy into it. They deserve whatever results they get.

I sort of don't care about the average random citizen.
    Not caring about other people seems to be a thingy in the USA.

So the hack occurred in June and now six months later there going to provide the reason Russia did this. Nice and all but can't they just release proof instead, you know so there claims can be confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So the hack occurred in June and now six months later there going to provide the reason Russia did this. Nice and all but can't they just release proof instead, you know so there claims can be confirmed?
    They're releasing their report on Monday. Investigations take time, and not all information can be released publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're releasing their report on Monday. Investigations take time, and not all information can be released publicly.
    Wow. This doesn't remind me of Benghazi or the hunt for WMDs at all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forging evidence takes time.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side