Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So it's a 70% nerf to the focus cost reduction. If that translates linearly to a 70% DPS nerf to the 4P bonus then it still won't be terrible, but overall it'll put us below a handful of specs in terms of overall DPS gained from both set bonuses together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 2P Bonus: Dire Beast reduces the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by an additional 8 sec

Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 4P Bonus: When you use Bestial Wrath, all of your currently summoned Dire Beasts gain %50% increased damage for 15 sec.

2 pc - meh

4 pc - I dont know how to describe my feelings. How can class designers be this fool, god damn Dire Beast lasts only 8 seconds. Thus if you are specced into Dire Frenzy god damn set bonus doesnt work. Just throw out something like kill command does x% more dmg in BW
    It now works with direbeasts summoned before and after the BW and it also buffs Stomp damage. Chill, it was a buff, hands down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 2P Bonus: Dire Beast reduces the cooldown of Bestial Wrath by an additional 8 sec

Hunter T19 Beast Mastery 4P Bonus: When you use Bestial Wrath, all of your currently summoned Dire Beasts gain %50% increased damage for 15 sec.

2 pc - meh

4 pc - I dont know how to describe my feelings. How can class designers be this fool, god damn Dire Beast lasts only 8 seconds. Thus if you are specced into Dire Frenzy god damn set bonus doesnt work. Just throw out something like kill command does x% more dmg in BW
    Not every talent is going to affected by a 2 of 4 piece bonus. I don't see chimaera shot being buffed either which is the same line as Stomp and Dire Frenzy.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not every talent is going to affected by a 2 of 4 piece bonus. I don't see chimaera shot being buffed either which is the same line as Stomp and Dire Frenzy.
    difference is dire frenzy replaces dire beast, chimera shot and stomp do not, which makes 4pc litterally do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by rawi View Post
    It now works with direbeasts summoned before and after the BW and it also buffs Stomp damage. Chill, it was a buff, hands down.
    Ok ok ok now i am calm. I have 2 questions:

1) Is it a bug or stomp works in only 5-8 yard range prior to target ? Dire Beast spawns just right side of you and at that moment stomp damage occurs. Intended or bug ?

2) Titan's Thunder dire beast damage also benefits from 4 pc set bonus ?
    Last edited by Kayagurcu; 2017-01-06 at 04:55 AM.

Ok ok ok now i am calm. Is it a bug or stomp works in only 5-8 yard range prior to target ? Beast spawns just right side of you and at that moment stomp damage occurs. Intended or bug ?
    Bug that happen sometimes (like when target is on another Z axis then you), its not normal (unless its 100% broken on PTR atm).
    DB should spawn at your target and do aoe dmg if you have Stomp.

Data mining doesn't show it, but the BM 2p and 4p got swapped. The new 4p seems pretty nice to me. You're looking at a few more Bestial Wraths on an average fight.

The new 2p bonus applies to new and existing Dire Beasts for the full duration of Bestial Wrath, and this includes all DB damage (Stomp and Titan's Thunder). They just need to change the wording on it (I'm also guessing that because of the wording, it might not get implemented properly in sim craft at first).

The difference with Chim Shot is that you still get to benefit from the extra Dire Beast damage. Dire Frenzy basically erases the bonus. So hopefully they add a Dire Frenzy version of it, but until that talent gets a short range charge like Kill Command I'm not really interested in it outside of Patchwerk.
    Last edited by BendakWoW; 2017-01-06 at 06:04 AM.

I usually only experience the direbeast spawning on me thing when using the trueshot lodge training dummies, especially the ones on the front side of the building. Can't get on current ptr to see if it's happening elsewhere just throwing it out there if you're using those dummies it does that even on live.

Deleted
    Don't forget that a nerf of the 4p bonus is a up of the 2p bonus...

Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post
    Don't forget that a nerf of the 4p bonus is a up of the 2p bonus...
    only if you were sitting on max focus during trueshot with the old bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    only if you were sitting on max focus during trueshot with the old bonus
    True for the SW build (that's capped behind charges), but not true for AS builds. Expending more focus means you need to spend time regenning focus, which means you gain more focus to spend thus slightly buffing the 2 set. Not a huge amount by any means, but to give an example:

50% reduc - 100 focus start and regenning ~180 focus over 15 seconds IIRC = 280 focus. 10 aimed shots, 1 marked shot in the duration, roughly, to keep vuln up (assuming enough haste) = 265 focus.

15% reduc - again, 280 focus to spend. With aimed now costing 42.5 per and marked shot 25.5, we're looking at ~6 aimeds 1 marked over the duration, opening up for multiple globals of arcane shot to regen focus that wouldn't be available with the old set, simply because we're not spending the focus quick enough. That's a net gain of focus (and thus, trueshot reduction), but it's so minor it might as well not be relevant.

As for sidewinders, as long as you never overcap charges or focus, your overall focus regen for a fight is set in stone due to the cd on your generator. No tier bonus is going to change that.

This being said, I'm still waiting for them to make marked shot worth pressing before passing any judgement. The out-of-tune set bonuses have been mostly reigned in now, the legendaries seem to have been finalized (although I still feel the boots are retardedly powerful compared to any of our other options), so one can assume they'll finally get around to finishing up actual class adjustments this week before the patch goes live next reset.

Deleted
    15% for 15 sec. Its like nothing. It should be 15% all time

Did they really do this?? (no ptr access atm)

http://imgur.com/a/5ZCrL

Lol they didn't nerf it, they fucking removed it. I'm not even a Hunter but I read that and went "ouch, they just got fucked there.."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
    Did they really do this?? (no ptr access atm)

http://imgur.com/a/5ZCrL
    Yep. We'll note this on the front page in a moment. The spell names are just not updated by Blizzard.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Soo.. is this now going to push BM a little further up the board? I was actually about to ditch my Hunter as MM looked clunky on PTR and BM didn't seem anywhere near as strong... however this tier buff seems to make it worth it... what are we thinking at the moment?

Deleted
    Why do you talk about BM set in MM set change topic...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    It was OP - needed nerf, but Blizz is definitely living up to their rep of swinging that pendulum hard.
    It was 3 times better than most 2 to 4pc increases, you still will have a bigger performance increase than most classes. Where is this "overnerfing"?

Deleted
    50% is too much. 15% not enough. 20% would be just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohai View Post
    50% is too much. 15% not enough. 20% would be just right.
    I'll settle for 25