... LastLast
    I am still confused on things here.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I am confused. So is this a nerf or a buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocoabuter View Post
    Yes, it is.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Getting pulled from highground while in los AND through the payload is some bullshit. Glad this shitty 1 trick pony is getting nerfed.

Deleted
    It was fun until it ends

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabuter View Post
    It's a nerf overall.
    It's a net loss to Roadhog.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a good change, I wonder if they are going to compensate for Roadhog thou with damage or health increase. Maybe even re fund hook cd (or half).

Bad enough Roadhog is the most squishiest tank out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trematode View Post
    Bad enough Roadhog is the most squishiest tank out there.
    He's not really a 'tank' in the typical sense anyway - he's basically a DPS with high health and the ability to heal himself. Maybe more people will pick Reinhardt, Zarya, Winston or D.va now - since they do a better job at protecting teammates.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's a nerf overall.
    It's a net loss to Roadhog.
    But it's a Nerf from a position of strength due to inept coding. He'll be where he's intended to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    But it's a Nerf from a position of strength due to inept coding. He'll be where he's intended to be.
    Right... cause Blizzard has NEVER over nerfed something.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Long overdue nerf. If you can even call it a nerf, it's more like a fix.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or the hook was coded as hitscan versus how everything non hitscan was designed. Because that's exactly how the hook behavior works when you see someone move out of it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is real, those rejoicing at the "nerf" will be sad....

That being said, people are also showing the hook failing to land when they can clearly see the target. If the target is behind any cover, it fails now...

https://gfycat.com/DistortedScholarlyAnt
    Last edited by Kujako; 2017-01-06 at 01:17 AM.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Long overdue nerf. If you can even call it a nerf, it's more like a fix.
    Agree 100%. I'm beasty with Rhog, but I almost never cast bullshit hooks b/c my brain doesn't work like that. I only cast when people are wide open and I can see. I don't just throw hooks at a roof knowing that Blizzard will magically grant my hook the ability to pull things out of my line of sight. I also don't expect a character that has gone behind a wall to magically reappear after traveling through time and space.

Get fucked broken hook, now this character will be correct for the first time in ever. Not sure that he needs any buffs, considering how much damage he can live through on top of still being able to 'one shot' half the roster.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-01-06 at 05:23 AM.

It doesn't matter, it's still a nerf.

And if what Pend linked is how it's going to be live, that is absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    That's pretty brutal. However, I suspect that they'll do one of three things to make Roadhog's hook work a bit better in these situations:

1. Reduce the delay between when the hook lands and when the target is pulled, allowing the target to be pulled before momentum pushes them behind an obstacle
    2. Make the hook stun immediately stop all momentum, preventing the target from getting behind the obstacle
    3. Add a bit more tolerance for hook targets that are in partial LoS, or add a bit more tolerance for curved barriers (like the tree or a curved wall)

I'm confident that they'll adjust Roadhog as necessary to keep him up-to-scratch, but I wouldn't be surprised if the hook goes live like this for a while. I think it makes sense to see exactly how these changes affect him in a live environment before pushing the buff button.

What concerns me more than a general nerf is how this affects Roadhog against targets like Lucio, Genji and Tracer. He's one of the good counters for the faster/slippery heroes, but making his hook weaker in this particular way will affect him most when dealing with these sorts of targets.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2017-01-06 at 05:42 AM.

It seems fair to me. If he hooks most heroes then he's guaranteed a kill if he plays his cards right. He can do this every six seconds. So if an enemy is behind cover even partially then it seems logical that they won't be liable to die so abruptly. It will reward precise timing - which is something needed for a powerful ability. 76's helix rocket can kill Tracer in one hit, for instance, but only if he aims correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It seems fair to me. If he hooks most heroes then he's guaranteed a kill if he plays his cards right. He can do this every six seconds. So if an enemy is behind cover even partially then it seems logical that they won't be liable to die so abruptly. It will reward precise timing - which is something needed for a powerful ability. 76's helix rocket can kill Tracer in one hit, for instance, but only if he aims correctly.
    The issue is that is precise aiming, and Lucio is clearly in line of sight. There's just a small tree. It's the same silliness as D.Va's ult being blocked by a streetlamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    It actually seems fine. Seeing as it pretty much easily one shots everyone but tanks, there needs to be an actual counter to it that isn't just cover behind something until the Roadhog is gone.

Cover and juking should have been a way to avoid hooks... but wasn't given it's absurd hitbox. Now it just means the Roadhog needs to choose his targets better, going for people who aren't near LoS and trying to juke him.