View Poll Results: What type of guild are you in right now?

Voters
255. This poll is closed
  • Hardcore

12 4.71%
  • Semi-Hardcore

127 49.80%
  • Casual

53 20.78%
  • PvP

0 0%
  • Social

8 3.14%
  • Cesspool

7 2.75%
  • Roleplay

3 1.18%
  • Custom Guild (Family/Friends/Bank etc.)

25 9.80%
  • I'm not part of any guild but I'm looking for one.

6 2.35%
  • I'm not part of any guild and don't want to be.

14 5.49%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    We are a 2 night a week raiding guild, we raid 3 hours each night, and are 7/7M, we recently removed all the bad players/sub par players and have a stupidly good line-up of players going into NH. We want to be hardcore, (As hardcore as you can 2 nights a week)
    This is what I'm striving for...... can't get enough for Mythic thou, good players tend to get butthurt if you have to bench them, and you can't roll with just 20 cause people miss for various reasons when you are trying to rely on 20 to show up for raid nights all the time just doesn't happen.

My new idea is try to find other people in other Heroic only guilds with players that want to do mythic on an off night to be my "Bench" not sure how that's going to work but by god I'll try.

Casual. No longer doing Mythics and went from three-four raiding nights a week to two.

My own guild where I just park my toons. Haven't been in a "real" guild for years now. Best decision ever. Wouldn't join any kind of guild ever again.

Solo guild. Me, my alts, and my guild bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    Solo guild. Me, my alts, and my guild bank.
    I'm about to be this... as my current guild the GM hasn't logged in in over 3 weeks. I send out a message asking for interest in getting a 5 man mythic going a couple nights a week... Got two replies.

Either this or find another guild.. but eh.

Deleted
    Something between casual and semi-hardcore, and feel really good about it Kinda too old for that hardcore stuff.

We only raid Heroic 2 nights a week so I think that makes us casual? We have some people who could theoretically do Mythic but not enough who are on that level of execution, and even if we did we're technically 2 separate guilds on 2 different servers that merged so we still wouldn't be able to do Mythic.

Heroic mode only, 1 day a week. 7/7h 3/3h.

Though, we're all ex heroic (when heroic was the only hard mode) raiders from past expansions, so we're pretty organized for the one night we do raid.

Marked us off as casual, but I don't even know what casual means.

Main guild raids 4 hours x2 nights, idk what that would be considered.
    Alts are in personal/bank guilds.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Super hardcore. We do all the raid lockouts all the damn time always.

Deleted
    Guild for friends. I tried to join a guild for raiding but it just doesn't work for me. Too many stupid people.

Quote Originally Posted by Turismon View Post
    This is what I'm striving for...... can't get enough for Mythic thou, good players tend to get butthurt if you have to bench them, and you can't roll with just 20 cause people miss for various reasons when you are trying to rely on 20 to show up for raid nights all the time just doesn't happen.

My new idea is try to find other people in other Heroic only guilds with players that want to do mythic on an off night to be my "Bench" not sure how that's going to work but by god I'll try.
    We have about 24 players now. People will have to get benched, most are okay with it. Just have to balance it out, if jim bob and henry got sat out once each on ToV nights #1, they better not have needed gear when another player didn't and #2 they won't be sat again for a week or two.

People get less salty that way.

Harder on prog nights, when you spend a whole night on a boss, do you swap out the lowest performing player for someone on the bench? what if it isn't an issue? how long will it take the new person to learn the fight? jeesh not fun stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Main guild raids 4 hours x2 nights, idk what that would be considered.
    Alts are in personal/bank guilds.
    Can't really decide if a guild is casual/semi-hardcore/hardcore with just the time you raid. You need to know prog for that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Heroic mode only, 1 day a week. 7/7h 3/3h.

Though, we're all ex heroic (when heroic was the only hard mode) raiders from past expansions, so we're pretty organized for the one night we do raid.

Marked us off as casual, but I don't even know what casual means.

Hardcore : Guilds that try to be in the top ranks specially when new content is released, raid almost every day when it comes to progression etc.
    Semi-Hardcore: Guilds that raid a few night per week, giving more room for failure but want to clear the content before the next one is released, there is no rush tho.
    Casual: Guilds that are raiding a few nights, trying to clear normal and heroic current content, giving room for failure, usually there is no rush, attendance and raidsize and setup don't matter much.

I think the other options are obvious.