Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Bonus artifact trait

Does the 35th+ points in the artifact weapon work in instanced pvp?

No it does not.

Someone asked a dev this question on twitter and that was the reply.

Deleted
    Wouldn't surprise one bit if it would still work in pvp, though.

I remember when, for a few days after a patch, enchants were working in instanced pvp. That was fun. Didn't really seem to mess things up, but they keep disabling everything fun in pvp to lessen their workload (not for the stated reason of 'balance').

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Expert View Post
    I remember when, for a few days after a patch, enchants were working in instanced pvp. That was fun. Didn't really seem to mess things up, but they keep disabling everything fun in pvp to lessen their workload (not for the stated reason of 'balance').
    Makes me wonder for far up your ass your head is to be able to just spew out statements like that as fact without any sources whatsoever. Got a nice view at least?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

@Cariboulou
    Don't know what you're crying about. Enchants are very limited since you can only put them on rings and neck. Everyone has them. They are not going to have an adverse affect on pvp...and when they were "accidentally" enabled for a few days after a recent patch pvp did not implode. The game was better when players were able to customize their characters' stats. Your response indicates that you struggle with the English language and face dire intellectual struggles. You have my pity.

@Cariboulou
    Don't know what you're crying about. Enchants are very limited since you can only put them on rings and neck. Everyone has them. They are not going to have an adverse affect on pvp...and when they were "accidentally" enabled for a few days after a recent patch pvp did not implode. The game was better when players were able to customize their characters' stats. Your response indicates that you struggle with the English language and face dire intellectual struggles. You have my pity.
    Try reading my post again and really concentrate on the bolded part in my quote. It's not too hard, I'm sure even you can do it.
    My reply was a direct reaction to your stupid statement about how you're POSITIVE that the reason Blizzard is disabing enchants and procs in arena is because of being lazy and not because they've stated several times that they have specific templates for instanced PvP without any wiggle-room for customization except higher ilvl.
    Try pulling your head out for some air once in a while.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2017-01-04 at 07:49 AM.

@Cariboulou
    I didn't enchant/gem anything in Legion so far. I'd love for enchants to have an effect though, so we could control at least hmm 2-3% of our stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    Try reading my post again and really concentrate on the bolded part in my quote. It's not too hard, I'm sure even you can do it.
    My reply was a direct reaction to your stupid statement about how you're POSITIVE that the reason Blizzard is disabing enchants and procs in arena is because of being lazy and not because they've stated several times that they have specific templates for instanced PvP without any wiggle-room for customization except higher ilvl.
    Try pulling your head out for some air once in a while.
    Nope, you're still stuck in an effort to prove your lack of basic intelligence even after responding twice. The pvp templates thing is irrelevant because the same enchants are available to all players, period. It doesn't change the "template" structure, the fact that they're trying to use a one-size-fits-all strategy forcing all players to give up any control over their stats is blizzard being lazy. Are you going for a 3rd fail in missing the points of my post? I know that two is a big number for you to deal with but try your best!

• Blizzard accidentally left enchants enabled in pvp for a short time did not break pvp.
    • Blizzard is indeed lazy in their approach to tuning the game for pvp by resorting to templates and disabling enchants as well as any other player-selectable augments.

Deleted
    Are they going to change it in the future so it does work?

Nope, you're still stuck in an effort to prove your lack of basic intelligence even after responding twice. The pvp templates thing is irrelevant because the same enchants are available to all players, period. It doesn't change the "template" structure, the fact that they're trying to use a one-size-fits-all strategy forcing all players to give up any control over their stats is blizzard being lazy. Are you going for a 3rd fail in missing the points of my post? I know that two is a big number for you to deal with but try your best!

• Blizzard accidentally left enchants enabled in pvp for a short time did not break pvp.
    • Blizzard is indeed lazy in their approach to tuning the game for pvp by resorting to templates and disabling enchants as well as any other player-selectable augments.
    You're so dense it's actually funny. You have no point besides trying to blame Blizzard for laziness because you don't agree with their design choices, so don't act like you do. You're only digging yourself deeper with your stupidity.
    I never said enchants broke pvp, I said Blizzard disabled them after they noticed the bug because they have a specific design in mind.
    You disagreeing with their design does not equal lazy approach. Enchants being available to all has no relevance seeing as they've obviously been deemed unwanted by the actual developers of the game. So what random imbecile such as yourself thinks is breaking pvp is not of anyone's concern.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself. So far your so-called points are basically "waaargh fuk blizz dey killd pvp and muh customization!!! LAZYYY!!"
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2017-01-06 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prottek View Post
    This expansion most likely not, I believe they will look how this method plays out and will consider it for the next xpac. I mean yes it is 'fun' to be able pick your stats even as little as 2% but it has almost no effect on PvP, so if it makes their job easier so that they can put time into balancing characters, I am fine with it. (I still gem my gear on my chars but that's for wpvp and wquest purely )

It starts to kill the stat template they put in place. The neck enchants would have a fairly large impact on pvp too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prottek View Post
    Why would they?
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

You're so dense it's actually funny. You have no point besides trying to blame Blizzard for laziness because you don't agree with their design choices, so don't act like you do. You're only digging yourself deeper with your stupidity.
    I never said enchants broke pvp, I said Blizzard disabled them after they noticed the bug because they have a specific design in mind.
    You disagreeing with their design does not equal lazy approach. Enchants being available to all has no relevance seeing as they've obviously been deemed unwanted by the actual developers of the game. So what random imbecile such as yourself thinks is breaking pvp is not of anyone's concern.

Now please stop embarrassing yourself. So far your so-called points are basically "waaargh fuk blizz dey killd pvp and muh customization!!! LAZYYY!!"
    I'm glad you are so confident in their ability to "balance" pvp when they've deliberately undermined it with the template system in the first place, allowing for great imbalances to persist. Pvp is "broken" and this expansion was their final admission of this fact by making rated pvp IRRELEVANT.

No, the point was that the enchants being enabled in pvp didn't adversely affect it, and could easily have been compensated for with minor tweaks to the template. Point also being that removing all player customization from pvp and dumbing the game down so turds like you can "have a chance" was a bad decision. The entire template based approach is flawed and is purely indicative of laziness on blizzard's behalf. You also don't know what they had in mind. The crap they post on forums and twitter isn't directly implemented as stated. Apparently you're mad that someone would have a problem with bringing back more complex stats and character setups because numbers confuse you.

What does the 35th point do? I can't seem to figure it out? Doesn't say anywhere. I'm a healer, the only thing i see is 0.75% stamina and 1% damage? Sounds dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It starts to kill the stat template they put in place. The neck enchants would have a fairly large impact on pvp too.
    The stat template thing was DOA. You're talking like pvp is in this great state now, better than it ever was, thanks to the template system...yet it's not. PVP is arguably in one of the worst states that it has ever been.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    What does the 35th point do? I can't seem to figure it out? Doesn't say anywhere. I'm a healer, the only thing i see is 0.75% stamina and 1% damage? Sounds dumb.
    Once you max out your artifact, a new node appears that gives you a flat % boost to damage or healing depending on your spec. The first point is +5%, then each point after is +0.5%.

I'm glad you are so confident in their ability to "balance" pvp when they've deliberately undermined it with the template system in the first place, allowing for great imbalances to persist. Pvp is "broken" and this expansion was their final admission of this fact by making rated pvp IRRELEVANT.

No, the point was that the enchants being enabled in pvp didn't adversely affect it, and could easily have been compensated for with minor tweaks to the template. Point also being that removing all player customization from pvp and dumbing the game down so turds like you can "have a chance" was a bad decision. The entire template based approach is flawed and is purely indicative of laziness on blizzard's behalf. You also don't know what they had in mind. The crap they post on forums and twitter isn't directly implemented as stated. Apparently you're mad that someone would have a problem with bringing back more complex stats and character setups because numbers confuse you.
    You really have an issue with understanding English it seems. The system in place is flawed for many reasons, but templates with "equal" stats is not one of them since that merely opens up for an even playing field. Once again, your opinion =/= Blizzards opinion.

On to your boner for enchants: Why have enchants when EVERYONE is going to enchant the same thing anyway nullifying the your "customization" completely. How is not having an enchant "dumbing down the game"? Even though choosing between an intellect and strength enchant must have been some quantum physics-level shit for you it doesn't make it so for the rest of us. Bad players such as yourself always look for excuses.
    I've never claimed i know what they have in mind either, but you seem to think you've gotten your sausage fingers around some confidential dev info only you have access to considering how you know what's really going on behind Blizzard's doors.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2017-01-12 at 09:57 AM.

You really have an issue with understanding English it seems. The system in place is flawed for many reasons, but templates with "equal" stats is not one of them since that merely opens up for an even playing field. Once again, your opinion =/= Blizzards opinion.

On to your boner for enchants: Why have enchants when EVERYONE is going to enchant the same thing anyway nullifying the your "customization" completely. How is not having an enchant "dumbing down the game"? Even though choosing between an intellect and strength enchant must have been some quantum physics-level shit for you it doesn't make it so for the rest of us. Bad players such as yourself always look for excuses.
    I've never claimed i know what they have in mind either, but you seem to think you've gotten your sausage fingers around some confidential dev info only you have access to considering how you know what's really going on behind Blizzard's doors.
    Equal playing field? Why even have classes then? It's the differences that make the game fun and interesting. Having one class excel in one area while not doing as well in an other creates the basis for team play.

The template stats are a lazy stopgap to an issue that blizzard does not want to devote appropriate resources and attention to. The opinions of customers do indeed matter and it's quite obvious that pvp in legion is even more of an afterthought than it was in WoD. They make the false argument that not enough players engage in pvp to make it worthwhile as a top focus, yet by allowing pvp to basically devolve into a CC-spam and global fest, it turns many away who would otherwise consider it.

But I'm glad you finally realized the point of my original statement - that allowing enchants to be enabled did not break the game because only 3 slots can be enchanted, and the available enchants are minimal thus allowing all players to gain the same "benefit". Baby steps.

As for extended customization options for players - that used to exist and the game was a lot more fun then, except for the fact that some of the best items were difficult to get. PvP should not be treated as a completely separate game from PvE.

Equal playing field? Why even have classes then? It's the differences that make the game fun and interesting. Having one class excel in one area while not doing as well in an other creates the basis for team play.

The template stats are a lazy stopgap to an issue that blizzard does not want to devote appropriate resources and attention to. The opinions of customers do indeed matter and it's quite obvious that pvp in legion is even more of an afterthought than it was in WoD. They make the false argument that not enough players engage in pvp to make it worthwhile as a top focus, yet by allowing pvp to basically devolve into a CC-spam and global fest, it turns many away who would otherwise consider it.

But I'm glad you finally realized the point of my original statement - that allowing enchants to be enabled did not break the game because only 3 slots can be enchanted, and the available enchants are minimal thus allowing all players to gain the same "benefit". Baby steps.

As for extended customization options for players - that used to exist and the game was a lot more fun then, except for the fact that some of the best items were difficult to get. PvP should not be treated as a completely separate game from PvE.
    I'll explain it in clearer terms so that you can understand. Equal playing field among classes. So if Warrior A meets Warrior B they have the same exact stats and the winner is decided by who plays better. Never said anything about making all classes the same. That's your dumb logic acting up again, reel it in.

Allowing enchants is not needed at all seeing as there is no choice. There's a specific type of enchant that is bis. And because it's bis there is no real choice. And because there is no real choice there's no reason to have them in instanced pvp. How are you not getting this? Is the concept just THAT hard for you to understand? There is no benefit in having them because when everyone has them it ends up being the same as no one having them.

And with your last statement you're showing you have absolutely no clue about PvP. The best gear for PvP should be obtainable through PvP and not by doing something else. It should be separated, much more than now even. Getting shadowmourne in a top guild and going HAM is only fun for the one who has it. But you're one of the guys who thinks outgearing and oneshotting other players is the pinnacle of PvP so it can't be helped.
    As I've said before: You have no idea about PvP at all as you've blatantly shown and should stop typing. All you've done so far is trying to twist my words into me wanting to make all classes into clones with three exact spells like everyone else, and droned on and on about enchants like that's the most important feature of the game. Educate yourself.