Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nothing a short drive to a nearby town won't solve. Incoming black market for beverages.

10+ Year Old Account
    More money for corrupt politicians to steal. Keep feeding the machine, and lose your freedom of choice in the process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    Fatties gonna cry.
    Yeah, because only morbidly obese people drink iced tea, sports drinks, juice, and soda, as well coffee if you request sugar in it

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Yeah, because only morbidly obese people drink iced tea, sports drinks, juice, and soda
    No.
    But.
    Only people who drink that shit are obese.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    ..as well as beneficial drinks like Gatorade
    Also, Gatorade is only beneficial if you actually do some serious sport.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Good, now go drink something else.
    Americans are fat enough as it is.
    Being fat is a choice.. a choice every person should be able to make for themselves. Why is the government playing nanny a good thing? Thank lawd Im from the south though The sane part of America.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    There are other side effects like increased hunger and in some even increased sugar craving

- - - Updated - - -

lol.. Ohh noes, the poor hve to buy less shitty drink/food. Ohh the horror MUUHHHH FREEDUMZ

If your concern is the poor take a look at minimum wage and health insurance. Not their fucking soda intake.
    Any tax like this is an attack on the poor. Minimum wage and health are much bigger attacks on the poor though of vourse.

Glad to see your concern though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Ah, so it uses two sweeteners under 2 calories to claim to be calorie free due to US health and safety laws. Both of those sweeteners are rather dubious. And also 1% salt for a fucking tea drink.

I'd rather just have sugar.
    1%of the daily allowance not 1% content.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s the stuff they use in Diet/Zero etc. And it is just as bad, if not even worse than sugar. Hence diet products also getting flagged..
    No I mean what specifically are you talking about that's so bad about aspartame?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Any excuse to increase the amount that people pay through taxes, I suppose.

Where's the money going, exactly? Why isn't there a push for healthy food to be more widely available and cheaper?

Yes, people shouldn't be eating unhealthy food and drink in excess. It leads to health problems, definitely - but actually reigning in the businesses responsible for selling the products in the first place seems like a more efficient tactic overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    No I mean what specifically are you talking about that's so bad about aspartame?
    Honestly I assumed it was not great myself but really not seeing too much bad about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame

I'm sure this has nothing to do with smoking being on a major decline and therefore less revenue from the massive sin tax placed on tobacco.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Honestly I assumed it was not great myself but really not seeing too much bad about it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame
    I happen to have actually made aspartame and done a bit of toxicology research on it, so I know that it's not that bad. I want to find out if he thinks it causes cancer or not. There are definitely some negatives to using aspartame, mainly that it cheats your brain into thinking it has gotten sugar when it hasn't, and that can promote hunger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    No.
    But.
    Only people who drink that shit are obese.
    There are people with genetic and medical conditions that are obese no matter what they eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Beverage tax is fucking stupid if people want to drink a beverage let them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    In regards to the topic at hand, aspartame is bad because people think that by drinking "diet" it´s "healthy" or at least not bad for you. Aspartame does the sugar trick on the brain and in many that can actually promote hunger, thus still being a cause of obesity.

However there are many other potential side effects.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...d-to-food.aspx

Someone was asking why "diet" products would be banned. My guess is aspartame.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    There are people with genetic and medical conditions that are obese no matter what they eat.
    0.01%.. The "genetic and medical conditions" are usually BS. Sure some have it harder than others, but very very few "can´t" lose weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Beverage tax is fucking stupid if people want to drink a beverage let them.
    Then let them pay for it and also help contribute to the added health costs their soda drinking may cause others (taxes). Being selfish in modern society shouldn´t be free when so many expenses are collective.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2017-01-06 at 08:36 AM.

Mercola is an alternative "medicine" con man, trying to sell dietary suppliments on the site you linked. No thanks. I'll stick with the rigorous scientific studies over woo food scare any day of the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Wouldn't it make more sense to tax the corporations who use these very unhealthy chemicals and ingredients instead of taxing consumers? The reason they use this stuff is because it's cost effective, so make it so it's not cost effective anymore. Taxing consumers does literally nothing except punish consumers, corporations don't give a shit because they don't feel the revenue loss.

Oh wait, corporations run everything and the citizens can fuck off i forgot, this is Muricah.
    Subsidies are certainly going all the wrong places..

I mean if you are a single mother of 4 and you can chose between a broccoli or 8 vacuum packed cheeseburgers for the same price, well there is no choice really.

In regards to the topic at hand, aspartame is bad because people think that by drinking "diet" it´s "healthy" or at least not bad for you. Aspartame does the sugar trick on the brain and in many that can actually promote hunger, thus still being a cause of obesity.
    But if you drank a sugary drink it would still promote hunger then. Which means it's only better than drinking a sugary drink, because you don't get the calories from drinking a sugary drink.

7+ Year Old Account
    i think jamie oliver tried this in the UK

can imagine how well that went down, him being a bell-end and all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Mercola is an alternative "medicine" con man, trying to sell dietary suppliments on the site you linked. No thanks. I'll stick with the rigorous scientific studies over woo food scare any day of the week.
    I wasn´t aware of that, just picked the first link. I am no aspartame expert, nor claiming to be. Reports seem to vary a lot on the subject. However it does seem to account for a large portion of adverse reactions to food additives, and there seem to be a long list of possible effects.

The FDA should be a better source.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dai...emc-000199.txt.

Like I stated in a previous post, it was merely my best guess as to why "diet" and "light" products might be taxed as well..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    But if you drank a sugary drink it would still promote hunger then. Which means it's only better than drinking a sugary drink, because you don't get the calories from drinking a sugary drink.
    Wouldn´t it be better to not drink either?

Some poster previously called this a "war on the poor"... Isn´t the real war on the poor subsidizing all the unhealthy crap so they can´t afford healthier alternatives?