View Poll Results: Is this jacket worth it?

Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 44.13%
  • No

119 55.87%
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have a jacket I bought at a second hand store 4 years ago for 7 dollars. I live in new England, it can get pretty cold, and the jacket has been fine. Think about it, a seven dollar jacket works fine in the cold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    if you're gonna climb everest, or live in place where winters are really harsh (like negative 40 harsh), sure.
    I have to agree. Most jackets that are in the $100-$200 range are more than capable of keeping you warm. I live in Canada and I am outdoors a lot, even in the winter, and my jacket was about $180 and it is perfectly warm and fits nice, even if I wear a sweatshirt underneath.

Unless you are living in northern Alberta or in the Yukon and are outside a lot during winter, you should not need to spend $1000 on a jacket. If you have the money to spend and you like the design, then by all means get the jacket. If you're just looking for something that will keep you warm, spend money on a cheaper jacket and with the extra cash pick up some warm hats, gloves, scarves and face masks.

I paid 10 dollars for a one hundred dollar shirt. 20 years later the shirts color remains vibrant as the first day I got it, keeps me extremely warm during cold weather and has no holes or wear and tear at all despite wearing it every year at all times during winter. I would never in my life had bought that but after my experience with it knowing what I do now I would without question.

1,000 for a jacket, I wouldn't pay that much for one but it could be worth it.

Depends OP - are you buying it for the jacket or the price tag?
    Also - do you have enough money for food, health care and accommodation?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Thinking about getting a new jacket and I noticed a lot of people rocking Canada Goose. They claim it's really warm and comfy. However, they're quite pricey...worth it??

ofc not - it take company probably around 50-100 dollars to produce and rest is just profit margin based on naivety of stupid customers

i spent 1k on an overcoat, if its something that you'll use for a long ass time its worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for it, if you enjoy it and have the funds

In my house, but feels like I should be dressed like this to keep warm...

I mean, its up to you, I would never, I dont spend enough time out in the cold. I can certainly obtain the needed levels of warmth for quite a deal less than that. But if you have the money and deal with the biting cold a lot, proly a good idea to have a top notch coat.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Slightly.

/promises promises

Deleted
    Only if you can't afford it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ofc not - it take company probably around 50-100 dollars to produce and rest is just profit margin based on naivety of stupid customers
    I highly doubt that, these are like the best jackets you can get. I'm sure they are quite expensive to produce. But not worth the buy, unless you are going on an arctic expedition or live in a seriously cold climate.

Deleted
    Seriously , i pay 20 for a thermo- shirt and 30 for a thin warm fleece and it has the same or even better effect and you can move better in it.
    You don't need to pay much to keep yourself warm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Seriously , i pay 20 for a thermo- shirt and 30 for a thin warm fleece and it has the same or even better effect and you can move better in it.
    You don't need to pay much to keep yourself warm.
    Sounds great, unless it gets cold.

No piece of clothing is worth more than $100.

10+ Year Old Account
    $1000 for a jacket is pretty stupid, you could buy one for $100 and it'd probably be the same or better quality just a different brand. No piece of clothing is worth that much, not even close. I lived in South Dakota for most of my life where it gets to be -40 sometimes in the winter and I've never had a problem with regular $30-40 jackets/coats. Spending an extra grand isn't going to magically make you warmer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    In my house, but feels like I should be dressed like this to keep warm...
    Sounds like you should invest in a better heating-system before anything else. :P

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I highly doubt that, these are like the best jackets you can get. I'm sure they are quite expensive to produce.
    The same has been said about most luxury articles and proven wrong; not wanting to derail it... but apple rings a bell here.

OT: I wouldn't ever buy a jacket for more than 200€...
    We have cold winters here in central Europe, but my 120€ coat has served me pretty well for the last couple of years.
    Last edited by mmocda667d9fcc; 2017-01-06 at 09:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MurlocDemonHunter View Post
    You're paying 950 for the name, same deal with crapple and starfucks. I have a $150 parka jacket from LL Bean that is superb, but then again, i don't care for fur.
    Totally agree. Most clothes are expensive because of their brands.

Also if you visit foreign countries 1000$ jacket could be stolen.

I know you have to acclimate to the heat, your body will start pumping blood near to your skin so it can cool off and your body needs some time to do this, maybe to grow more blood. If you leave your AC at 70F, your body will never acclimate.

I wonder if your body undergoes changes for the cold? So if you keep your thermostat at 80F 27C your body doesn't acclimate and you'll never be warm in freezing weather.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Depends on the jacket and your disposable income. I bought a €1.000 Boss coat 3 years ago, stylish & warm and high quality materials that make sure it'll survive a few years of wear & tear.

Don't regret that purchase.