Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A fix for loading screen lag

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752528876
    /console worldPreloadNonCritical 0

Every person that has had loading screen issues since the last patch said this fixed it for them. Blizzard had changed it so everything loads before your character does. Prior to that your character loaded sooner and other things would continue to load after you were in game. Insane that they couldn't figure this out on their own since they had to have known the issue.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20752528876
    Insane that they couldn't figure this out on their own since they had to have known the issue.
    They are probably trying to fix the issue, not just shift the issue elsewhere.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks didn't really have any issues but a guild member does.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    They refused to acknowledge there actually was an issue for months, telling thousands of people "we're not getting reports about this". There's a reason people went and found their own fix to this after months of 5+ minute loading screens.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I am sure they will do something. They haven't yet, they mostly ignored it for a few months then said they couldn't figure out what was causing it. Now if you change the order and way things load from the way it always has that to me would be near the top of the list for things to check. Even more so when people were describing how loading was from the laggy players side or others being able to see the charcters target circle and pets load a minute or two prior to the player actually loading.

Deleted
    Thanks, this made a huge difference - I've been having problems with loading Dalaran

1. Launcher->Options->General->Disable browser hardware acceleration
    2. Launcher->Options->Streaming->Disable streaming
    3. In Config.WTF write this SET worldPreloadNonCritical "0"

Thanks for the tip! This really made a difference.

Still can't find a fix for getting dc'ed while alt tabbed and zoning, don't tell me to use windowed-fullscreen as i use nvidia adaptive vsync and i don' want to run @ 110 fps and hear my gpu fans over game sounds
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    Still can't find a fix for getting dc'ed while alt tabbed and zoning, don't tell me to use windowed-fullscreen as i use nvidia adaptive vsync and i don' want to run @ 110 fps and hear my gpu fans over game sounds
    Set Background FPS to something around 10 in settings advanced.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanks OP, will give it a shot. Could someone please explain exactly what that command does though? Will I lose something in return? And how would I revert this change if I used the command?

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Thanks OP, will give it a shot. Could someone please explain exactly what that command does though? Will I lose something in return? And how would I revert this change if I used the command?
    Stuff in Dalaran (other places too, but Lagaran was the issue) keeps loading after you zone in. So you might see people/mobs popping in a long time after zoning in.

Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    Stuff in Dalaran (other places too, but Lagaran was the issue) keeps loading after you zone in. So you might see people/mobs popping in a long time after zoning in.
    Oh, I see. That's not so bad, definitely better than staring at an inaccurate loading bar. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    wow someone finally figured it out. embaressing it wasnt a blue tbh.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quality post thanks for the PSA, ill let my friends know!
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat. You'll notice a difference even when WoW runs on an SSD.
    Thanks mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Grofatso View Post
    This also fixes the load screens some would get flying into an area with an active WQ in it. Totemtown and Skyhorn were prompting loading screens for a lot of people. Now the game will let things load around you instead of making sure the area is 100% loaded before you see it.

Meanwhile Blizzard themselves have no clue what to do yet some random stranger did.

Cool, thanks for the tip

10+ Year Old Account
    will try whn i get home, thx!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .