Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Artifact Knowledge Catch Up

Hey having some trouble finding answer to couple questions on the new catch up mechanic coming out in 7.1.5

Do you have to buy the item on your alt or your main? In other words which character do I need the order resources on

And any word on if it will go all the way to 20 yet or still just 15?

Thanks in advance

I have heard that you can buy 5 ranks lower than what you have.
    If your main has AK25 you can buy AK20 for your alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TeracottaMaid View Post
    Hey having some trouble finding answer to couple questions on the new catch up mechanic coming out in 7.1.5

Do you have to buy the item on your alt or your main? In other words which character do I need the order resources on

Thanks in advance
    The item is BOA (bind on account) so it doesn't matter which toon you buy it with.

You can
    buy lvl 10 if you are at lvl 15,
    buy lvl 15 if you are at lvl 20,
    buy lvl 20 if you are at lvl 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    The item is BOA (bind on account) so it doesn't matter which toon you buy it with.

You can
    buy lvl 10 if you are at lvl 15,
    buy lvl 15 if you are at lvl 20,
    buy lvl 20 if you are at lvl 25.
    Yes but if it is BoA to me that means you can only buy it on the character that you have 25 on and send to your alt. Not just have access to up to 20 on your alt and buy them for yourself

Deleted
    Yes but if it is BoA to me that means you can only buy it on the character that you have 25 on and send to your alt. Not just have access to up to 20 on your alt and buy them for yourself
    Fair point. I feel a bit embarrassed

Deleted

Thanks in advance
    You can purchase up to 15AK on a fresh alt for 500 Order Hall Resources per level making it 7500 to actually get 15AK. You can also buy the tomes on a character you're more maxed out on, to a maximum of a level 20AK tome for your alt, which would required a 25AK on the character purchasing the tome on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the levels of AK added onto your current ones or are sub 20 researches basically wasted resources now?

Wondering whether I should do any with my pally alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Are the levels of AK added onto your current ones or are sub 20 researches basically wasted resources now?

Basically wasted

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Basically wasted
    Figures, but thanks for the reply.

So is saving all those ap tokens things a good idea?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    No. They will not get higher values regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post

Definitely not. You'll still need to pay 500 per no matter what. so instead of having to buy say 12 ranks, you'll only need to buy maybe 9 or whatever. It'll depend on what you are doing with those alts. I'm for sure pushing mine, since my main still doesn't have 2 legendaries upgrade unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

They don't retro-actively go up, so no point keeping them. Only time you want to wait is if an AK rank is coming soon, get it before you do the WQ's because that's when the # will go up.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Definitely not. You'll still need to pay 500 per no matter what. so instead of having to buy say 12 ranks, you'll only need to buy maybe 9 or whatever. It'll depend on what you are doing with those alts. I'm for sure pushing mine, since my main still doesn't have 2 legendaries upgrade unlocked.
    But that's not how it works... The BOA catch up for alts is one fixed cost for levels 1-20, no matter which of those you use. It's the same cost from AK 11 to AK 20 as it is from AK 1 to AK 20. Last price I saw was 1k for 1-20.

The catch up for new players (who don't have a main with high AK) is the same cost per AK level, up to 15.

There are two different paths, and you seem to be confusing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    But that's not how it works... The BOA catch up for alts is one fixed cost for levels 1-20, no matter which of those you use. It's the same cost from AK 11 to AK 20 as it is from AK 1 to AK 20. Last price I saw was 1k for 1-20.

The catch up for new players (who don't have a main with high AK) is the same cost per AK level, up to 15.

There are two different paths, and you seem to be confusing them.
    Well, if THAT is the case... i'll likely not use a token after this current one. That is a dumb as hell "fix" for a meh issue. At least 500 per would make it something you'd have to work towards. 1K for all makes it essentially free. That's really dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if THAT is the case... i'll likely not use a token after this current one. That is a dumb as hell "fix" for a meh issue. At least 500 per would make it something you'd have to work towards. 1K for all makes it essentially free. That's really dumb.
    It should be free and account wide to begin with tbh. This is close enough for me and good enough.

Not everything needs to be a headache just for the sake being so. That mentality has always pissed me off, especially in MMOs.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't save tokens you already looted, however, quests that give AP, or broken isles treasure chests scale when not turned in/looted yet.

Suramar exalted quest for example awards 2500 AP at AK 0 but at AK20 thats already 227.500 and at AK25 625.000

Alts will get a few million AP from quests and treasures at AK 25 alone.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-06 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    It should be free and account wide to begin with tbh. This is close enough for me and good enough.

Not everything needs to be a headache just for the sake being so. That mentality has always pissed me off, especially in MMOs.
    Why do you want everything for free? You want the raid boss to be like "wow, you all gathered together in unity against me... crap, I must be bad... i'll stop, i surrender. Here, I have a chest of stuff that you might like and some. If you are bored, I have a fleet of dragons in the back, you can each have one for your traveling pleasure."

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post

My main sits at nearly 200k order resources, can hardly spend them on anything useful, at most 7000 for loot coins and then at most a few 1000 more for order hall mission/recruiting per week. They come fast with a +100 order resource follower item or class hall trait.

And even then there's blood of sargeras, 200 for 1.

It would be handy to have it account wide yes, also rep would too, but I think blizz clearly thinks it takes too much "playtime content" away.

It's similar to why the 7.0 transmog UI only saves when playing on the right armor class, so you can't just farm all drops on all chars and get it 10x as fast.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-06 at 04:25 PM.

Why do you want everything for free? You want the raid boss to be like "wow, you all gathered together in unity against me... crap, I must be bad... i'll stop, i surrender. Here, I have a chest of stuff that you might like and some. If you are bored, I have a fleet of dragons in the back, you can each have one for your traveling pleasure."
    Yeah this is how the shitty feeders think and why they got world of garrisoncraft that they "hated"