Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

the grind is out of control

I wanted to enjoy raiding this expansion , i really like raiding but i feel the grind thats required is way too much even for not hardcore guilds , i just realized that you can even grind up to 54! artifact traits and i though it capped on 35 , the amount of gold spent on consumables is way too much for 3 days raiding , i admit i cant keep up at this point , for someone with many other activities , lfr is really the only way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I wanted to enjoy raiding this expansion , i really like raiding but i feel the grind thats required is way too much even for not hardcore guilds , i just realized that you can even grind up to 54! artifact traits and i though it capped on 35 , the amount of gold spent on consumables is way too much for 3 days raiding , i admit i cant keep up at this point , for someone with many other activities , lfr is really the only way.
    The only one making your self grind is you.
    Stop trying to make your problem seem like it actually affects normal people.

I actually feel like it's less of a grind with this expansion than others. Enchants, reps etc a ton easier than previous.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

you realize that 54 artifact level was originally meant to last you till the end of the expansion, you're not supposed to need to or rely on maxing it out when your research level is so low.. that's why it feels like a grind. You don't have to do it all you know, it's designed so that it's not necessary to do it all, you don't have to max out your artifact level to do raids or raid content.

I feel a "patience young one " coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    The only one making your self grind is you.
    Stop trying to make your problem seem like it actually affects normal people.
    Seriously just play. Every single MMO ever made has grinds, some much more worse than this one. I've done nothing but LFR and kept up with my emissary since the start of December, and I'm just one point shy of 35 on all of my weapons. It's not even that hard of grind tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Seriously just play. Every single MMO ever made has grinds, some much more worse than this one. I've done nothing but LFR and kept up with my emissary since the start of December, and I'm just one point shy of 35 on all of my weapons. It's not even that hard of grind tbh.
    Not sure why you are commenting on me, maybe a misclick?
    I just play the game and I have 2 35 weapons on my main, 1 35 on my alt and 1 35 on my alt alt.
    I don't farm mythics/mythic+ and I just try to do my LFR every week with some friends and raids on my main.

Its not a grind at all, and people saying it is are just forcing them selfs to do things they don't want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just play the game and I have 2 35 weapons on my main, 1 35 on my alt and 1 35 on my alt alt.
    I don't farm mythics/mythic+ and I just try to do my LFR every week with some friends and raids on my main.

Its not a grind at all, and people saying it is are just forcing them selfs to do things they don't want to do.
    I think he quoted you because he was agreeing with you.

Yeah, it has reached silly levels in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, it has reached silly levels in Legion.
    No it hasn't.
    Your shit posting has reached new lows though which is actually quite impressing.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2017-01-06 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    you realize that 54 artifact level was originally meant to last you till the end of the expansion, you're not supposed to need to or rely on maxing it out when your research level is so low.. that's why it feels like a grind. You don't have to do it all you know, it's designed so that it's not necessary to do it all, you don't have to max out your artifact level to do raids or raid content.

Still, the extra damage sure helps for fights like Helya.
    She is clearly balanced around most players having around 40 at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    The prices of consumables have always been horrible in new/newer content. As for the artifact, 35 is a fine level to have too, there is no commands for you, as your not a hardcore raider.

As well, this 'grind' has been worse in previous content.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    OP in a nutshell: "I can't pace myself because I have no self-control. Blizzard WTF?"

15+ Year Old Account

he agreed with you ...

OT like others said, the artifact level isn't suppose to be ground out in a few months, its suppose to last the exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

Agree totally. The 'grind' really isn't much tbh. I'm pretty casual these days and I have 38 on my main and 36 on an alt without too much trying..

Thats a mistake on your perspective of how AP should work.
    Try to look at it like a persistent goal, something to improve a little forever. When the expac started 35 points looked like a distant future. Now I bet a lot of people here have as much, if not more. I'm not a hardcore in any way (I'm actually procrastinating my daily emissaries for some time now) and I have a weapon on 35, another close and the third one has 3 goldens too.
    Just do what you want to, as much as you want to. AP will go up naturally and until the end of the expac you will have it capped.

As for gold...3 raiding days is what, 6 flasks and around 30+ pots and foods? That can be quite expensive, indeed. But maybe you can be a little more conservative with your money. Potion of Prolonged power is a cheap alternative to more expensive potions that you can use on bosses that are already on farm. Do some duns on your off time, get some blood of sargeras, buy herbs and give them to your guild's alchemyst. That's free flasks. If you're not a cook, you could farm the mats for a guild cook, altough food is fairly cheap. Remeber to do all of the gold missions, too. I do about 4 of them a week, which is between 5 and 10k gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not after the nerfs and maybe on Mythic only, which isn't applicable to a lot of people. I play in a relatively casual heroic only guild and we killed Helya HC with most people between 29 and 35 points in.

Quote Originally Posted by TipTopPoet View Post
    Not after the nerfs and maybe on Mythic, which isn't applicable to a lot of people. I play in a relatively casual heroic only guild and we killed Helya HC with most people between 29 and 35 points in.
    I mean, mythic of course.
    Normal and HC is just turist mode imo.

Deleted
    So? Not every guild is supposed to kill the last boss on the highest difficulty.
    Thats why we have 4 difficulties so that everyone can kill it at the level they are playing.

That being said, If I focused more on my main instead of fucking around on alts id be at 40 easy and I am in a 2 day a week heroic guild.

Stop being salty and just go away.

You're joking, right?

If you have 25AK (if you started playing at launch you should have it), getting 35levels is a joke, takes few hours to get. The other 20levels is a bit of a grind, but what else are you gonna do? Just play the 3 nights of raiding and then log off? That was the reason that WoD reached an all time low in subscriptions.