Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nighthold Destruction Tier 2Set Update

Item - Warlock T19 Destruction 2P Bonus: Casting Chaos Bolt reduces the cast time of your next Chaos Bolt by 40% for 4 seconds, up from 30%.
    thoughts? I think it's a pretty nice buff, 10% is pretty huge and further reinforces switching away from backdraft into roaring blaze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhead View Post
    thoughts? I think it's a pretty nice buff, 10% is pretty huge and further reinforces switching away from backdraft into roaring blaze.
    This is still only for the 2nd CB. You will have to cast the first one at normal time. Without Reverse Entropy, you will already permanently feel like you accidentally cast curse of toungs on yourself. Personally, I will at least keep RE & BD until I have the set. Afterwards, I'm still strongly considering BD, but probably switch away from RE towards ELT or Eradication.

This assumes that you have the shards to spend.

I recently switched from Soul Conduit to Wreak Havoc full time now. I hadn't known for so long that having Havoc on a ST is a DPS increase. Just a misunderstanding with the Havoc mechanic. Before it seemed like I was wasting shards cause I would get capped in the middle of a cast. Since changing this talent, my shards do generate at a slower pace, but I'm more confident now that I'm not wasting any due to cap.

Of course the appropriate legendaries are required for this setup.

you're not going to want to CB with both backdraft and the set bonus up. because Backdraft is now 2 charges, it will be something like conflag --> CB --> incin --> CB.

This is all assuming the GCD 1 sec minimum is still in place. Their was a report that yesterday on PTR it was not. Assuming that's a bug until further notice as that would be a massive unannounced change

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greuvee View Post
    I hadn't known for so long that having Havoc on a ST is a DPS increase.
    What? Am I missing sth? I'm 100% sure it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    What? Am I missing sth? I'm 100% sure it isn't.
    I think he's talking about the cloak??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I think he's talking about the cloak??
    I hope so ^^ but even the cloak has been simmed to not be worth the GCD, even without Soul Conduit. Feel free to correct me tho.

Quote Originally Posted by vholu View Post
    I hope so ^^ but even the cloak has been simmed to not be worth the GCD, even without Soul Conduit. Feel free to correct me tho.
    I have no idea and I'm actually curious as well, hmm..

Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    you're not going to want to CB with both backdraft and the set bonus up. because Backdraft is now 2 charges, it will be something like conflag --> CB --> incin --> CB.

This is all assuming the GCD 1 sec minimum is still in place. Their was a report that yesterday on PTR it was not. Assuming that's a bug until further notice as that would be a massive unannounced change
    IIRC minimum GCD was changed to .75 in legion. Don't quote me there tho.

All I can tell you from the PTR is there is no pause at 1 second even though I only have 22% haste, even at .86 seconds there still is no pause. I had to get the cast time all the way down to .6 to start to see a tiny pause, I'm not sure if they did something to destro's GCD because at .6 second cast I should have enough time for my char to go completely idle before the next cast. It should be really apparent.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    I have no idea and I'm actually curious as well, hmm..
    Wreak Havoc + the cloak vs Soul conduit sims as roughly 1% worse on Patchwerk. With actual fights requiring movement and Wreak Havoc benefiting from having an extra instant cast, difference is negligible.

But no, strictly speaking the havoc cloak does not provide a ST increase in a situation where you would otherwise use Soul Conduit

Wreak Havoc + the cloak vs Soul conduit sims as roughly 1% worse on Patchwerk. With actual fights requiring movement and Wreak Havoc benefiting from having an extra instant cast, difference is negligible.

But no, strictly speaking the havoc cloak does not provide a ST increase in a situation where you would otherwise use Soul Conduit
    Unless you have the belt. Then Havoc + extra shards is the way to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDude View Post
    Unless you have the belt. Then Havoc + extra shards is the way to roll.
    No, I don't believe that's true. What data do you have that supports that?

No, I don't believe that's true. What data do you have that supports that?
    Logic. Odr + Belt + wreak Havoc should out sim soul conduit. Ill try it out when I get home from work.

(In game its super easy to toss up a fresh havoc on your target when youre moving)
    Last edited by TravelDude; 2017-01-06 at 08:58 PM.

Logic. Odr + Belt + wreak Havoc should out sim soul conduit. Ill try it out when I get home from work.

(In game its super easy to toss up a fresh havoc on your target when youre moving)
    So all these guys who have the shawl and belt are doing it wrong?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Destruction

This exactly

- - - Updated - - -

While I can only speak for myself, last night I tried it out. I did notice a significant increase in DPS though. I haven't been using spell timers before, but having a debuff timer really helps me keep the uptime. Also, having another instant for movement is pretty sweet.

So all these guys who have the shawl and belt are doing it wrong?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Destruction
    Well. I hit 98% percentile with Wreak Havoc, Belt and Cloak. No reason for me to switch. How about this:

Lets look at ST fights: (the cleave fights you obviously spec Wreak havoc)
    Nyth: You get rot, move at last possible min. Apply havoc right as rot drops.
    Bear: Havoc on pull. Havoc when moving
    Spider: Havoc when moving

Guarm: Havoc when he runs

I think that once somebodys says: Soul conduit is 2% better than Wreak Havoc and Odyr, people take this as an always situation. I still think Wreak Havoc is better if you have the Feretory of Souls + Shawl. Im not wasting a GCD when moving, I mean maybe a portal or conflag.

Plus from a simple quality of life perspective. Lets say Soul Conduit is 2% better than a Wreak Havoc'd warlock with Odyr. Im ok with losing that damage during the fight in order to gain simplicity. My brain is wired to cast a Havoc on pull. Then go nuts. Now add the belt + movement and tell me the 2% doesnt vanish completely.
    Last edited by TravelDude; 2017-01-06 at 11:30 PM.

Well. I hit 98% percentile with Wreak Havoc, Belt and Cloak. No reason for me to switch. How about this:

Lets look at ST fights: (the cleave fights you obviously spec Wreak havoc)
    Nyth: You get rot, move at last possible min. Apply havoc right as rot drops.
    Bear: Havoc on pull. Havoc when moving
    Spider: Havoc when moving

Guarm: Havoc when he runs

I think that once somebodys says: Soul conduit is 2% better than Wreak Havoc and Odyr, people take this as an always situation. I still think Wreak Havoc is better if you have the Feretory of Souls + Shawl. Im not wasting a GCD when moving, I mean maybe a portal or conflag.

Plus from a simple quality of life perspective. Lets say Soul Conduit is 2% better than a Wreak Havoc'd warlock with Odyr. Im ok with losing that damage during the fight in order to gain simplicity. My brain is wired to cast a Havoc on pull. Then go nuts. Now add the belt + movement and tell me the 2% doesnt vanish completely.
    I think you should read the whole thread. You're just rehashing points I made before you arrived.

Oops. My apologies. Thanks for pointing that out.

Nope, completely inconsequential change. All it effectively does is allow for more filler incinerate damage, which is negligible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by madlad View Post
    Nope, completely inconsequential change. All it effectively does is allow for more filler incinerate damage, which is negligible anyway.
    This attitude is odd, what do you think BD and RE effectively do?
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.