Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParabolaNZ View Post
    Lol like WW needed more buffs ><
    Hell yea dude, WWs are strong as hell, I saw WW once in mythic + 2 and he was doing craaaazy damage, I mean why should Blizz buff them ? They are the strongest damage spec in the game lolol, can not agree more :3

/sarcasm

You're the one being sarcastic if you think WW isnt good for mythic+

Pro tip its called leg sweep and fists of fury
    Try reading his post since he said nothing of the sort.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Deleted
    Will WW monk get nerfed hard for pvp? or get a buff?

Deleted
    You're the one being sarcastic if you think WW isnt good for mythic+

Pro tip its called leg sweep and fists of fury
    How can you not get the point ?

doesnt matter, biting the bullet and rerolling rogue, in the event of some unforseen miracle my monk will be there waiting, but for now i'd rather have a choice between 3 dps specs rather than be doomed when WW is crap. Fun to me is being competitive. If i can play my best and not be competitive i'm not having fun. And thats just the sad truth of where this game is right now.
    Last edited by Vishiz; 2017-01-01 at 04:42 PM.

Thank you Blizzard for finally listening.

Quote Originally Posted by BellicoseAxe View Post
    I wish they fixed our scaling and artifact traits instead of sef though...
    It would be a nightmare when 7.2 drops, having to invest even more AP into the dumb traits

Quote Originally Posted by BellicoseAxe View Post
    Not sure what you're thanking Blizzard for when they haven't done anything? Unless they've put something through that I'm not seeing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mkultra55 View Post
    I don't understand this. The Hit Combo playstyle is just play how we always do because of our Mastery. If you take Xuen you'll play pretty much the same way with the same level of concentration you like.
    Except without hit style you could for example Tiger Palm twice and you'd only lose damage off of Tiger Palm, with Hit combo if you do that you also lose damage on your next 7 or 8 abilities even if you play it right for the mastery part

Deleted
    I don't understand this. The Hit Combo playstyle is just play how we always do because of our Mastery. If you take Xuen you'll play pretty much the same way with the same level of concentration you like.
    No, there is a very big difference.
    Mastery aplies a buff per ability, just one, so if you chain two TP for example instead of using BOK, it is a small loss.
    Hit combo reaches 8 stacks that give 16% increased damage, if you chain two TPs, the stacks are gone and you have to regain them, so you are gonna have losses which are very important, and affecting all your attacks, while with mastery, FOF or SOTWL for example will always be buffed, because you can not chain those abilities twice in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    No, there is a very big difference.
    Mastery aplies a buff per ability, just one, so if you chain two TP for example instead of using BOK, it is a small loss.
    Hit combo reaches 8 stacks that give 16% increased damage, if you chain two TPs, the stacks are gone and you have to regain them, so you are gonna have losses which are very important, and affecting all your attacks, while with mastery, FOF or SOTWL for example will always be buffed, because you can not chain those abilities twice in a row.
    LOL two posters in a row that didn't bother to read the post I was responding to. I know WHY Hit Combo is different than our Mastery thank you very much.

The poster I was responding to was lamenting the possibility of Xuen being the go to talent for 7.1.5. because Hit Combo makes him focus more which I questioned. That's it. Worrying about hitting TP twice in a row isn't engaging to me, it's mindless and not something to make or break my play.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2017-01-04 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    LOL two posters in a row that didn't bother to read the post I was responding to.
    I did bother reading your post, you said removing hit combo would not affect our playstyle, because we would play the same way because of mastery, that is simply not true, i would play differently, and i guess most monks would.
    Reread the part of your post i quoted.

The more I think about it, I'm actually in favour of keeping Hit Combo in the talent row and not making it baseline. There are times that I would love to spam TP for SCK burst or if I just really need combo points at a given moment. I like the idea of choosing times to do this with xuen and to also have Hit Combo for a Nythendra type fight.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishiz View Post
    Fun to me is being competitive. If i can play my best and not be competitive i'm not having fun. And thats just the sad truth of where this game is right now.
    That's why there is warcraftlogs and parsing. If you're competitive in the 95%+ bracket of WW, you will be doing just fine raid damage. The world second Helya kill had a WW in it. The spec has it's uses and really hasn't had a chance to shine mainly due to the fact that there aren't many sustained cleave fights.

If being competitive to you is being #1 on the overall meter you're going to waste a lot of time trying to figure out what the next FOTM class is going to be.

you can turn what I said which ever way you want. And make it out to mean whatever you think it means. And assume all you want to assume about me. But in the end you're defending a class that will soon have even less players because fights like Helya are few and far between and those are the ONLY fights you are useful on. But you cant tell me I'm FOTM for switching to a rogue that I have 531 days /played time on. If I was a Fotm player I'd polly be a spriest right now wouldn't I?

The difference is, a rogue can be competitive on a single target AND on a multi target fight.

I'm not a 95% player, I've got sephuz and drinking horn which are both almost worthless in raids at the moment. There is no competing in that bracket for me. And I don't have the time to sit here and farm for 2-4 more legendaries before I get the ones that I need. So i'm going to play a class that I can be competitive in the group that I enjoy playing with and not give a shit about rankings because we all know without the right legendaries you aren't getting very far anyway in todays rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post
    That's why there is warcraftlogs and parsing. If you're competitive in the 95%+ bracket of WW, you will be doing just fine raid damage. The world second Helya kill had a WW in it. The spec has it's uses and really hasn't had a chance to shine mainly due to the fact that there aren't many sustained cleave fights.

If being competitive to you is being #1 on the overall meter you're going to waste a lot of time trying to figure out what the next FOTM class is going to be.
    But monks are just doing okish damage even if we're in 95%+ and that's the problem
    I gave up my monk a while back but I had tons of 98 & 99% on H EN, the dps is not remotely close to other classes

Quote Originally Posted by Sedativ View Post

Is it competitive when someone who is 20-30 percentile lower within their class is beating you on damage? Doesn't feel great when I sort by damage done and people with lower colored percentiles are ahead of me, but I live in a guild where a lot of people get green percentiles and some get greys so we're probably talking different levels of commitment. As a purple sometimes orange or blue player in said tier of guild I was far and away #1 on every fight early in the tier and as we get higher and higher ilvl my percentiles are the same but I'm farther and farther down the damage list.

The 4 piece that just adds 2,000 mastery sounds like the most boring laziest 4 piece ever. I hope the raid after Nighthold has something more creative.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Patch releasing in 4 days and there has been no mention of SEF changes/fixes? Disappointing to say the least. Assuming the 880 Simcraft is accurate, Windwalker is currently the 3rd worst single target spec in the game for patch 7.1.5

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celede View Post
    Patch releasing in 4 days and there has been no mention of SEF changes/fixes? Disappointing to say the least. Assuming the 880 Simcraft is accurate, Windwalker is currently the 3rd worst single target spec in the game for patch 7.1.5
    They tend to release changes to PTR that they need tested. If they were unable to fix SEF and are simply buffing its damage, they might not need player testing for that, as they might know how much they're increasing it. We'll find out on Tuesday.