Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do Magi really need teleport since portals no longer cost reagents?

I havent played mage in a long time but whenever I log on to my old main to run some old content I realize that having both portals and Teleport seems like n extra ability, It used to make sense to have portal and teleport separate because portals had a reagent cost.

Shouldn't blizzard do what they did with conjure table / food and make it so if you're alone you still teleport but if you are in a group of 2 or more you cast a portal? (that way you can still sell portals)

and also I realize that this is the internet and I will probably have people flame me so before it gets to that point I just want to say Yes, I know that if dont want to use it I can just remove it from my bars.

It saves like half a second of time by not having to click the portal.

This is important.

Deleted
    Omg no one plus spell in the spell book :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Titanie View Post
    Omg no one plus spell in the spell book :'(
    I realize this is not a big deal, just unsure why blizzard implemented the change to food / table yet left this alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ponies View Post
    I havent played mage in a long time but whenever I log on to my old main to run some old content I realize that having both portals and Teleport seems like n extra ability, It used to make sense to have portal and teleport separate because portals had a reagent cost.

Shouldn't blizzard do what they did with conjure table / food and make it so if you're alone you still teleport but if you are in a group of 2 or more you cast a portal? (that way you can still sell portals)

and also I realize that this is the internet and I will probably have people flame me so before it gets to that point I just want to say Yes, I know that if dont want to use it I can just remove it from my bars.
    yes, i agree with this
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Deleted
    Maybe because if you want to go to an "exotic" place like Stonard or anywhere else uncommon, the group/raid intuitively clicks on the portal thinking it was Dalaran, trouble is sure to follow.
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2017-01-02 at 09:14 AM.

Deleted
    Teleport and portals helps the mage (and people in the group) to get anywhere faster from anywhere. Helps while questing and doing older content. Lets say you went to vally of the four winds and finishes whatever you were doing- now you need to get back to Darnassus - make a portal and you are there. Then you forgot that you have to do something in stormwind- no problem you teleport there.
    It saves a little bit of time, but frequently which adds up.
    It is also very helpful during pilgrims bounty where you eat food etc in all towns. It also allows the mage to set their HS somewhere else , like in a zone far away from anywhere they can portal to.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Teleport and portals helps the mage (and people in the group) to get anywhere faster from anywhere. Helps while questing and doing older content. Lets say you went to vally of the four winds and finishes whatever you were doing- now you need to get back to Darnassus - make a portal and you are there. Then you forgot that you have to do something in stormwind- no problem you teleport there.
    It saves a little bit of time, but frequently which adds up.
    It is also very helpful during pilgrims bounty where you eat food etc in all towns. It also allows the mage to set their HS somewhere else , like in a zone far away from anywhere they can portal to.
    I think you misunderstood my question friend.
    I'm not saying Magi shouldnt have teleport and portal, I'm simply wondering why teleport and portal hasnt been merged into one spell category since you no longer need reagents to open portals.

Deleted
    It is just more safe to use teleport in a group if you want to go somewhere else then the rest of the group without shouting at you that you ported them to Dalaran crater because they can't read. It is not useless spell and you would have it anyway, because why would you cast portal to your order hall when it is only for you anyway. And this way they can add some specific teleports just for us.

Portals are only good for sending people to their death at old Dal. Teleport tabbing works much better.

| Mage | Rogue |
    - Barthilas-US -

I agree, it should be based on solo or party. Just like the food. I just wish both kind of foods use the same icon. Not that its a biggie, but it would save space on my action bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmagix View Post
    Portals are only good for sending people to their death at old Dal. Teleport tabbing works much better.
    Now the tooltip says "Dalaran - Hillsbrad"
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

I always cast the portal version even if it is just for myself because I'm lazy like that and I can save one spot on my bars. So, yeah, I think having separate spells is unnecessary.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes you just want to teleport away from the rest of the raid without opening a portal and causing confusion on where the raid is supposed to be going.

they need to make the table create the same type of food that the solo conjure creates so i don't need two bar slots :|

Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    they need to make the table create the same type of food that the solo conjure creates so i don't need two bar slots :|
    This is the real issue. That shit is annoying as hell.

As for the portals - I still get people asking for portals every now and then, especially to the much less visited places. And I like using portals.

Don't touch.
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

inb4 random portal in raid bc mage forgot to buy food and now we have to summon the rug back who didnt see it and clicked by accident

I'm glad I read this. At first I thought this was going to be completely stupid.. But, considering the conjure food spell.. You're actually completely correct. I stand behind this 100%.

They should just condense it.

The only reason for teleports is singular use and it's a faster cast time opposed to portals. However, if you condensed it and just made it the same cast time, who cares??

I'm glad I read this lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waat View Post
    Just use /use macro and put both types of food in the /use macro.

explain me how you will be leaving a place, without letting the other ones to follow you????