Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Scorch on the move is fine if the damage is only somewhat lower than fireball. If scorch's damage is on the wet noodle spectrum, well, it's a crap and unrewarding spell.

I swapped to fire with the launch of legion, and have been struggling to get good dps despite tons of research. Is it even worth posting logs to the "help my dps" thread at this point, or should I just bail and swap back to arcane?

05/01 PTR change

Item - Mage T19 Fire 2P Bonus: Enhanced Pyrotechnics provides an additional 20% critical strike chance from each application.

Was 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    05/01 PTR change

Item - Mage T19 Fire 2P Bonus: Enhanced Pyrotechnics provides an additional 20% critical strike chance from each application.

Was 10%
    Well, crits only matter when you have 2 in a row so it's still pretty bad..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico3337 View Post
    Well, crits only matter when you have 2 in a row so it's still pretty bad..
    Guess what, theres a thing called fire blast. This will make it so that at 60% crit your 2nd fireball almost always crits (90%).
    Its very good for reliant proc rates and sustained damage.

Deleted
    Does anyone know if sephuz can proc with counterspell on bosses in the ptr, even if u dont interrupt smth? DKs can cast death grip on bosses to get the proc for example.

I know this isnt the right place to ask, but iv searched and couldnt find anything. If someone knows please share the info
    Last edited by mmoc21b9eae572; 2017-01-06 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Just tested it on ptr.
    On class order hall boss dummy, dragon's breath, frostnova, Counterspelkl wont trigger sephuz on it.
    Guess it shouldnt trigger with deathgrip either, or it needs to be with DB and frostnova, but that would result in all mages being in Melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Loekes View Post
    Meteor is an instant spell, and if anything kindling is hurt more by you having to move during fireball casts.
    Yea I know meteor is an instant spell but that's just that spell. In general we don't just sit there a whole boss fight and never move and movement affects other parts of the rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    Just tested it on ptr.
    On class order hall boss dummy, dragon's breath, frostnova, Counterspelkl wont trigger sephuz on it.
    Guess it shouldnt trigger with deathgrip either, or it needs to be with DB and frostnova, but that would result in all mages being in Melee range.
    Thanks a lot mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 days till 7.1.5, still no news about a fix to the flamepatch abuse, come on

10+ Year Old Account
    .... What is blizzard doing with mages? I... I...

Trying to look for a method in the madness. But all I see is the madness.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Well, R.I.P. Ice Floes. I already got every crappy legendary except for Sephus, so let's hope I get the belt next so Scorch doesn't suck as much.
    Last edited by mmoc2462126d54; 2017-01-06 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    From my 'tests' on ptr (if you can call a few 5 min dummy fights a test) meteor, mirror image and flame on resulted in the highest dps.

I was using helm and belt (though I wasn't in execute range). Which brings me to the next inquiry: How should we use belt in execute?

What I'm doing is trying not to cast 2 scorches in a sequence. I'll elaborate: I cast one scorch and during that scorch I blast and pyro right after it. If the pyro crits, I scorch again and pyro right after it. If it doesn't crit, I scorch and blast and pyro right after that. Thus, never needing to cast more than one scorch before I pyro.
    id love to see this proof in action. right now i have done some test dummy stuff and rop is still op.. theres no way to see the dmg mirror brings from recount how can u tell whats better?? id love to remove rop from my tool bar and never look back...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by genzic8787 View Post
    id love to see this proof in action. right now i have done some test dummy stuff and rop is still op.. theres no way to see the dmg mirror brings from recount how can u tell whats better?? id love to remove rop from my tool bar and never look back...
    Skada works just fine. Remove recount, download skada and test it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mascarpwn View Post
    Skada works just fine. Remove recount, download skada and test it yourself.
    Replace skada with details and have even more information

10+ Year Old Account
    Well here come three days of Flamestrike on ST before they hotfix nerf Flame Patch into uselessness again.

Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Seconded. Details is seriously an amazing meter that blows Skada out of the water.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Oh, thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanariya View Post
    Well here come three days of Flamestrike on ST before they hotfix nerf Flame Patch into uselessness again.

Seconded. Details is seriously an amazing meter that blows Skada out of the water.
    I bet you 1g bliz nerf flamestrikebinto the ground and no other changes to compensate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    I bet you 1g bliz nerf flamestrikebinto the ground and no other changes to compensate.
    They will probably just revert it. Like they did in the past.

they should just nerf flamestrike a tad and buff pyroblast a tad