Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jan. 5th patch notes - t19 2pc nerf

Warrior T19 Arms 2P Bonus: Increases duration of Battle Cry by 2 seconds, down from 3 seconds.

Do devs consider that warriors have 1,5 sec. GCD i wonder.

Excuse my Haste>GCD ignorance. But wouldn't enough haste yield 5 GCDs inside a 7 second battlecry anyway?

Not even surprised they didn't take a look at the atrocious 4p bonus

and they swapped 2pc and 4pc....

wonder if it wouldnt be even better to avoid the bonus completely in favor of full mastery pieces now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezyah View Post
    and they swapped 2pc and 4pc....

wonder if it wouldnt be even better to avoid the bonus completely in favor of full mastery pieces now ?
    did they swap 2p and 4p ? O_o
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

front page, seems so

Deleted
    Was needed. Both bonuses combined are still among the top bonuses provided by tier sets.
    Also the 4pc needs to be somewhat useful, hence the swap was the right move.

Deleted
    Except that the 4p now should realistically be miles better than what it it to justify the mastery drop.
    Or the Arms' reliance on mastery is about to drastically change. Either way seems like an easy way out rather than a proper fix.

Quote Originally Posted by burk23 View Post
    Was needed. Both bonuses combined are still among the top bonuses provided by tier sets.
    Also the 4pc needs to be somewhat useful, hence the swap was the right move.
    I'm sure a lot of us were planning to only use the 2 pc and keep pieces that favored high mastery instead of the 4 pc bonus. They probably realized this and rationalized this was the best way for us to wear a 4 pc. Everyone wants the extended battle cry

Quote Originally Posted by MattEffect View Post
    I'm sure a lot of us were planning to only use the 2 pc and keep pieces that favored high mastery instead of the 4 pc bonus. They probably realized this and rationalized this was the best way for us to wear a 4 pc. Everyone wants the extended battle cry
    I'm not sure that after the nerf to 2 second is worth dropping mastery completely on at least 3 major armor pieces.

I'm not sure that after the nerf to 2 second is worth dropping mastery completely on at least 3 major armor pieces.
    There's mastery on both the gloves, head and shoulders now, so it's not too bad (even if it's just the shoulders that could be considered anywhere near good statwise) I'd assume we'd couple that with the back with haste/versa, small stat budget and all, still stings thinking of dropping some of those perfectily itemized items I have in those slots : /

Was really hoping we wouldn't have to go for 4-set, but knew it prolly wouldn't last.

To look at numbers, quick estimates on GCD's within Battle Cry.

0x T19= 4GCDs, 5 GCDs = 20%+ Haste
    T19 (old) = 6 GCDs, 7 GCDs = 15%+ Haste, 8 GCD's = 32% + Haste
    T19 (new) = 5 GCDs, 6 GCDs = 10%+ Haste, 7 GCDs = 30%+ Haste

So realistically speaking we are losing 1 GCD compared to old T19, we are gaining 1-2 GCD's compared to no set bonus. In every case Corrupted Blood is still only 5 seconds so the 20% + breakpoint still exists for that purpose.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

So realistically speaking we are losing 1 GCD compared to old T19, we are gaining 1-2 GCD's compared to no set bonus. In every case Corrupted Blood is still only 5 seconds so the 20% + breakpoint still exists for that purpose.
    Realistically, and with current stat prio in mind, no one is going to bother aiming for 30%+ Haste, since losing so much mastery would be detrimental to gain a single GCD during BC, right?
    So the 2pc effectively becomes an extra GCD, as opposed to two. Seems like a huge nerf, especially considering we now must lose even more mastery to access it, since we need 4 pieces. Sounds to me like Blizzard overnerfed it, should've just swapped the effects and leave it at that.

We must have the 4 piece =( Even after the nerf its still a 7-8% increase in damage. We'll definitely have to check our relics now, maybe Precise Strikes will be the unquestioned best relic since we are forced into a 2 piece.
    Last edited by MattEffect; 2017-01-06 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Misread your post

Quote Originally Posted by Skazord View Post
    Realistically, and with current stat prio in mind, no one is going to bother aiming for 30%+ Haste, since losing so much mastery would be detrimental to gain a single GCD during BC, right?
    So the 2pc effectively becomes an extra GCD, as opposed to two. Seems like a huge nerf, especially considering we now must lose even more mastery to access it, since we need 4 pieces. Sounds to me like Blizzard overnerfed it, should've just swapped the effects and leave it at that.
    Na 30% is probably not gonna happen and isn't worth considering, I just listed it for theoretical purposes because it is technically achievable right now. The reality is from a generic view we aren't gonna care about Haste breakpoints anymore since 10% is extremely easy to make. From a more min-max point of view we will still care about the 22% if we're close to it, but it's much less relevant than it is now.

The nerf to the set bonus is quite hefty, given that it's now the 4 set bonus and the stat distribution on the gear is poor.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

In every case Corrupted Blood is still only 5 seconds so the 20% + breakpoint still exists for that purpose.
    I hope that this is an oversight and they give us Corrupted Blood on all 7 seconds =(

10+ Year Old Account

is this within 100ms latency?

Deleted
    Na 30% is probably not gonna happen and isn't worth considering, I just listed it for theoretical purposes because it is technically achievable right now. The reality is from a generic view we aren't gonna care about Haste breakpoints anymore since 10% is extremely easy to make. From a more min-max point of view we will still care about the 22% if we're close to it, but it's much less relevant than it is now.

The nerf to the set bonus is quite hefty, given that it's now the 4 set bonus and the stat distribution on the gear is poor.
    That set bonus alone simmed to be a 12.7% dps increase. Others have 7 to 9% with BOTH combined.

That set bonus is very strong. The other problem (mastery being way too important) is a seperate problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    That set bonus alone simmed to be a 12.7% dps increase. Others have 7 to 9% with BOTH combined.

That set bonus is very strong. The other problem (mastery being way too important) is a seperate problem.
    You're ignoring the fact that it was a 12.7% increase if you had 3 seconds, which equated to 2 GCDs, but with the nerf to 2 seconds, it equates to 1 GCD, regardless of Haste, unless you have an abnormal haste value (to the point where it wouldn't even be beneficial to begin with).

So that 12.7% easily becomes 6.3% because the juicy part we would get out of those extra seconds, basically got cut in half. One has to wonder, with these new informations, if it's even worth it losing so much Mastery for an extra GCD of BC. Because even if the set gives you 6.3% increase, the mastery loss could potentially equate to more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    There's mastery on both the gloves, head and shoulders now, so it's not too bad
    Well but the set still has more crit as a whole than any stat but haste - I think that's the worst possible outcome there.
    Not sure if the gloves are really that bad after the nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Don't really think those numbers matter. Set bonuses often had wildly different value for certain specs yet what's important is the end result. Not even mentioning how much credibility simcraft still has left and how useful it is.