So who cares what they think
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Mad? I'm not mad at all. I'm more bemused at how stupid the OP was with how ignorant they also were.

Kudos for adding literally nothing to the thread.
    But, you would agree its worthy of a hate crime investigation I hope? At least Obama was showing some consistency with his condemnation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Cnn has gone to hell.
    So who cares what they think
    Well, you do. You posted in this thread.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civi...ts/hate-crimes

A hate crime is a traditional offense like murder, arson, or vandalism with an added element of bias. For the purposes of collecting statistics, the FBI has defined a hate crime as a “criminal offense against a person or property motivated in whole or in part by an offender’s bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender, or gender identity.”
    I'm pretty confident the online video alone is enough to convict on those grounds. I know it would be if the victim were black and the perpetrators were white. I think the police force in general is more even handed with these kinds of charges than the general public though, and certainly libtards.

Oh, and if the races were reversed and they had some pundit on the show saying, "We don't know it's a hate crime!" that chick would be flipping her shit and calling them racist.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2017-01-06 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah, it's definitely odd - and let's not pretend as if there wouldn't be a huge backlash if someone had laughed around the same time that a video of a gay or black guy being tortured played. Hate crimes against men, straight people and Caucasians have been downplayed for quite some time and they've been on the rise in recent years. Of course, this doesn't fit the 'mainstream narrative' and so it isn't often addressed or acknowledged to the same extent as it is when the shoe is on the other foot.

It's scary, scary stuff. Any hate crime is terrible and inexcusable and yet time and time again we're seeing people care more about scoring 'Left' or 'Right' points than actually acknowledging them as a major issue. Politics have always been divisive but in recent years it seems like they've become much more so...to the point of violence and intimidation on a level we've not really seen for a while.
    Good points.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Could you imagine what the backlash would have been if white people were kidnapping black people after Obama was elected, live feeding it to facebook and calling them nigger and saying fuck Obama?

There have been several of these incidents of violence. I don't recall anything similar after Obama was elected.

I think the response should be equitably harsh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Could you imagine what the backlash would have been if white people were kidnapping black people after Obama was elected, live feeding it to facebook and calling them nigger and saying fuck Obama?

There have been several of these incidents of violence. I don't recall anything similar after Obama was elected.

I think the response should be equitably harsh.
    There would probably have been riots if this happened. Similar riots have happened over much less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people noone cares about made comments on TV and Republicans are trying to shove it down Democrats throats like those people represent the entire left.

What else is new?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    What's your point?
    Last edited by TZucchini; 2017-01-06 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    Eat yo vegetables

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

For the motivation? Not so well.
    Why not? I think it should be fairly obvious. This is no different than if it had been a homosexual person and they go on about "fuck gays". Do you think people just say things randomly and that it isn't tied to their actions/opinions/motivation?

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Some people noone cares about made comments on TV and Republicans are trying to shove it down Democrats throats like those people represent the entire left.

What else is new?
    Welcome to the forums?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What's you're point?
    What's your point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlWarrior View Post
    What's your point?
    I haven't made any statements. I've only asked a question.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the forums?
    At least I don't have to listen to threads whining about Benghazi anymore.

But now it's all "Trump lies!" and "Trump dinnt du nuffin!" God this place is boring.

Oh and some white chick is pregnant.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

lol Clinton News Network as bad as Fox? Yep lol always.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Well, thanks for that significant piece of insight.

Yeah I saw this, was pathetic.

How can you even claim that making a white person say they hate whites while you torture them live on facebook is not a hate crime? That is just crazy. Those people should have been fired, but its the liberal media so they were probably lauded.

Personally, i think it is a double hate crime. Once for the mentally disabled part and once for the anti white.

These people should be locked up and have the key thrown away. They will never amount to anything in society. Not only that, but all their belongings should be sold and their assets seized (if they have any) to pay restitution to this man.

If any of them are minors, their parents should be charged and have to pay.

That Sanders woman is way off her rocker too. She took quadruple nitro shots of the Dem "blue kool aid." She desperately tried to blame this on Trump. What she was saying didn't even make a single bit of sense, she sounded deranged actually.

I am so disappointed that this woman worked with Bernie. I had Bernie as an honorable man, not working with trash like that. Might have to re-evaluate that for myself, since he hasn't come out renouncing her after this horrific attack.

You could really call this clip "Why most Americans despise and distrust the media." I told you in earlier threads, the Dems just aren't letting the election die. They have it on life support on a gurney and they are doubling and tripling down on bad.

A special needs child is kidnapped and tortured for hours and it is streamed live on face book and this women is trying to blame it and Trump, and she still has a job and isn't outed as the ravenous lunatic she is.

I mean who tries to use a story like this to push her political agenda? That is just totally despicable. That woman is abhorent and lemon is just a total fool, where did they even dredge these people up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there are a lot of points that could be made using these observations. Because these observations are limited in scope though, I would say that any conclusion drawn would need more supporting evidence.

That being said, this particular set of events is not consistent with the idea of systemic racism against minorities that has been pushed on several fronts over the last decade or so. That's the main conclusion I would derive from this, but again, it's an appropriately weak claim based on weak evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks for that significant piece of insight.
    A question doesn't provide insight. Do you have something you want to discuss? Something you need to get off your chest maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    That being said, this particular set of events is not consistent with the idea of systemic racism against minorities that has been pushed on several fronts over the last decade or so. That's the main conclusion I would derive from this, but again, it's an appropriately weak claim based on weak evidence.
    You're going to have to expand on this. This particular set of events (4 black individuals committing a hate crime against a white individual) is evidence against systemic racism toward minorities? The idea of systemic racism against minorities is completely separate from the actions of these individuals.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    You're going to have to expand on this. This particular set of events (4 black individuals committing a hate crime against a white individual) is evidence against systemic racism toward minorities? The idea of systemic racism against minorities is completely separate from the actions of these individuals.
    No, I didn't say that. I said that this event, paired with a lack of a similar event in the other direction, is not consistent with the idea of systemic racism. The argument is as follows:

1 - Given that this event happened, it's possible within reason for a similar even to happen in the other direction
    2 - With the hypothesis that we live in a systemically racist culture, we would expect such a racist even to occur more frequently against minorities than against the majority
    3 - This is not the case; in fact, no incidents to this degree have been reported, therefore this data is not consistent with a systemically racist culture.

That doesn't mean that we don't live in a systemically racist society. It just weakens the argument. As I said before, more evidence is needed before making a judgement here. Particularly, if we're setting out to demonstrate that society is systemically racist (because we can't prove a negative - that it's not systemically racist), we need to make a case. The above argument is a point against that case, but is not sufficient to draw strong conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, I didn't say that. I said that this event, paired with a lack of a similar event in the other direction, is not consistent with the idea of systemic racism. The argument is as follows:

1 - Given that this event happened, it's possible within reason for a similar even to happen in the other direction
    2 - With the hypothesis that we live in a systemically racist culture, we would expect such a racist even to occur more frequently against minorities than against the majority
    3 - This is not the case; in fact, no incidents to this degree have been reported, therefore this data is not consistent with a systemically racist culture.

That doesn't mean that we don't live in a systemically racist society. It just weakens the argument. As I said before, more evidence is needed before making a judgement here. Particularly, if we're setting out to demonstrate that society is systemically racist (because we can't prove a negative - that it's not systemically racist), we need to make a case. The above argument is a point against that case, but is not sufficient to draw strong conclusions.
    Well, I don't agree with the hypothesis to begin with. But I will say this.

Society could be systemically racist toward minorities, and yet there could be more hate crimes against whites. Those are not mutually exclusive. Especially given the dynamic between those two instances. I would imagine that if society was systemically racist toward minorities, albeit non-violently, that may cause minorities to act out violently in response. But this is all hypothetical, and as I said, I disagree with the premise.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    It's quite unlikely that four people came together, decided they hate white people and thus have to kidnap someone.

If the prosecution can manage to convict them of it: good for them. It will mean they get a bigger punishment and they deserve the worst the law can give them.
    But unless they had a Whatsapp group or something where they planned this I doubt they will manage to provide evidence of it being motivated as a hate crime.
    What is so unlikely about it? Are you saying that hate crimes can really only be committed by an individual? That organizing under a cause is really so difficult to do?

I'm sure it's going to be really difficult to prove that these people have animosity to white people. This isn't the 60s, technology has allowed children/people to leave their personal thoughts and feelings all over the place for the world to see, and everyone happily obliges. If these 4 are spouting these words live on facebook, there will be much more of this they've journaled throughout their facebook. They probably have a facebook event setup for that date inviting all of their friends and familes with a title "good old white boy beating".
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-01-06 at 03:57 PM.