Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rawi View Post
    They're still not shitty, neither of them, BM got buffed up a little from 3.4% and MM got toned down a bit from 17.5%. MM still has slightly better T19 bonus overall but not by a mile wide margin anymore. They're pretty balanced atm, slight advantage to MM with BiS legendaries when I was testing them out on the PTR. Also the -5% to Trick Shot pushes the SW-build up a notch.

TBH MM set needed the nerf, it was the major factor that was pushing the spec ludicrously over BM. Now when it comes down to spec, play whatever you like the most without feeling bad about it.
    your absolutely right, now both specs perform at half the value of other dps classes in the game. doing about 430k single target when there are spec in the ptr holding steady over 600k totally justifies a nerf...apparently the new hunter class fantasy is to be a carry.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-01-06 at 11:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samodin View Post
    I'll settle for 25
    Ill settle for 30

Deleted
    99% of the people here are just looking at the number with 0 knowledge of how the set bonus was actually going to pan out. 50% was WAY too big and the burst available from it was going to be pretty unreal. 15% is still a great number, you can still spam the shit out of AS.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    99% of the people here are just looking at the number with 0 knowledge of how the set bonus was actually going to pan out. 50% was WAY too big and the burst available from it was going to be pretty unreal. 15% is still a great number, you can still spam the shit out of AS.
    15% is junk, you will get one extra AiS out of the CD than without the set and considering how the new patient sniper works, its going to be one of the weaker ones...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    Its still one of the best, if not the best Protector Set Boni.

But of course there only can be SHIT or OP.
    are you drunk bro? 25% would be great number, 15% makes the mm 4set trash, its clearly over nerfed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevokcz View Post
    15% is junk, you will get one extra AiS out of the CD than without the set and considering how the new patient sniper works, its going to be one of the weaker ones...
    You're 100% forgetting how insane the 2 set bonus + Ullr's will be, I mean you're looking at an unreal uptime on Trueshot Aura! Like it's most likely going to be up about 60%+ of the time, if you had 50% reduction more than half of the fight it would be broken af, also if it was 50% reduction you would be looking at more uptime of Trueshot Aura.

Like I said 99% of the people complaining about it aren't taking into consideration the 2 set bonus or boots.

You're 100% forgetting how insane the 2 set bonus + Ullr's will be, I mean you're looking at an unreal uptime on Trueshot Aura! Like it's most likely going to be up about 60%+ of the time, if you had 50% reduction more than half of the fight it would be broken af, also if it was 50% reduction you would be looking at more uptime of Trueshot Aura.

Like I said 99% of the people complaining about it aren't taking into consideration the 2 set bonus or boots.
    Not everyone got the boots..

My money they will buff the setbonus to 25 focus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Not everyone got the boots..

My money they will buff the setbonus to 25 focus
    They need to balance items based on potential though. If they balanced the set bonus around people not having the boots the Mythic raid meters would be a mess. Also even without the boots the 4 set is still amazing. If you took the 2 set bonus out of the equation which is what the majority of people are doing when reading the nerf, obviously it would be terrible.
    Last edited by mmocf6edb8744c; 2017-01-06 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samodin View Post
    I'll settle for 25
    20 would be the bare minimum that I'd be content with, 25 would be fair. 15 is just so meh.

50 was insane, it was stupid considering the 2pc+trinket+boots+relics, even without the boots it was stupid. You had a huge uptime on trueshot, so that 50% was up for so long

They need to balance items based on potential though. If they balanced the set bonus around people not having the boots the Mythic raid meters would be a mess. Also even without the boots the 4 set is still amazing. If you took the 2 set bonus out of the equation which is what the majority of people are doing when reading the nerf obviously it would be terrible.
    Yeah I agree, but it can't be balanced around that only. Tierset bonuses should be balanced towards those without the shoes as well, wich the nerf to the setbonus will hurt too much, so thats why I think they will moderate the nerf a bit.

Don't get me wrong, legendaries matters alot, and I like that some are better than others(I got the MM belt wich is so awesome on aoe) but our aoe is still very good without. That setbonus will be terrible for those with 2.5 min TS cd, so I can't see them keeping it at 15 focus.

Deleted
    Yeah I agree, but it can't be balanced around that only. Tierset bonuses should be balanced towards those without the shoes as well, wich the nerf to the setbonus will hurt too much, so thats why I think they will moderate the nerf a bit.

Don't get me wrong, legendaries matters alot, and I like that some are better than others(I got the MM belt wich is so awesome on aoe) but our aoe is still very good without. That setbonus will be terrible for those with 2.5 min TS cd, so I can't see them keeping it at 15 focus.
    Well the 2 set bonus is extremely strong anyways. If anything they should swap them as the 2 set bonus adds more DPS than the current 4 set. Either way when they're working together, even without the boots it's extremely strong.

It was extremely strong, now its allright. Its more like a 2set now. So maybe it is okay.

Last night I said to some guildies that I am using bonus rolls on tierbosses only cause the bonuses are imba. Two hours later...

No one should have a 2.5 min TS CD... You get that trinket that reduces the cd, 2 set and as many ts relics as you can hold onto, and the cd is 45seconds - 1minute `5sec depending on rng.

At that point, only thing boots are doing is saving an extra 10-20ish seconds, depending on the fight.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-01-06 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    No one should have a 2.5 min TS CD... You get that trinket that reduces the cd, 2 set and as many ts relics as you can hold onto, and the cd is 45seconds - 1minute `5sec depending on rng.

At that point, only thing boots are doing is saving an extra 10-20ish seconds, depending on the fight.
    Yeah I am being diffcult on purpose here

Atm I got 2.33 min TS CD. IF I get the trinket, yay. WHEN/IF I get the boots, yay. IF I get 2-3 TS relics without gimping overall dps, yay. There are alot of if and when.

Trueshot is awesome. I love big cds. Its already a big cd without any of it. But to truly make it very awesome with the setbonuses, you need alot of those things to shorten the CD, alot. If you are 10 seconds late for the extra TS, thats a huge dps-loss.

Writing this, I guess its not the 2 or 4set thats bothers me. I guess I dont want the spec to center around one cd alone. Now everything is about trueshot. Everyone know the feeling ending the fight 5 seconds before TS is off cd. Not getting the 2nd or 3rd TS in a fight hurts :P Maybe they should've give us some damage they bake into TS into something else we have as well.

Anyways! I don't try to whine or anything, the setbonuses are great, or now it allright seeing the nerf, and an allright tierset is better than a bad tierset. And tier19 also looks cool(normal one especially) Thats the 3rd setbonus!

Yeah I am being diffcult on purpose here

Atm I got 2.33 min TS CD. IF I get the trinket, yay. WHEN/IF I get the boots, yay. IF I get 2-3 TS relics without gimping overall dps, yay. There are alot of if and when.

Trueshot is awesome. I love big cds. Its already a big cd without any of it. But to truly make it very awesome with the setbonuses, you need alot of those things to shorten the CD, alot. If you are 10 seconds late for the extra TS, thats a huge dps-loss.

Writing this, I guess its not the 2 or 4set thats bothers me. I guess I dont want the spec to center around one cd alone. Now everything is about trueshot. Everyone know the feeling ending the fight 5 seconds before TS is off cd. Not getting the 2nd or 3rd TS in a fight hurts :P Maybe they should've give us some damage they bake into TS into something else we have as well.

Anyways! I don't try to whine or anything, the setbonuses are great, or now it allright seeing the nerf, and an allright tierset is better than a bad tierset. And tier19 also looks cool(normal one especially) Thats the 3rd setbonus!
    At the end of the day, you don't really need a lot. You need 2pc which you will get, and fast cause it's only 2 of 6 pieces. And the Trinket which might take a bit longer, but you'd be coining it and should only take a few weeks. That alone gets you to about 1minute cd. Yeah the specs basically become "how many times can you trueshot" in 7.1.5

At the end of the day, you don't really need a lot. You need 2pc which you will get, and fast cause it's only 2 of 6 pieces. And the Trinket which might take a bit longer, but you'd be coining it and should only take a few weeks. That alone gets you to about 1minute cd. Yeah the specs basically become "how many times can you trueshot" in 7.1.5
    Yeah, trueshot fest I think I give the 2set bonus too little credit It is indeed awesome.

Deleted
    Im sad

Why cant we never be OP for once.
    I was so looking forward to the insane damage I could do with the set.

Quote Originally Posted by rawi View Post
    They're still not shitty, neither of them, BM got buffed up a little from 3.4% and MM got toned down a bit from 17.5%. MM still has slightly better T19 bonus overall but not by a mile wide margin anymore. They're pretty balanced atm, slight advantage to MM with BiS legendaries when I was testing them out on the PTR. Also the -5% to Trick Shot pushes the SW-build up a notch.

TBH MM set needed the nerf, it was the major factor that was pushing the spec ludicrously over BM. Now when it comes down to spec, play whatever you like the most without feeling bad about it.
    What -5% to Trick Shot?

45s without the boots? maybe prenerf. doesnt the trinket have like 3 RPPM? lets be generous and make it 4 with haste
    that would mean if your trueshot has 45s CD, it would proc about 3 times and in that 45 seconds, you spent 2600 focus to shave off the extra minute from the CD... thats just not realistic.
    if the CD is about a minute, trinket would proc 4 times, shaving off 20 seconds and in that minute, you would spend 1400 focus, thats... probably possible, but likely only with SW and some generous amounts of haste, we definitely arent spending 1400 focus per minute now and SW is getting nerfed...

thats only some napkin math (and generous RPPM on trinket), but without boots, I would expect the average CD be at like 70-75 seconds, with boots about a minute for SW build, no clue on non-SW builds, as they get more from boots but less from setbonus, but probably not much shorter overall than SW.

but I havent been on the PTR, it might feel different when you actually play

45s without the boots? maybe prenerf. doesnt the trinket have like 3 RPPM? lets be generous and make it 4 with haste
    that would mean if your trueshot has 45s CD, it would proc about 3 times and in that 45 seconds, you spent 2600 focus to shave off the extra minute from the CD... thats just not realistic.
    if the CD is about a minute, trinket would proc 4 times, shaving off 20 seconds and in that minute, you would spend 1400 focus, thats... probably possible, but likely only with SW and some generous amounts of haste, we definitely arent spending 1400 focus per minute now and SW is getting nerfed...

thats only some napkin math (and generous RPPM on trinket), but without boots, I would expect the average CD be at like 70-75 seconds, with boots about a minute for SW build, no clue on non-SW builds, as they get more from boots but less from setbonus, but probably not much shorter overall than SW.

The trinket procs SO much more than that, it isn't limitted it just has a chance on each auto attack (from my experience). This is from being on ptr, and testing it myself. The trinket procs an insane amount.

I had 15 attempts with it, my fastest was 43 seconds, and my slowest was 1minute 30, but usually around the minute mark.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, just for you, I got onto ptr. Only auto attacking, seeing how many times each minute I get a proc. I have 18% Haste.

First Attempt: 12
    Second Attempt: 7
    Third Attempt: 10
    Fourth Attempt: 9
    Fifth Attempt: 5

That's my results. All within 1minute. So it's obviously VERY rng.
    I had attempts where I had 3 procs in 10seconds, and other attempts with 1 proc in 25seconds.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-01-06 at 04:28 PM.