Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It actually seems fine. Seeing as it pretty much easily one shots everyone but tanks, there needs to be an actual counter to it that isn't just cover behind something until the Roadhog is gone.

Cover and juking should have been a way to avoid hooks... but wasn't given it's absurd hitbox. Now it just means the Roadhog needs to choose his targets better, going for people who aren't near LoS and trying to juke him.
    No, it means roadhog just has to play dva or zarya from now on, so that he isn't a burden to his team.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Welp, this just doesn't seem fair https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam
    This is what i was talking about whole time in this topic. This cant go live

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, this just doesn't seem fair https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam
    Yeah.. no, they can't release this.

"Oh, fast moving target that is hard to hook anyways? Well, now it even breaks off even if you hit them with your hook."

Guess it's time to leave those mobile targets for other teammates. Am I supposed to hook enemy Roadhogs now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this video shows the enemy watch the hook go right through him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSY2...ature=youtu.be

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    This is what i was talking about whole time in this topic. This cant go live
    Can and will. This is "nerf first and ask questions later" Blizzard we're talking about.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Give him some extra damage to compensate and we gucci.
    Trolling?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure this video shows the enemy watch the hook go right through him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSY2...ature=youtu.be
    Yup, from what I've seen the hook now does nothing in any real scenario. If there is ANYTHING between you and your target, it breaks. Of course your target is free to shoot you from behind cover, you just cant do anything about it anymore.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    Trolling?

No, you take away something, you give something back. That's balance, Roadhog ain't OP because that hook is so easy to avoid even now before the nerf,
    it's just plebs that don't know how to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    No, it means roadhog just has to play dva or zarya from now on, so that he isn't a burden to his team.
    good luck playing d.va without getting your mech destroyed every half a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    No, you take away something, you give something back. That's balance, Roadhog ain't OP because that hook is so easy to avoid even now before the nerf,
    it's just plebs that don't know how to play.
    you realize that hog can now slaughter his targets way easier right?

he can even one shot a zarya with ease.

he can throw people off the map now too.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-01-06 at 06:46 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

About time. Improvement compared to what this has been.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...9vwhpchfxp.gif

Because that was balanced right?
    Fear makes people weak. Fear is my friend.
    Twitch.tv

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the hook should not break up for any fucking reason. If it connects, it connects. Other than that - we all saw it coming. If the hog is too weak now, I'll just change to faceroll d.va.
    d.va is getting the hardest nerf
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    Unless they are slightly behind anything. Which they more or less always are.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    do all roadhog mains have brain damage this bad

you cant just pull someone through a wall.
    Yeah, but if you have a hook and chain attached to you and you hide behind a box or a wall, you can get pulled out from behind a box or around the corner. It is pretty basic. Through the wall is a game issue, but rope/chain etc work pulling around a corner. Don't really main the Hog, play him off and on, more of a Reinhardt tank guy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Unless they are slightly behind anything. Which they more or less always are.
    Then it's working as intended. Why should the hook have ever curved around targets, corners, over objects, etc. in the first place? You'll need to be more intelligent/strategic when playing him now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Yeah, but if you have a hook and chain attached to you and you hide behind a box or a wall, you can get pulled out from behind a box or around the corner. It is pretty basic. Through the wall is a game issue, but rope/chain etc work pulling around a corner. Don't really main the Hog, play him off and on, more of a Reinhardt tank guy.
    The problem is the hook was being attached upon pressing E and not when the hook actually landed on the player. That's the flaw that is being fixed. If I tossed a hook at someone who was moving it wouldn't wrap around the corner, grab them and pull them back. It would miss. We've become content with the broken implementation of the hook and Blizzard is fixing it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    good luck playing d.va without getting your mech destroyed every half a minute.

- - - Updated - - -

he can even one shot a zarya with ease.

he can throw people off the map now too.
    Seems like a nerf to me? Isn't the whole change just that it no longer pulls the target to him if the player runs behind a wall while hooked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Then it's working as intended. Why should the hook have ever curved around targets, corners, over objects, etc. in the first place? You'll need to be more intelligent/strategic when playing him now.
    We're talking about objects though that are thinner than the target's hitbox. The hook is just going straight through them. That's not right. Yes, if you're hiding behind a tree and I can't see you, then it makes sense that I can't hit you. But if you're hiding behind a light pole thinking that it's "cover", and I can't still see 3/4 of your body, there's no reason for me to not be able to hit you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You've clearly not looked at any of the PTR footage. If the target is in any way, behind anything, the hook fails. They can stand at a corner, shooting you in the face, and you can not hook them anymore. If it is as you say, working as intended, then the intent is for Roadhog to never be played.
    Last edited by Kujako; 2017-01-06 at 08:17 PM.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    I can pull the chain, and the target would come around the wall or over it. You know, like in real life? What you're talking about is texture problems and animation, when stuff should come around, it just goes through textures. It's no the hooks problem.
    I'll remember that the next time I use my personal teleporter to escape from a miniature singularity fired from a laser gun by a Russian weightlifter...
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

This is ridiculous.

This is a change that needs to be pushed back until Blizzard can give it another go, this is simply unacceptable and I've been on the receiving end of bullshit hooks.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The change is necessary as there are issues as it plays now. They are mainly changing it from working like a projectile/hit scan into a slightly better version (in some ways). Keep in mind something similar happened with Hanzo that they then reverted due to him being a lot more weak/difficult to play. I understand people are pissed, but keep in mind that this also helps with issues such as a player being able to jump behind a wall and throwing the hook mid air just to pull someone around the wall to him and cutting off from the team. Now, I admit if it's in the open and he pulls someone behind Rein for the team to demolish them that's one thing, but being able to virtually walk hack a projectile style move is kind of BS. This also means that Hog players will have to aim better, something that most good players can already do and most so-so players will have to get better at.
    I do feel that Blizzard needs to work on coding for some things, such as not breaking hook from a lamp post, much like fixing Dva's Ult to hit people that are exposed to it. Not sure how much coding that would take, but that seriously needs taken care of before such changes as Hog. Seriously, fix the detection coding and change it to take effect with certain terrain.