Poll: Should dogs be executed if they bite?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    No. We should execute their owners instead.
    How can you advocate murder so easily?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    And rabbits and ducks
    Rabbits and ducks do negligible damage. A horse bite is no joke

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    The thing is, a second chance could result in the death of a toddler. Or some woman getting her face mauled off. And then people will ask, why wasn't it euthanized if it had a history of attacking people?

These are animals. It's better to be safe than lose human life over sentiment for a dangerous animal.
    Just because an animal bites, doesn't mean it's more aggressive than those who haven't bitten. In most cases, it's simply because they found themselves in a situation that others haven't been in. So, it would be safe to kill off a majority of the dogs right now, because they all (the majority I just mentioned in the first half of this sentence) have a roughly similar potential for aggression in certain situations.

In addition, most people now own dogs either for their rather selfish needs such as entertainment or family/friends' substitute. So, they bring in a known dangerous animal into their lives (and those around them), but are not required to be fit for that or responsible for safeguarding that animal's life, outside of keeping it fed/vaccinated. And even if they fail the latter, nothing is likely to happen to them, besides having the creature taken away. In other words, the dogs are equated to items that are disposed of as soon as they 'malfunction' because apparently, it's a zero sum game and dogs deserve no reprieve, no matter what actually happened and who's at fault; human's lives are too valuable. This sort of childish, egocentric outlook is not one I share.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2017-01-06 at 05:08 PM.

No. Dogs most often bite for a reason. A blanket rule without context is ridiculous. If somebody's shitty kid pokes my dog in the eye with a stick, the dog should not be euthanized for protecting itself.

Deleted
    We could make hot dogs out of them then.

And export them to china.

Before trump bans business with china.

Even for the EU. After he sold the EU to Putin for.. well.. what has putin to offer? Vodka deliveries? Babushka-Puppets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Genes regulate a lot. It's a fact that some dogs are inherently more aggressive than others as well as the environment itself being a big factor.

Let's not disregard genes as pseudo-science, it's not.

On another note, how can you have a dog do so much harm to you and your loved ones and still not wish for different laws that enable you to deal with the problem accordingly?
    You keep saying 'its a fact' but didn't back it up.

you then say "environment itself being a big factor" which is a -totally- different statement.

And how can I not want something like that? Because I know the families that owned the dogs, which pretty much explains why what happened, happened.

And sure, genes regulate things... But I still haven't seen any proof of 'bad genes'. I'm happy to be proven otherwise.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame the dogs for their genetics. I blame their owners. If anyone should be punished start with the owner.

Deleted
    All dangerous dog breeds should be exterminated..

Deleted
    Rabbits and ducks do negligible damage. A horse bite is no joke
    We're taking the piss because a blanket bite = death sentence is retarded irrispective of the animal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    Humans are by far the most dangerous and destructive species on earth, we should exterminate them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhoof View Post
    You mean that list that keeps changing every decade

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    While we're at it, let's put down all violent people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Toddler walk up to a dog:
    Pulls on his ear
    Pokes his eye
    Rides on him like a Pony

Dog bites toddler. Still kill the dog? No

This is not a black and white issue.
    In the above scenario should we hang the parent and dog owner too?

If you want to protect humans from being attacked/killed I'd say start with other humans, not dogs.

I've got this unpopular mentality that if you can squash a fly and can laugh about it then you're just as 'evil' as someone that kills a person and laughs about it; from an objective standpoint. I think that everything we do, we do for the sole purpose of self preservation, we don't act for the greater good we act in order to preserve ourselves both mentally and physically. I don't think that makes you a bad or a good person, but I personally see it as hypocritical to think it 'good' to harm one creature for x reason but 'bad' to punish another for the same.

As for the dog, not normally. I like dogs, I'd like for less dogs to die, but I guess if it was likely to actually kill people then it's probably for the best.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2017-01-06 at 06:16 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dogs are a lot like babies.

If you cant' accept that it's a crapshoot with what you'll end up with,
    If you can't accept that you need to train/educate/discipline it,
    If you can't afford the costs associated that come with it,

You probably don't have any business having one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted no but it really depends. Some dogs are beyond saving I'll agree but not every dog that bites ever deserves to be euthanized. My own dog bit me once when I accidentally stepped on her paw. Wasn't a hard bite but it was reactive.

Biting is in a dogs nature as it's their best tool. There's biting from stress, defensiveness and then aggressiveness. There's a lot of grey areas.

And while some breeds are generally more susceptible to aggressiveness for sure all dogs have the capability to be aggressive if they're pushed to that point. Again, it's in their nature.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I value a human life more than a dog's, as well as the well being of both. So yes, any dog that hurts a human should be allowed to be executed

Why did you make this thread? You don't seem to want any discussion. You just want to assert your opinion unto others as though it's fact.

Depends on the severity of the bite, or the situation.

Someone broke into my house? No.

Dog Bit a child for no good reason? Yes.

Case sensitive.

I was bitten by a dog when I was 4. It was my fathers hunting beagle. He was an ornery old cunt who really only tolerated people other than my dad.One hot day I thought he looked hot, so I went over and tried to stuff ice in his mouth, 5 minutes later he nipped my face and made me pretty. It wasnt an attack of aggression, it was an attack to end what he perceived as aggression. My dad was going to put him down, I begged him not to and explained why I got bitten. Dog lived anther 6-8 years with no incidents.
    READ and be less Ignorant.