The Triple M line for us has been the best and most consistent all season since Glen put it together, I fuckin love watching those guys play every night.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I like the 2013 draft with Mackinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Seth Jones, Monahan, Ristolainan, Horvat, Domi, Mantha ect I thought that was a solid year.

As for Puljujarvi he is playing in the NHL for some reason because old habits die hard with the Oilers. He's playing 4th line minutes in his rookie year and for what ever reason they refuse to send him down to Bakersfield where he can learn to dominate. Does not make any sense to me why they are doing it but it's their team and if they want to stunt his development they can. There are players where it's really clear when you see them play in junior whether they will be able to play in the NHL in their rookie year or not. 2016 draft was going to be Matthews and Laine as pretty much locks, especially after the way they played in the world championship. PLD had an outside shot and Puljujarvi didn't look quite ready. It was widely reported that Tkachuk would probably go back down before training camp started but he obviously impressed and has been having a great season. He's playing 14-16 minutes a night on a defensive line so he isn't getting sheltered at all. This is the type of playing experience a rookie should have in their first year which will make them better. Not that 4th line garbage they're throwing at Pulju.
    Oh well that sucks. There is for sure really good potential in him, hopefully they don't waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    You do realize the East is the power house this year. Or more specifically the Metro.

Teams to not be as good as they were last season. Nashville, Anaheim, LA, Tampa, Florida and Islanders.
    What's weird is that we are in almost the exact same spot as we were last season, the point total and win and loss record is nearly the same. Forsberg is coming alive finally much like he did last season. Our big problem is injuries, it has just killed us especially on the chemistry front. We should be getting Bitteto back, granted we lost Suban but I think we still have a shot even without him. We need Salomaki back in a bad way, not for his points, but because the guy is really physical which is something we severely lack right now. Neal continues to have running issues, and its a shame because he was setting up to be all over 40 goals pretty easily, so if we can get him back to healthy we might be alright.

I think we can still make the playoffs, might not do much once there but even with Subban out I don't think the season is a lost cause yet. Just need to some guys to stay consistently healthy so we can have consistent pairs and lines and we might get it going.

I'm kind of hoping we see a bit more of Saros in net. He's been insane, and his GAA is 1.16 with a .957 sv% in 6 games. The only reason he's lost is he just didn't get any goal support in those games. Dude is tiny compared to Rinne, but he is quick and smooth and a ton of fun to watch.

Well I guess the streak has to end at some point for non cbj teams. Need to stop letting teams come back, especially in a game where Refs are siding with us on most of the calls.

Matthews had an amazing Spinorama assist for anyone is interested in highlights.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone catch the USA v Russia game? Insane game, so god damn intense!

Well Gratz to Colton Sissons with his first ever hat trick. He more than doubled his goal total for the season in one night ( had two prior ).

Gonna be quite an interesting battle between Laine and Matthews, both in good form atm. Who do you think gonna win in points?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Matthews, hes the better player imo. Laine came out of the gate like a cannon ball but is / will cool off.

How bad are the Red Wings this year, my god.

Matthews, hes the better player imo. Laine came out of the gate like a cannon ball but is / will cool off.
    Might happen but Laine is getting those assists aswell. If Scheifele or Ehlers get injured then it could be hard for Laine to keep the same pace, they have been a terrific line. Matthews might win in points but Laine could win in goals. Well either way it will be exciting to watch! I root for Laine

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks somehow not in the bottom 10 anymore and have an actual win streak going.

Too bad they play Calgary tonight and have been dismal vs the Pacific this season
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Walking wounded. Injuries are just killing us this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Walking wounded. Injuries are just killing us this season.
    Preds and Habs are getting the injury bug this season again. Must be contagious from Subban.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Patrik Laine....just got LIT up. Terrible pass by Schiefele

https://streamable.com/ab2sh

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of Patrik Laine....just got LIT up. Terrible pass by Schiefele

https://streamable.com/ab2sh
    Seeing it live I was like, "Oh shit he's dead." Not really dead, but he got wrecked. His team mates started a brawl. Fun times were had minus Laine. This is where Matthews pulls ahead because Laine is going to be out for at least a week. If not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Seeing it live I was like, "Oh shit he's dead." Not really dead, but he got wrecked. His team mates started a brawl. Fun times were had minus Laine. This is where Matthews pulls ahead because Laine is going to be out for at least a week. If not more.
    First I thought it was a tackle towards the head but seeing it again I have to say it was clean, a hell of tackle but clean. Hopefully nothing serious, would be a shame if his outstanding rookie season ended because of this... Yeah Matthews gonna pull ahead if Laine is out for a longer spell or maybe Matthews plays like he did at the start of the season, then he won't get far ahead! Well just gotta see what happens next.

I'm surprised someone hasn't taken him out already tbh. The Jets can get a bit dirty at times and figured someone would retaliate.

Neal on IR, this year just keeps getting worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I'm surprised someone hasn't taken him out already tbh. The Jets can get a bit dirty at times and figured someone would retaliate.

Neal on IR, this year just keeps getting worse.
    I believe the term is that they play hard and physically punish every team they play. I imagine when a team looks at the board and see they are playing the Jets next. They mentally prepare themselves for a massively physical night. BUFF SMASH.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Went to the Flames game tonight!

https://gyazo.com/6dee930d6ccda5230c34cf2743f8e061

10+ Year Old Account
    That's wicked seating right there. Get anyone's teeth?