Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I know these quotes are a few days old and the thread he opened is already debunked but in case people in this thread didn't see, what he said is absolutely incorrect, not supported at all by actual theorycrafting and is in fact a build with much lower dps than what has been proven to be good. So please anyone who didn't see his other thread but believed him here, don't listen anymore.

Can you link the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Slone View Post
    Can you link the thread?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Unholy-Thread

thanks for that.
    well, it's only been one day. but it seems like UH will be very competitive.

https://vengeancetanking.wordpress.c...retrospective/

That's a fantastic spot, right at the top of the middle of the pack, not an outlier so little danger of nerfs but not in the toilet either. That's where you want to be.

Hunters must be absolutely losing their minds. Stay away from the official forums until they get buffed!

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a fantastic spot, right at the top of the middle of the pack, not an outlier so little danger of nerfs but not in the toilet either. That's where you want to be.

Hunters must be absolutely losing their minds. Stay away from the official forums until they get buffed!
    They have renamed some of the spec channel names in discord to rather punny things

75th percentile. These types of charts are not great at telling us much besides how great Spriest's are and how bad Hunters are.

The good thing is that besides the two bookends in that chart, the rest in between are very close to one another. Wait a few weeks for folks to get NH gear and perfect the rotations on the specs that changed or became viable.
    Last edited by DagrDK; 2017-01-12 at 08:49 PM.

If you remove the normalization to get raw DPS rather than spec score, discard the outliers at both ends (namely shadow, affliction, hunters, and enhancement, all of whom absolutely deserve to be nerfed/buffed) and compare Havoc to Frost Mage, Havoc is still 12% ahead. I wouldn't call that "very close". I wouldn't even call it pretty close. ~7-8% would meet the "pretty close" threshold for me; <5% for "very close".

Deleted

Mages will be losing their minds.

All 3 specs aren't in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    75th percentile. These types of charts are not great at telling us much besides how great Spriest's are and how bad Hunters are.

The good thing is that besides the two bookends in that chart, the rest in between are very close to one another. Wait a few weeks for folks to get NH gear and perfect the rotations on the specs that changed or became viable.
    It looks like that on pretty much all percentiles

I think it's better to look at specific bosses to get a better view, since overall picture includes such fights like Ilgynoth or Dragons (portal group lul)

No point to look at logs at the moment, EN is on farm for most guilds and kills are twice as fast than they would be with the appropriate gear level. Frost is better at sustained dps rather than burst (without BoS build) so of course UH is outperforming frost. You'll have to wait until NH to get a better understanding.

If you remove the normalization to get raw DPS rather than spec score, discard the outliers at both ends (namely shadow, affliction, hunters, and enhancement, all of whom absolutely deserve to be nerfed/buffed) and compare Havoc to Frost Mage, Havoc is still 12% ahead. I wouldn't call that "very close". I wouldn't even call it pretty close. ~7-8% would meet the "pretty close" threshold for me; <5% for "very close".
    Fair enough. How about closer than in EN? The balancing act this xpac has been fairly decent from my perspective, minus the wild outliers on both ends. We're in the middle. Depending on your skill level and that of the people you play with, that could be upper middle, or lower middle. I've never been one to say we deserve to be top or bottom, just competitive. I've begun sinking AP into UH now to get that to 54 to have flexibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    It looks like that on pretty much all percentiles
    It's also only a few days in? Small sample sizes, turbo fast farm kills. I'm not arguing at all because I agree. Like you, I'm looking forward to what the specs can do in the coming weeks

IF you discard outliers, which is a big if, it's better than most past patches, but not up to the best ones.

There are already a lot of TERRIBLE hunters players. I'd like them to change class so they stop playing ez mode. It'd be good if they could hone their skill a little instead of playing a braindead class.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    There are already a lot of TERRIBLE hunters players. I'd like them to change class so they stop playing ez mode. It'd be good if they could hone their skill a little instead of playing a braindead class.
    There must be a tuning pass inc after NH comes out, there's no way they'll let hunters stay 3/3 lowest DPS specs.

Both specs look to be in a good spot tbh. NH will be what spreads them out a bit but looking at statistics on warcraftlogs 80-95 percentiles have them both close.

People are still learning and gearing and adjusting for both specs also so there is that to consider.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

You got it. I'm pretty stoked for the viability of both. A little bummed they made those two legendaries for Breath (belt/ring) have such a huge impact, but you'll still be able to pull off great numbers without them.

Unholy is actually a little bit higher than the numbers show. A lot of players are still using Castigator due to lack of mastery gear when you look at EN breakdowns at 90th percentile.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...ntinfo=Talents

40% still Castigator and its obviously performing much worse overall (due to worse AoE, since its equal ST right now).