Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Do you think there will ever be a gun-free world in our lifetime?

I just don't understand gun culture. How in the world does owning guns or even shooting them for fun makes it logical? Don't people have better things to do then owning the latest killer gun. How about getting a life, dude. Seems fucking retarded to me.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-01-06 at 09:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just don't understand xculture. How in the world does owning x or even x them for fun makes it logical? Don't people have better things to do then owning the latest killer x. How about getting a life, dude. Seems fucking retarded to me.

replace X with whatever ya want, dirt bikes maybe

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In the future, after we replace guns with blasters
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    I just don't understand xculture. How in the world does owning x or even x them for fun makes it logical? Don't people have better things to do then owning the latest killer x. How about getting a life, dude. Seems fucking retarded to me.

replace X with whatever ya want, dirt bikes maybe
    yes dirt bikes slay people on a daily basis.

Could you share your blog? I love reading what you write. Very insightful.

On topic, guns are more efficient/easier than spears/arrows when hunting. Yes people still bow-hunt, but only the truly skilled can do that. With a gun, anyone is a hunter, so when dystopia-day happens, anyone with a gun will be able to get food easier than someone without a gun.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    When Angela Merkel will become queen of all thats alive.

Or after the alien invasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Could you share your blog? I love reading what you write. Very insightful.

On topic, guns are more efficient/easier than spears/arrows when hunting. Yes people still bow-hunt, but only the truly skilled can do that. With a gun, anyone is a hunter, so when dystopia-day happens, anyone with a gun will be able to get food easier than someone without a gun.
    my blog is right here on mmo-champion.com. Look me up.

Stupid question since you know it would be impossible.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    There will always be someone who will not give up their guns. Do you want that one person to be the most powerful person on the planet due to being the only one with guns? Or, would you rather people be able to protect themselves against others who have guns? Criminals wont give up their guns. That gives them power over those they prey upon.In states like Arizona and Texas where more people have guns, there is alot less gun violence than on places like Chicago where they have some of the harshest gun laws due to the criminals not caring about the law and getting their guns anyways.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    yes dirt bikes slay people on a daily basis.
    they almost do though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Stupid question since you know it would be impossible.

why is it impossible? I never shot a gun in my life and have no inclination to do so in the future. What exactly is so amazing about guns?

Gawd I hope not. Guns are the great equalizer between, say, the average man and the average woman, or between a larger and smaller person. Absent guns you truly do have a world of "might makes right". After all, that's why we give cops guns, and the President is surrounded by people with guns (and about every gun-control touting celebrity bubblehead out there).

As someone once said, guns don't "slay people", people do. My guns are definitely defective since I've owned em for 20 years and they haven't even gone off yet, much less actually "slain people".

Feel free to vent your spleen about those evil guns - but if you want mine, you better bring yours.

No but maybe smarter guns that can only be activated by ppl who should have them. I hope in the future there is more focus on non lethal weapons for law enforcement

We already had a period of time when no guns existed and now that they are here, it's now almost impossible to have another gun-free era.

I just don't understand gun culture. How in the world does owning guns or even shooting them for fun makes it logical? Don't people have better things to do then owning the latest killer gun. How about getting a life, dude. Seems fucking retarded to me.
    I think it's possible we will someday only have guns used for military purposes. The entire foundation of gun rights is self defense, with a bit of tyrannical government defense sprinkled on top. If we had those star trek phasers that could be set to stun, we would have no need of guns in the hands of private citizens. Until then, however, I see no alternative to a fire arm if your goal is survival, and your attacker is bigger, stronger, armed, and more male.

Also INB4 locked due to gun control mega thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I was Trump I would make all guns illegal and laugh my ass off as I was ousted from the white house. That would be a great way to go out as a president.

why is it impossible? I never shot a gun in my life and have no inclination to do so in the future. What exactly is so amazing about guns?
    I never have either, it's not for me and I don't want one.

You asked the question 'if you think we will ever be a gun free world in our lifetime' and I answered that it would be impossible because even with a 100% ban on guns people will still find a way to obtain them.

Edit: Also keep in mind you the 'our lifetime' part of your question, how to you expect to follow through with that type of ban within our lifetime?
    Last edited by noidentity; 2017-01-06 at 09:29 PM.

The shit I've seen mods sensor, how is this thread not closed for trolling...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    The shit I've seen mods sensor, how is this thread not closed for trolling...
    maybe because i'm Canadian and have no clue what i'm talking about.

Try it once. Then you will understand.

Guns aren't some evil machine that makes you into a killer.

And as long as one man wants to lord himself over another guns will be one of the most important items to own.