Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fatboss drop the ball?

NH comes out in 11 days, I'd figure FB would've posted full tutorials out by now. I know there are others who make tutorials, but I just prefer FB because of how consistent and in depth they are. Anyone can read the abilities, but it's much more to see them and how they interact.

Deleted
    theyre Very Busy gearing up 4chars to the max for NH theyve said in their latest laps around dalaran thats prolly why, and guides for nm and hc will come out on first week anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    NH comes out in 11 days, I'd figure FB would've posted full tutorials out by now. I know there are others who make tutorials, but I just prefer FB because of how consistent and in depth they are. Anyone can read the abilities, but it's much more to see them and how they interact.
    It's called entitlement, they'll publish the guides whenever they can and want. they didn't drop the ball.

They never post guides until they kill it on live servers. If you want a preview there is a playlist from alpha testing:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis..._Vd9uuDJv-t-4A

Well, the only footage they have is from PTR which is on their channel already i think (atleast i've seen them do some PTR), they can't make the actual live guides untill after its released, esp if Blizzard changed mechanics / tuning.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time i checked fatboss always released there guides when stuff was live. sure they had ptr and beta guides but there live actual guides always come when the fights are live.

No Tusk Club.

They have the preview of the bosses on their channel from when they first came out for testing but that was 6-11 months ago so not sure how reliable they would be, Fatboss always wait till the bosses go live to do actual guides in case there are any changes from the ptr.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    It's called entitlement, they'll publish the guides whenever they can and want. they didn't drop the ball.
    It's called being lazy and inconsistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    Ima cynical twat by nature but ice relied on fatboss for so long that they could vote for trump and I wouldn't hold it against them.

(Yes i know they're english. So am i)

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    I'd say it's more about being pro at what they do. You want videos based on PTR tests? They got those out now. You want guides based on what actually goes live? They will have those out the first week it goes live.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    I'd say it's more about being pro at what they do. You want videos based on PTR tests? They got those out now. You want guides based on what actually goes live? They will have those out the first week it goes live.
    Very much this! Think fb are slacking?... Go out get a team together and do your own guides

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Are you really expecting up-to-date video guides for fights that aren't on live servers yet?

Give them a week or so of Nighthold to record, edit, and post the videos before you start calling them lazy and inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Krobane View Post
    Anyone can read the abilities, but it's much more to see them and how they interact.
    You can't do this yourself?

What ever happened to learning the boss by doing - rather than going in over geared and having watched a hand holding step by step guide on every boss before you even experience it for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Maybe guds should figure it out themselves like most did before. Nothing beats figuring it out a strat that works for your team. Obviously we encourage everyone to know as much as they can becore we hit raids but in the end we usually make our own strat or tweak others to suit our style of play better.

In the end the world will not end if strat vids are not posted until after the first week or so. Everyone also had the opportunity to test the encounters themselves to figure out things.

15+ Year Old Account
    The best guides are waiting 2 days and coming to this forum and reading the threads asking for help!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Why would someone make a guide more than the PTR previews that they've done, when boss abilities are subject to change?
    Last edited by klogaroth; 2017-01-06 at 10:33 PM.

They always wait till they've killed it on live servers to release the guides and almost always use footage from a few live kills to publish the guide, they have to because sometimes they don't even see certain phases or abilities are changed from their PTR/beta incarnation.
    I'm guessing you've just moved into a world where you'll be tackling Nighthold once it's released and for doing raids like that you're gonna have to rely on written guides for the first week or so. Good luck!

Your raiders watching the PTR footage and your raid leaders reading the guides to put together a proper raid strat should be enough to get you through Heroic. Their Gul'dan video which is up is good though to help people do their first kill (https://youtu.be/f6DSq4GSI60).

You shouldn't really need a video for the first 3 or so bosses on Mythic and if you are good enough to beat bosses quicker than Fatboss posts Mythic guides up you are good enough to not need them anyway.
    Last edited by RestoChango; 2017-01-09 at 05:49 AM.

I would say that anyone who wants to accuse Fatboss of dropping the ball should look in the mirror.
    If you think they're being too slow, stop waiting and make your own guide!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"