Worth it to d/e greens?

I am overloaded with Legion greens. I'd been saving them to disenchant, but every time I check the market the price of Arkhana is less than the vendor price of the greens. Is there something profitable I can use Arkhana for or am I better off just vendoring?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use the Arkhana to make enchants that you can then sell on the AH.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I got 4x 110, 1 of each armor class, so since I got like hundreds of greens from doing world quests etc, been learning the ones I can for transmog, and DE'ing the rest for enchant scrolls of various types on my enchanter.

Depends on server economy really, the profession leveling (dust only, orange up to 740 skill with 3 stars) enchants vary a lot in cost on my server but the other enchants need a lot more dust+crystals so should be rarer on the AH are far more expensive.

But it all depends on the material price vs crafted product vs greens vendor values.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-05 at 08:40 PM.

How busted is the economy on your server?

Doesn't each green give 2-3 Arkhana? So on most servers that would be about 50-90g each green item. (EU Median is atm 26g).
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost always worth it to DE. I don't know about your server, but on mine arkhana seems to have stabilized around 25g. You usually get 2 or 3 arkhana per, so unless said green is worth more than 50-75g you may as well DE it.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server enchanters are willing to buy greens for sometimes 40g because enchanting mats are often overpriced on the AH. Pretty sure that unless you servers economy is borked by bots it's worth it to disenchant for your own use.

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How busted is the economy on your server?

Doesn't each green give 2-3 Arkhana? So on most servers that would be about 50-90g each green item. (EU Median is atm 26g).
    It is generally very bad. I've only been getting 1-2 Arkhana per green and prices were down in the 15-20g range, so if I only got 1 it was a loss and depending on the item sometimes 2 was barely a profit. I just checked the AH again and it seems like prices are back up though.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thanks all.

It is generally very bad. I've only been getting 1-2 Arkhana per green and prices were down in the 15-20g range, so if I only got 1 it was a loss and depending on the item sometimes 2 was barely a profit. I just checked the AH again and it seems like prices are back up though.
    Ah ok, I've had a guild mate buying all my greens since Legion launch, so didn't know exactly how many arkhana they gave. Then it actually might be better to vendor some items, if the prices are that low.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Ah ok, I've had a guild mate buying all my greens since Legion launch, so didn't know exactly how many arkhana they gave. Then it actually might be better to vendor some items, if the prices are that low.
    the amount of arkhana you get is dependent on your enchanting skill, the guy you quoted is not high level, if you are max level you will get 3-4 arkhana per each.

Quote Originally Posted by Stopsight View Post
    the amount of arkhana you get is dependent on your enchanting skill, the guy you quoted is not high level, if you are max level you will get 3-4 arkhana per each.
    Oki, then I was correct in the first post, thought I had lost my marbels, as I used to have a rather good idea about the market values etc. It is after all a reason green items fly out of AH for 50-60g each, if not more, and people buy all your greens for 50g in trade chat.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    In general, yes. I DE most of my greens, on my realm however, some greens do sell will on the AH. You have to know what those are, or you are actually missing out on some gold opportunities.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    yep they are worth