Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    * A small nerf to Soothing Mist
    Back when 7.1.5 PTR became available, it was still doing the exact same number on both live and PTR even though it was datamined as a nerf. This was before the changes to secondary stats.
    Didn't this get hotfixed a while back and wouldn't the current "nerf" be a tooltip fix?

Also, seeing as 7.1.5 is hitting live upcoming tuesday I guess we're not getting the much needed changes.
    It's quite unfortunate really. I've already cancelled my subscription last month (sub ran out on 17th of December) as I was only interested in playing a Mistweaver and as such I didn't feel like playing anymore (our current issues will only come more apparent as the content becomes more demanding of the healers).

To all of you, who are still continuing on in 7.1.5: I hope Blizzard finally wakes up and fixes the issues at hand for you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    Just to make sure I'm understanding today's 7.1.5 patch notes:

* A decent buff to Gust of Mists (making Mastery even stronger)
    * A great buff to Zen Pulse (for those of us who mainly run M+'s—this is amazing!)
    * An amazing buff to Mistwalk (making this even more OP in PvP)
    * A small reduction in mana cost to RSK for those of us who run the Rising Thunder talent (something my fellow mmo-champers have been asking for!)
    * A small nerf to Soothing Mist

Is the change to Spinning Crane Kick also for Mistweavers? [Spinning Crane Kick's damage is increased by 50% for each unique target you've struck in the last 15 sec with Tiger Palm, Blackout Kick, Rising Sun Kick, or Rushing Jade Wind]
    While you are technically correct in terms of the affected spells and the direction, honestly, I wish I could see the changes the same way you apparently do with adjectives like great and amazing. To clarify with some numbers:

• Gust of Mists is being buffed by 30% (1.0 to 1.3 SP Scaling). Yes, this is quite significant even though it's probably not the right place to apply the band-aid. Crap stat is crap and overbuffing it will just force us into a slightly different gimped playstyle.
    • Zen Pulse is being buffed by 10% (200 to 220% SP Scaling). It was already an exclusively Mythic+ talent and this doesn't change that.
    • Mistwalk is being buffed by 20% (350 to 420% SP Scaling). It's now actually maybe worth considering outside of PvP, but it's probably still not even on the same plane as Chi Burst's powerhouse AoE heal when it comes to doing raid content a.k.a. the place where we need the most help.
    • Rising Sun Kick's mana cost is being reduced by 15% (2.3 to 2.0% base mana). The spell is already hardly used outside of interactions with certain Legendaries/Rising Thunder or assisting DPS. As this classifies its frequency of use somewhere in the area of "seldom" this change will usually make absolutely no difference to most Mistweavers in most situations.
    • Soothing Mist is being nerfed by ~9.3% (70 to 64% SP Scaling). I'm not going to defend Soothing Mist since, as I stated in the OP, I believe it's an absolutely useless mechanic which only serves to justify our broken mana expenditure BUT I will say that I'd rather keep 9.3% on Soothing Mist than, for example, gain those 10% on Zen Pulse.

In short - the only real change we are receiving is the buff to Gust of Mists.

I welcome active changes to our spec, I really do, however, I can't help but feel that most of these are either just fluff to fill up the Mistweaver section of the patch notes or a straight-up public display of ignorance in regards to our actual issues. The MW community has given so much constructive feedback about a wide-range of both problems and potential solutions - things ranging from mana efficiency to haste scaling and artifact weapon traits. With all that, how are we supposed to feel that changes like "Reduced mana cost of RSK by 0.3% base mana" are all they could come up with?
    Last edited by mmoc0d05e16c33; 2017-01-07 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhakera View Post
    While you are technically correct in terms of the affected spells and the direction, honestly, I wish I could see the changes the same way you apparently do with adjectives like great and amazing. To clarify with some numbers:

• Gust of Mists is being buffed by 30% (1.0 to 1.3 SP Scaling). Yes, this is quite significant even though it's probably not the right place to apply the band-aid. Crap stat is crap and overbuffing it will just force us into a slightly different gimped playstyle.
    • Zen Pulse is being buffed by 10% (200 to 220% SP Scaling). It was already an exclusively Mythic+ talent and this doesn't change that.
    • Mistwalk is being buffed by 20% (350 to 420% SP Scaling). It's now actually maybe worth considering outside of PvP, but it's probably still not even on the same plane as Chi Burst's powerhouse AoE heal when it comes to doing raid content a.k.a. the place where we need the most help.
    • Rising Sun Kick's mana cost is being reduced by 15% (2.3 to 2.0% base mana). The spell is already hardly used outside of interactions with certain Legendaries/Rising Thunder or assisting DPS. As this classifies its frequency of use somewhere in the area of "seldom" this change will usually make absolutely no difference to most Mistweavers in most situations.
    • Soothing Mist is being nerfed by ~9.3% (70 to 64% SP Scaling). I'm not going to defend Soothing Mist since, as I stated in the OP, I believe it's an absolutely useless mechanic which only serves to justify our broken mana expenditure BUT I will say that I'd rather keep 9.3% on Soothing Mist than, for example, gain those 10% on Zen Pulse.

In short - the only real change we are receiving is the buff to Gust of Mists.

I welcome active changes to our spec, I really do, however, I can't help but feel that most of these are either just fluff to fill up the Mistweaver section of the patch notes or a straight-up public display of ignorance in regards to our actual issues. The MW community has given so much constructive feedback about a wide-range of both problems and potential solutions - things ranging from mana efficiency to haste scaling and artifact weapon traits. With all that, how are we supposed to feel that changes like "Reduced mana cost of RSK by 0.3% base mana" are all they could come up with?
    Couldn't agree more. I already feel quite strong in m+ and I guess we will be better in that. But I'm a Mythic Raider first and foremost and none of these changes are very welcome to me. However the 30% Mastery buff I can see really not being too bad. I find myself MOSTLY using my charges of TFT on Renewing Mist as is so this change will help that playstyle, it still won't make Vivify worth using outside of when it procs however.

Deleted
    Hyrja at 15 with tyrannical makes me feel extremly weak. Dont feel like i have the tools or burst throughput for her.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricje View Post
    Back when 7.1.5 PTR became available, it was still doing the exact same number on both live and PTR even though it was datamined as a nerf. This was before the changes to secondary stats.
    Didn't this get hotfixed a while back and wouldn't the current "nerf" be a tooltip fix?

Also, seeing as 7.1.5 is hitting live upcoming tuesday I guess we're not getting the much needed changes.
    It's quite unfortunate really. I've already cancelled my subscription last month (sub ran out on 17th of December) as I was only interested in playing a Mistweaver and as such I didn't feel like playing anymore (our current issues will only come more apparent as the content becomes more demanding of the healers).

To all of you, who are still continuing on in 7.1.5: I hope Blizzard finally wakes up and fixes the issues at hand for you guys.
    Try fresh Elysium server, fuck retail. You do the right thing man.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, these dumbest activation designers still try to buff this shit mastery. Like I said before, they have no way to solve our mastery issue.

Even after this 30% buff, according to geodew's theorycrafting, it is still unviable. Also, what will happen if we get another tier like extend life? The mastery will definitely go to shit.

PLUS not MULTIPLY for a stats will always be horrible due to balancing issues.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-01-07 at 02:51 PM.