Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bashda View Post
    No, they literally do not matter, they aren't even in the game technically. It's an addon, the meters do not affect the boss, or your dps, or anyone elses dps. They do nothing but give you a number, and that number doesnt do anything
    those LFR raids must be exciting

Gah, stop whining. Stop wanting to streamline everything to the point of nonexistence. This game needs more glaring differences and imbalances, not less. It's great that some specs and classes are better or worse at particular things than others.

Thats the price you have to pay for playing most braindead dps spec in WoW

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Its actually smart.

Its part of Blizzards efforts to rotate around whats out of balance so people switch to that and keep playing/paying.

Bigger numbers on an addon = "I'm pro", "I'm better than you", "I've achieved something" and thus "I'll keep giving Blizzard my money".

These devs see the same data we see, if balance was their goal then there would have been a shit ton of balance changes over the last decade.

But they walk the line of intellectual dishonesty by presenting the illusion of "balance" because they know that the psychology behind why people keep playing their game includes the para-delusion of ego that accompanies things like seeing big numbers on an addon - more specifically that other people can see it too.

MECHANICAL balance IS the goal for blizz. but there are not enough gods in the multiverse to help you if you suck donkey balls and cant play no matter what.

Player issues =/= balance issues

stop sucking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    "I am top!". But: he did not use cr when needed / Skip a mechanic and lead to someone elses death / Does not avoid bad stuff and put massive pressure on healers / Focusing only one low priority target.

I can go on, and you can keep your meters.
    I'm inclined to strongly disagree.

Why would doing well on the metres automatically make you worse at mechanics than someone lower down?

What would you rather have, a person that doesn't stand in the fire and is playing a class that does lots of dps, or a person that doesn't stand in the fire and is playing a class that doesn't do a lot of dps?

In this current version of WoW when there's almost zero utility brought to a raid by DPS except DPS, astonishingly enough, DPS is actually a big deal. It's not like it used to be, where you'd still bring that enhance shaman even if they weren't the best, because utility.

You're physically making fights harder for your team, the lower your DPS is. End of story. And please don't say, "WELL you just need to execute it better, you can still succeed with sub-par DPS classes" - I know this. Everyone fucking knows this. It's still harder. That's not really up for dispute. And people are allowed to feel bad about feeling like they're not pulling their weight, it's not a crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    You must be kidding right? i talk about raiding spreadout cleave or cleave with 1 maybe 2 adds up and no beastcleave cant save me on those situations.
    Gee, if only you had a spec that could cleave in an enormous area...

Play MM or stop complaining, BM doesn't need to be just as strong when it comes to hitting everything in sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    MECHANICAL balance IS the goal for blizz. but there are not enough gods in the multiverse to help you if you suck donkey balls and cant play no matter what.

Player issues =/= balance issues

stop sucking
    Hey thanks for proving my point.

When I said this...

Bigger numbers on an addon = "I'm pro", "I'm better than you", "I've achieved something" and thus "I'll keep giving Blizzard my money".

But they walk the line of intellectual dishonesty by presenting the illusion of "balance" because they know that the psychology behind why people keep playing their game includes the para-delusion of ego that accompanies things like seeing big numbers on an addon - more specifically that other people can see it too.
    ...I was talking about the type of person who gets their ego stroked by numbers on an addon.

An extension of which is people, like you obviously, who go around telling others they "suck".

Blizzard didn't get to be the #1 MMO for over a decade without knowing how to cater to a wide variety of consumers in the gaming market.

That includes the type who are looking for some sort of substantiation that they have "accomplished" something ...even if that substantiation can be programmed in as a default reward for picking one spec and pressing one button.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpIsPresident View Post
    Hey thanks for proving my point.

When I said this...

...I was talking about the type of person who gets their ego stroked by numbers on an addon.

An extension of which is people, like you obviously, who go around telling others they "suck".

Blizzard didn't get to be the #1 MMO for over a decade without knowing how to cater to a wide variety of consumers in the gaming market.

That includes the type who are looking for some sort of substantiation that they have "accomplished" something ...even if that substantiation can be programmed in as a default reward for picking one spec and pressing one button.
    it was more a general reply than a specific thing. and honestly, how many people come to the forums looking for help on why they suck at dps vs complaining that blizz screwed their class and it needs massive buffs

Figures that hunter would make such a thread

Play a strong single target like lock or priest.

you are obviously more concern with damage meters than you are are truly understanding the game.

Just because a hunter tops a dungeon because he barrage a pack of 10 shitmobs doesn't make him a good player. you are easily convinced else wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    You play a class that has a spec capable of putting out insane DPS and you pick a different spec and say there is nothing you can do?

Have you considered switching specs?
    Switching specs? That seems like a lot of work. I'm pretty sure Blizzard intends people to only play 1 spec ever and never change it.

If my spec sucks I shouldn't have to change it, Blizz should just buff it until it's the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    Figures that hunter would make such a thread
    Are you insinuating Hunters aren't smart? How dare you!

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think you mean Meters don't matter to you. Not cool to impose your own views on others bro.
    And yet the majority of the people that think they do matter tend to impose. Kinda ironic don't you think?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    A BM hunter complaining about cleave when their cleave mechanic is a no-brainer... What a day!
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Quote Originally Posted by bashda View Post
    No, they literally do not matter, they aren't even in the game technically. It's an addon, the meters do not affect the boss, or your dps, or anyone elses dps. They do nothing but give you a number, and that number doesnt do anything
    Lmao what?

Those numbers do plenty. It shows who needs to be removed for performing poorly when in a pug or even a guild run. You can easily pinpoint weak points in your raid with meters. They do a lot.

Do they matter in LFR? Nope.

Do they matter in organized raiding? Absolutely. It's what raid leaders use to see how well people are performing and if someone is holding back the group with poor performance you can easily check with meters. 160k dps instead of 200k dps can easily make or break a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Lmao what?

Those numbers do plenty. It shows who needs to be removed for performing poorly when in a pug or even a guild run. You can easily pinpoint weak points in your raid with meters. They do a lot.

Do they matter in LFR? Nope.

Do they matter in organized raiding? Absolutely. It's what raid leaders use to see how well people are performing and if someone is holding back the group with poor performance you can easily check with meters. 160k dps instead of 200k dps can easily make or break a fight.
    The numbers themselves do not do anything though. It depends on a point of view, a hardcore guild goes for said 200k, but said 200k isnt really needed in a simple have fun guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Meters don't matter. Check your ego.
    In PVE there is only one god damn way to show something for yourself: the meter.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy Thread Necro Batman!

Wow is about AOE now. Way back it was single target all the way and AOE was a niche needed in a few encounters. Now single target is the niche, play a class with good AOE if meters matter to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think you mean Meters don't matter to you. Not cool to impose your own views on others bro.
    Well, he's right to an extent. They only matter in terms of who your weakest link might be, and if you're hitting enrage timers. Anything else is basically self congratulatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Meters don't matter. Check your ego.
    Actually, after 2-3 months of the same boring raid instance, beating your friends on the DPS meters is about the only thing that makes showing up interesting.