Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Go back to your own universe you overgrown spider.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    img
    I approve, Mr. Overgrown Spider Friend
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

I by no means think that the Russian elections are free and fair, Putin is a thug and is probably responsible for the deaths of thousands of people, but to think that the US isn't attempting to do whatever they can covertly to undermine political leaders around the world that they want out of power is a bit naive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought you couldn't trust anything the FBI said.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Cool. And we don't approve of that either so what's your point?
    So if we're gonna attempt to fuck with them why are you suprised / upset that they're doing it back to us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    So if we're gonna attempt to fuck with them why are you suprised / upset that they're doing it back to us?
    So you're saying no action should be taken at all? World politics isn't a game of getting even.

I wouldn't be. But it doesn't mean I can't be against both actions. Especially since one of them has zero evidence and you're just spouting nonsense. If Russia wants to investigate it themselves and do something about it they can.
    They did do something about it, they attempted to interfere with our US election (of which todays de-classified report says even Russia had declared their attempts a failure and instead moved towards portraying Hillary in a negative light after becoming president).

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    So you're saying no action should be taken at all? World politics isn't a game of getting even.
    Well they concluded we fucked with them, and responded by then fucking with us.

By your logic we shouldn't take any action at all against them, because "world politics isn't a game of getting even".

We should instead allow Trump attempt to form some kind of diplomatic relationship with them (which I hope Trump doesn't do, because Putin only cares about himself).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they concluded we fucked with them, and responded by then fucking with us.

By your logic we shouldn't take any action at all against them, because "world politics isn't a game of getting even".

We should instead allow Trump attempt to form some kind of diplomatic relationship with them (which I hope Trump doesn't do, because Putin only cares about himself).
    Getting even would be you fuck with me, I fuck with you and boom alls fair. Except as I said that's not the case. My logic is that it's a never ending battle. All we can hope is it never escalates to seriously dangerous levels but actions such as the ones Russia did cannot go unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Thanks for making this thread. I just posted a similar story and link in another thread.

Honestly, this idea that Russians "hacked" the elections should just fall under conspiracy theories now.

It has been debunked so hard that only rabid anti-trumpers believe this garbage.
    We have intelligence officials who have released intel stating that Russians interfered with the election in numerous ways, including hacking DNC email servers and participating in a fake news/disinformation campaign.

Call it what you want, Trump is an idiot for trying to claim that it did not influence the election because clearly it did. Would have Clinton been elected if Russians weren't involved in the election? Shrug.

Trump is such a vile human being that he should have lost by a landslide, in my opinion something far more went wrong than simply Russian interference.

the thing is Russia didn't hack the elections, they may have influenced them but hacking implies they directly manipulated the results of the voting machines or votes in general. As far as I can remember, they didn't. On one side, the 3rd party company the DNC hired to hand over their servers seems a bit odd, like the DNC was hiding something, but on the other hand maybe they are just incompetent. With all the intelligence agencies agreeing that Russia had some influence in the election, I agree that Russia isn't a friend to the US, and while they may have helped Trump get elected, they should still get a warning or whatever. You have to realize foreign governments have been influencing elections for years now, and when they finally get caught everyone makes a big deal just because its Russia?

also couldn't we blame the hacking on Julian Assange or anonymous or something instead? i remember anonymous posting a video asserting they will take down Hillary somewhere.

Getting even would be you fuck with me, I fuck with you and boom alls fair. Except as I said that's not the case. My logic is that it's a never ending battle. All we can hope is it never escalates to seriously dangerous levels but actions such as the ones Russia did cannot go unanswered.
    Actions such as pulling back the curtain to how the corrupt the DNC is towards their democratic candidates, how they split Americans into "food groups" based on their race / religion / gender, how they speak about people with religious beliefs. I could go on forever.

If Democrats were equally as "outraged" about the ACTUAL THINGS that the hacking revealed, which were all 100% TRUE, I'd be able to agree with them on their outrage towards Russia. But it sounds like they have no problem with the factual information that was released, and are instead just angry that it hurt them in the election.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    We have intelligence officials who have released intel stating that Russians interfered with the election in numerous ways, including hacking DNC email servers and participating in a fake news/disinformation campaign.

Call it what you want, Trump is an idiot for trying to claim that it did not influence the election because clearly it did. Would have Clinton been elected if Russians weren't involved in the election? Shrug.

Trump is such a vile human being that he should have lost by a landslide, in my opinion something far more went wrong than simply Russian interference.
    I completely agree, and that is the DNC nominating one of the most corrupt politicians of all time, Hillary Clinton, to be their candidate.

There's really not anything to be outraged about though. It a was smear campaign just full of out of context emails and completely fabricated stories.
    Right, completely fabricated. Except they were the exact emails being sent throughout the DNC word for word.

More sanctions for fucking with another countries elections. Now, let's go back to arming rebels, assassinating heads of state and planting leaders of our choice.

Please, show me a single email that proves wrongdoing of any kind.

They're mostly out of context and you trump supporters create context for them. Like the entire idea of Podesta's email password being "password".
    How about we start with Donna Brazile giving debate questions to Hillary Clinton for the CNN debate vs. Bernie Sanders ahead of time so she could prepare her answers?

Actions such as pulling back the curtain to how the corrupt the DNC is towards their democratic candidates, how they split Americans into "food groups" based on their race / religion / gender, how they speak about people with religious beliefs. I could go on forever.

If Democrats were equally as "outraged" about the ACTUAL THINGS that the hacking revealed, which were all 100% TRUE, I'd be able to agree with them on their outrage towards Russia. But it sounds like they have no problem with the factual information that was released, and are instead just angry that it hurt them in the election..
    I'm not a democrat, but I found the emails very distasteful and definitely revealed the DNC's biased towards Hillary over Bernie, which did lead to their defeat. However, the DNC, along with the RNC, are private institutions (read: not government entities), therefore their biased isn't uncommon.

I want you to do a mental exercise for me. I know this will be a hypothetical and doesn't in anyway detract from the DNC information.
    At the start of the the primaries, do you think the RNC was communicating Trump praises internally? If you answered yes, I think you'd be delusional, considering the RNC was openly AGAINST Trump at the start of the primaries. Just look back at Reince's interviews in that time frame. They weren't pretty.

So the RNC was biased as well, and probably communicated some nasty stuff too in emails. It's just that their terrible candidate squeaked out a victory over the democrats terrible candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by belleflop View Post
    I'm not a democrat, but I found the emails very distasteful and definitely revealed the DNC's biased towards Hillary over Bernie, which did lead to their defeat. However, the DNC, along with the RNC, are private institutions (read: not government entities), therefore their biased isn't uncommon.

I want you to do a mental exercise for me. I know this will be a hypothetical and doesn't in anyway detract from the DNC information.
    At the start of the the primaries, do you think the RNC was communicating Trump praises internally? If you answered yes, I think you'd be delusional, considering the RNC was openly AGAINST Trump at the start of the primaries. Just look back at Reince's interviews in that time frame. They weren't pretty.

So the RNC was biased as well, and probably communicated some nasty stuff too in emails. It's just that their terrible candidate squeaked out a victory over the democrats terrible candidate.
    I think Reince was uncomfortable with the unconventional way in which Trump communicated with the people and handled himself.

But no, if you got a hold of the RNC's emails I do not think you would have found Reince showing any favor one way or another for any candidate.

There's a thing called integrity, which he has. Even tho he may not have chosen Trump as his first choice, he wouldn't have cheated the people out of their vote and their choice.

The DNC on the other hand had Hillary chosen as their candidate 8 years ago when she conceded to Obama in 2008. They colluded with and for her to ensure she got elected. There was 0 integrity with their first or second disgraced DNC leaders throughout the campaigns.

Just Curious.

But does the American Intelligence Community have any idea as to what Edward Snowden (ex NSA), is up to in Russia.

Any possibility that he could be behind something in his Dacha in Moscow?

Why is this even up for discussion? It's all one big conspiracy right? ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    That's never going to happen for the same reason their can't be less than four Trump threads on the front page now. Or Obama threads when hating him was in vogue.

- - - Updated - - -

And this post is why I'm ready to hear about the next Russian hacking investigation in a few months.

Never forget Benghazi. If only we would open our eyes to the truth.
    Looking forward to a hearing because you confuse multiple actual hearings with reporting and attempts by intelligence officials to explain rather basic events seems strange...Especially for a Democrat who just can't take the "beating"...otherwise known as discussion.