Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dev Confirmed: Illidan Quest NOT needed to upgrade Legendaries.

Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Yes....

YES...

YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the general rule of thumb for questing is if it's yellow you can choose to ignore it, but if it's orange you NEED to do it.

The Illidan quests are yellow so it makes sense that it's optional, whereas the corrupted essence questline (balance of power) is orange and therefor important.

Nice to see clarity on this though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well thank fuck for that. Hopefully they'll stop adding to that catastrophe of a questline altogether.

I just read the OP of the thread that started this in the raiding forum, where the hell was the proof in the first place?

good means i dont need to do it on 12 toons only 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    I think the general rule of thumb for questing is if it's yellow you can choose to ignore it, but if it's orange you NEED to do it.
    That's not what the quest colour is for...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Inb4 its actually tied to the Balance of Power questline.
    Nothing like farming 30 magical mcguffins with abysmal drop rates in Emerald Nightmare for weeks on end...
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2017-01-07 at 04:15 AM.

So all that salt over nothing. Terrible community confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a great news indeed. The Illidan quest is terrible.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    So all that salt over nothing. Terrible community confirmed.
    What is there to confirm? It's common knowledge by now that the WoW community is terrible.

data mining failed, wow, i guess people can stop bitching about things 3 months before patches are out now?

Sure, I honestly don't know what the source was in the first place. The OP said "by PTR datamining" in the original post, but there was no evidence in the wowhead database. The distilled titan essence was correctly shown to be obtained by quests tied to the nighthold. Nothing suspicious.

Is the whole thing an epic troll?

Apparently people on the PTR were unable to get the quest unless the illidan part done. But its the PTR so things are regularly different too. So instead of waiting for confirmation people jumped on and kept repeating the information until it became the truth.

So yes might have been a link on the PTR but overall I think it was overreaction without confirmation. Much like all the early class changes ended with end of the world my class was nerfed and is now useless (And someone from every class and pretty much every spec has now said that during this PTR cycle). Likely it was accidentally tied to completed class hall progress which then included the illidan line by accident.

Thank god cause I am 5 weeks behind. I did a massive turnover to do those quests on the new main when that rumour came out, but still lots of weeks behind.

Now it doesn't matter!

When such things happen, I always have a strange feeling. I.e. when devs make announcements about such important things at very last moments. I mean, is it possible, that they aren't noticing discussions about such important things? Do they keep players misinformed for such long period of time accidentally or intentionally? Sometimes it feels, that they do it intentionally. May be they want to collect feedback this way? I.e. initially they really wanted to gate it behind this quest line, but backpedalled after hearing tons of negative feedback?

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    When such things happen, I always have a strange feeling. I.e. when devs make announcements about such important things at very last moments. I mean, is it possible, that they aren't noticing discussions about such important things? Do they keep players misinformed for such long period of time accidentally or intentionally? Sometimes it feels, that they do it intentionally. May be they want to collect feedback this way? I.e. initially they really wanted to gate it behind this quest line, but backpedalled after hearing tons of negative feedback?
    This is definitely something I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I think the color is just based on level of difficulty.
    Legendary/artifact related quests have an orange exclamation point instead of a yellow one, sorta like how dailies have a blue one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    This is definitely something I had in mind.
    Its quite possible they are silent and do a 180 when they get that much negative feedback. That way they can say it was their plan all along, like in this example. I feel this has happened many times before. Not sure if I would prefer them admitting to wanting to gate it though...

Quote Originally Posted by Oopsmezedya View Post
    data mining failed, wow, i guess people can stop bitching about things 3 months before patches are out now?
    I would say data mining successful. How do we know it wasn't going to be that way, but with the holiday vacations and what not plus the forum outcry lead to the long delay in it being announced they were changing it.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!