Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Samwise is art director on HOTS. He basically created the whole Blizzard style. He's a god.

I'd imagine HotS also has a dramatically smaller workload and more time to work on content.

It seems more like a labor of love for the artists in HotS, while WoW feels more like artists cranking out art for a product. Not to say WoW art isn't great by any means, but it lacks the emotional sincerity HotS has.

I'm not sure that can be replicated on a large scale in a game like WoW in the way it is present in HotS...

Deleted
    Thats the most retarded thread I have seen here in quite a while!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Well whatever actual engine they use doesn't matter to me. I just want the game to look like HotS.
    hots models are bassicly the same visual look at the current models... the only reason they are able to look so detailed is because when they make a new hero they choose 3 seperate looks then just colour it 3 per....

with wow when they add a new raid they have ALOT MORE work to do.... so if they had much much more time and money, they could make the game as detailed as hots (model wise) but even a teir of armor has to be

normal (with lfr, norm, and heroic colour) and a mythic set, for every class in the game, and model them onto each body type to fit

also wow 2 is a horrible idea....

1. most people play wow because they allready have time devolpped in it
    alot of players if they were told "ok your being reset today, losing all of your progress over 12+ years, do you wanna play this new game? or some other MMO your friends have been asking you to play" would go to the other mmo...
    2. competeing against yourself... if wow 2 came out, wow 1 would end, and the issue with this is alot of players would be EXTREAMLY mad that everything they have is gone, and yes some stuff could transfer over, but not everything...
    3. i could go on for a massive list but i just noticed its like 4:30 am here so im off to bed
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-01-07 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see WC4 instead of Wow2.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    I would love to see WC4 instead of Wow2.
    rts is dead sry

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    rts is dead sry
    Thats okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaziola View Post
    Thats okay.
    Kary is kind of right though. After Starcraft 2 it has died down. Only one worth mentioning these days is Civ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or.... Let them make an entirely new engine with Unreal 4-esq / DX12 support and drop the catering towards the crowd with a pc from the stone-age.
    They can keep doing it the cartoony style but imagine the physics!
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard isn't going to make a WoW 2, first of all. The MMO audience has shrunk too much, and there is too much competition from existing titles and games in other genres,

Second, even if they did, you'd just complain about how dated it looks when it's five or six years old.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you're kidding. HOTS engine is a garbage for 2016 standars, I still enjoy the game but the engine itself is far from being polished after years, sometimes it stutters even on high-end computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Blizzard isn't going to make a WoW 2, first of all. The MMO audience has shrunk too much, and there is too much competition from existing titles and games in other genres,

Second, even if they did, you'd just complain about how dated it looks when it's five or six years old.
    And third. People would just complain it's the same thing with better graphics.

How many times should we say, that problem isn't with engine. Engine won't magically give game super graphics. This is most common delusion between many players - that Unreal Engine 4 would magically turn Wow into modern game. No! Problem is with art - not with engine! Blizzard just don't want to redesign art in whole game - it just simply isn't profitable. Haven't you seen, that new character models are solely so big problem? While you still buy Wow - Blizzard will never make Wow2.

P.S. May be some day, when Blizzard will finally implement level and dungeon scaling (I hope they'll be optional of course - enough mandatory features, like CRZ, for us) - then it will be profitable enough to redesign old zones and dungeons.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-01-07 at 10:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except, there wont ever be a WoW 2.

I wouldn't mind a StarCraft MMO after WoW though.

Deleted
    I doubt WoW 2 will ever happen, but if it does, why would it use outdated graphics instead of brand new ones?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Kary is kind of right though. After Starcraft 2 it has died down. Only one worth mentioning these days is Civ.
    Since when RTS the Civ? Not to mention just because you and the other guy stuck in the last century and in Blizzard`s ass, does not means you are right...you have internet, google it...(1 tip: Total War series..or Cossacks 3...)

*WarCraft IV, not WoW2

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    rts is dead sry
    Because there are not Wc4!

The HotS engine will be way to outdated by the time a WoW 2 would launch, I don't even think its that good looking for todays standards. I doubt that they'd ever invest into another MMORPG though, the genre is pretty much shrinking and Legion continues to see a rapid decline. I remember that Titan was supposed to be their new MMORPG and it got scrapped for a new RTS game with microtransactions, basically the ultimate money maker for this era.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    They should use a newly created next Gen engine that only uses DX12 at a minimum and not even created DX14 for the average Joe. If we could get rid of all the people with casual PCs the glory this game could have!
    The market for a game that requires a high end PC to run on would be tiny compared to todays game, I doubt you would get more than 20k people playing it.

Still nice that you have blamed casual players for the state of wows existing graphics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I think none other than Blizzard can revive that genre. But people wouldn't like a WC4, because Blizzard wouldn't make it the way the want it (WC3 in new). Blizzard would try to make a modern RTS which I'd imagine would be a way more action oriented, moba-esque RTS with heavier focus on the hero than in WC3.

Blizzard would be retarded if they made a WoW2 anyway.

Here's a list of MMO sequels that kept their original playerbase and werent shit in comparison: