Climbed to 3024 the second week on season 3, and since then dropped to 2800 ish, and stayed there. Not playing so much Comp right now since its full of "META" zombified assholes. Prepare for a shitstorm coming your way if you pick Hanzo on defense or if you refuse to be the third tank when the enemy team clearly knows how to counter the 3 tank meta. Having a blast in QM where I can play with torb-bastion or whatever "non-meta" hero, without my team going Indiana Jones about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Yeah, taking out a Pharah is definitely suited to McCree or 76. Other heroes can do so as well, of course, but they're arguably the most efficient. Yet many players just pick an offense hero whilst not being very good at aiming or positioning - so they spend half the match dead or shooting at barriers/shields and feeding enemy ultimates.
    Roadhog is surprisingly good at killing Pharah. I underestimated the range of his hook and his ability to just yank me out of the sky. Hook has a twenty meter range.

Of course, it requires good aim and either a bad or an unaware/distracted Pharah, so not as good as Soldier or McCree.
    Putin khuliyo

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Roadhog is surprisingly good at killing Pharah. I underestimated the range of his hook and his ability to just yank me out of the sky. Hook has a twenty meter range.

Of course, it requires good aim and either a bad or an unaware/distracted Pharah, so not as good as Soldier or McCree.
    if you are getting hooked as pharah you are not doing a very good job at playing pharah.

Formerly known as Arafal

Soldier is so easy to crush people with. Two tank, two heal combo Soldier and basically anyone else and you should be a solid win or at least contending. I forget how broken he is until I end up playing him. Normally I just fill the last slot with what we need and we needed damage, so soldier was open. I selected and god, it was just a killing spree for me. Supports go down so fast to him and if you can sneak in behind for an ult you are basically going to get near a 4 kill.

Sadly, I normally end up Lucio, Reinhardt, Roadhog or rarely Mercy/Zen. Not good enough with Ana yet to pick her. Only other Damage I find nearly as scary is a Genji with a good Comp. Sometimes Pharah, but again, Soldier/McCree make quick work of Pharah. You don't have to be a good aim to knock Pharah out of the sky as Soldier either, just play as her a couple times and you'll realize how her fly mechanic works and you can just wait for her to hover and then slaughter her.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/Darkvoltinx-1966#

17/22. I feel like i hit a wall and i am scrambling to find a way through it
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

7+ Year Old Account
    i just solo healed a team with a golden weapon bastion in comp.
    we won.

was funny.

god bless useful bastions.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witcher Arafal View Post
    if you are getting hooked as pharah you are not doing a very good job at playing pharah.
    Hooking Pharah's is one of my favourite things to do, right behind hooking Tracer. Just have to have decent timing and jump a lot.

Remember people, the game matches you up against people of similar skill. So think of what you are essentially saying when you complain about how bad everyone you play with is.

How is me going up against level 60+ my skill level?
    I even faced 2 people i think around 100

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    How is me going up against level 60+ my skill level?
    I even faced 2 people i think around 100
    the levels you see aren't a measure of skill. You'd hope someone with a high level picks some skill up along the way, but it's more an indication of how long they've been playing the game and not how skilled they are with any given hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just solo healed a team with a golden weapon bastion in comp.
    we won.

was funny.

god bless useful bastions.
    And as someone who loves to play Pharah . . . god bless useless Bastions.

So long as they're on the other team.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    the levels you see aren't a measure of skill. You'd hope someone with a high level picks some skill up along the way, but it's more an indication of how long they've been playing the game and not how skilled they are with any given hero.
    They are a measure of experience, and that shows massively.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It basically shows that all that experience they have didn't really pay off if they are still stuck down in my sucky league.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-01-07 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends.

I do alright on Pharah, 76 and Tracer. I'm learning Zarya, Sombra, and D'Va.

And I'll fucking suck hardcore if I try McCree.

So level doesn't really mean much unless I'm on my best characters.
    Putin khuliyo

one would hope, but a shit ton of time on one character doesn't always translate well into another.

10+ Year Old Account
    one would hope, but a shit ton of time on one character doesn't always translate well into another.
    Of course I've spent 5 minutes on Genji and I'm absolutely lamentable, but many skills and knowledges do transfer like knowing the map, flanking routes, health packs, general strategies. Also observing what other players do with those heroes both as allies and enemies. There is a lot experience can do to outwit newer players who can just shoot straighter.

Also worth noting that the distribution of players is still very much peaked in the middle, where it's a huge mixer and that's where new players are thrown in; not at the bottom to work their way up.

One match with 4 levels 60s on the enemy team.
    Enemy team on defense
    My team offense.

My team could not event get through the main door. They had one tank and we had 2. We still lost. They pinched us tracer and sombra hit us from behind while we are trying to push in.

Experience always wins

I started to practice Mccree..... god, i'm awful. I can aim relatevely well with Soldier, Dva, Zarya, Zen and i even started to track well as Tracer but the cowboy is still a mistery for me. God, i'm so mad at myself for that. >.<
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

7+ Year Old Account
    i kinda regret buying the golden weapon for widow.

like, i used to main her, but after not playing her for like.... 1... 2... 3.... maybe 4 months.

well, you do lose quite some skill after that amount time.

- - - Updated - - -

also, can someone please explain me why are people more willing to win in qp than in comp?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2017-01-07 at 08:18 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

15+ Year Old Account
    i kinda regret buying the golden weapon for widow.

like i used to main her, but after not playing her for like.... 1... 2... 3.... maybe 4 months.

well, you do lose quite some skill after that amount time.

- - - Updated - - -

also, can someone please explain me why are people more willing to win in qp than in comp?
    They are? I must be in the Twilight Zone.