Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sadly, I don't anything but F2P minigames in Blizzard's future. Overwatch only came up because they most work from Titan.
    I mean, why invest millions of money and years for a game (and taking a huge risk) if you can create a dozen skins and sell for the same?
    Yes, I'm being salty here, but as long as people buy cosmetic itens for the price of full games, that's what they will get.

Now, @Topic, I would hope they would do much better graphics than HotS for a future MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by shapookya View Post
    I think none other than Blizzard can revive that genre. But people wouldn't like a WC4, because Blizzard wouldn't make it the way the want it (WC3 in new). Blizzard would try to make a modern RTS which I'd imagine would be a way more action oriented, moba-esque RTS with heavier focus on the hero than in WC3.
    I mean, they are the only company with a rts that has any sort of popularity now, lol. And why would they cannibalize their own playerbase? WC4 died the second WoW became a thing; mmos are better for telling stories anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    The heroes in HotS are simply stunning, while still having the art direction and feel of current WoW.

I really hope the eventual WoW successor utilizes similar graphics. Would be both a gorgeous game and accessible to the masses.

Here's to hoping!
    Except that I don't think you want WoW2 to be a RTS. Also important to note that the models in HotS are pretty barebones, they can just afford to use what appear to be very complex textures as the characters are tiny.

WoW 2, haha, that's a good one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Blizzard would be retarded if they made a WoW2 anyway.

Here's a list of MMO sequels that kept their original playerbase and werent shit in comparison:
    Yeah, there is no way they would be able to recreate what they have going here with WoW and they know it too. Especially after they scrapped Titan it was fairly obvious that even Blizzard has realized that there is no point in investing heavily into a new MMO(RPG).

Deleted
    An isometric mmorpg?

That would be way too oldschool in a world with games based on voxel engines.

As someone who has played HotS extensively since it was in technical alpha, I sure hope not. The engine looks stunning but it honestly runs like crap. It would need a serious overhaul to be able to do anything that is needed for an MMO.

I would rather they focus on performance, instead of more eye-candy for the minority.
    I realise this isn't a trivial matter, but better multi-threading support has huge potential for improving the experience a lot on lower-end machines.
    And by keeping a good experience for a wider variety of players, it could very easily have a positive effect on subscriber numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    As someone who has played HotS extensively since it was in technical alpha, I sure hope not. The engine looks stunning but it honestly runs like crap. It would need a serious overhaul to be able to do anything that is needed for an MMO.
    I thought it was pretty much just a modified version of their SC engine? Also having unique models where you can add plasticity over a bunch of armor sets where everything has to fit 25 other models is not exactly the acomplishment of the engine ..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I thought it was pretty much just a modified version of their SC engine? Also having unique models where you can add plasticity over a bunch of armor sets where everything has to fit 25 other models is not exactly the acomplishment of the engine ..
    It is. The main problem with using it for more than just a few players is that everything happening is sent to EVERYONE. Every client must be perfectly synced at all times. So if there's even the slightest packet loss, you're lagging. The engine simply refuses to "continue" if the next data packet is not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It is. The main problem with using it for more than just a few players is that everything happening is sent to EVERYONE. Every client must be perfectly synced at all times. So if there's even the slightest packet loss, you're lagging. The engine simply refuses to "continue" if the next data packet is not available.
    Well the net code in WoW is certainly more forgiving which is boon to quite a few people with shitty connections, but it also allows for hillariously wide ranges of abuse. Not sure if they fixed that by now, but you could literally unplug your connection while on a flying mount, traverse a cave to some hard/unreachable spots and put it back in just to have the server acknowledge all that und register your character on that spot and keep playing from that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    I doubt we see WoW2 and after Titan failure, I'd be surprised if Blizzard tries a new MMO
    Of course we will see Wow 2. Do you think they will just let Wow fade? It needs a new engine but has very very rich profitable lore. It's nailed on. Millions will come back and they will make it integratable with mobiles. They can't do that with the current incarnation. Machines can display graphics we dream of for this game but will need a rewrite.

Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Since when RTS the Civ? Not to mention just because you and the other guy stuck in the last century and in Blizzard`s ass, does not means you are right...you have internet, google it...(1 tip: Total War series..or Cossacks 3...)
    And how many people are playing them compared to when SC2 was at is peak? But sure say I'm "in Blizzards's ass" because I brought up an RTS that was highly successful. Only argument you seem to have. I don't think you even know what it means to be either since I'm not an employee or defending them. I used an example of one of the most successful RTS games for it's time which even that has died down in popularity.

I can name plenty before Starcraft 2. Command and Conquer, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Dune, Total Annihilation and so on. How many people are playing Total War: Warhammer for example right now? According to Steam Charts 15,000 in a 24 hour peak.

The RTS genre has definitely died down since the earlier days and Starcraft 2 because it is stale as hell.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-01-07 at 12:54 PM.

WoW 2 will most likely never happen and if it does it will kill playerbase. Only thing how they could keep players is to remake whole engine which is almost impossible. Rewriting millions of lines of code would be waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Well the net code in WoW is certainly more forgiving which is boon to quite a few people with shitty connections, but it also allows for hillariously wide ranges of abuse. Not sure if they fixed that by now, but you could literally unplug your connection while on a flying mount, traverse a cave to some hard/unreachable spots and put it back in just to have the server acknowledge all that und register your character on that spot and keep playing from that point.
    Oh, I did that for the rare jade spider in Deepholm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    The market for a game that requires a high end PC to run on would be tiny compared to todays game, I doubt you would get more than 20k people playing it.

Still nice that you have blamed casual players for the state of wows existing graphics.
    I didn't blame casual players, I blame people with casual PCs. There is a difference!

I was actually just being a smart ass. I thought Elder Scroll Online did a really good job of having a game engine that scaled. You had everything from very nice to something that looked like an Atari 2600

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I didn't blame casual players, I blame people with casual PCs. There is a difference!
    The most casual form of PC is called console (even cheaper then a ultra budget pc really) , and yes while it's not suited for some genres it's still dividing game design, some pc games are just lazy ports those days, and if anything a new blizzard mmo or RTS or anything should never hit consoles.

PC games been getting more hardware demanding the last 2 or so years even moreso, especially Vram , ram , SSD, multicore becoming more mainstream.

Sure hardware demand always been there, but not as drastic as the difference between a regular office pc and a game pc these days, even with internal graphics into CPU now.

Gameplay > > > > > > > Graphics always.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-01-08 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Gameplay > > > > > > > Graphics always.
    Did you miss the part where I said I was being a smartass?

Is there some reason they wouldn't just use the Overwatch engine? I mean, wasn't it originally intended to be used for an MMO in the form of Titan anyway?

I think the more important question here is: Will an MMO on the same scale as WoW actually be successful in today's gaming market? I suspect not. Although if anyone would be able to pull it off, it would be Blizzard by banking on the heavy player investment and loyalty to their products.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    The heroes in HotS are simply stunning, while still having the art direction and feel of current WoW.

I really hope the eventual WoW successor utilizes similar graphics. Would be both a gorgeous game and accessible to the masses.

Here's to hoping!
    I thought everybody was sharing the opinion that HotS is an artistically bad game,with 9 out of 10 ugly skins and badly designed characters. Oh,well i guess its my circle of friends and me then.

10+ Year Old Account
    WC4 would be an instant seller. Blizz knows this, WC3 fanatics know this, I know this. I'm awake, i'm awake...