Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What "Freeked "me out was when that US Senator said this was an "Act of War"

Yeah..blow up the World on some stupid Democratic Party sad loss lies...why not

So, Russia pointed out the obvious that there was massive collusion and corruption in the US media by releasing legitimate documents that the US media didn't want you to see?

This all reminds me of how the media used fake news to push public support for invading Iraq. Its like another example of attempting to change the public perception similar to how many people linked Saddam Hussein and 9/11.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    I'll be honest, it's rich seeing liberals saying positive things about the intelligence community. It's been what, 15+ years since that's happened?

The same people that were praising Wiki Leaks and Edward Snowden a couple years ago are now shitting on them because they don't like the 100% factual information they leaked about how corrupt the DNC is.

Ahhh the hypocrisy. But then again they're liberals, it's what they do best. #MAGA!
    And it is totally not like Republicans are not switching from 'lock Assange up' and the like to praising him. They are totally immune to hypocrisy (and sarcasm?).

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    So, Russia pointed out the obvious that there was massive collusion and corruption in the US media by releasing legitimate documents that the US media didn't want you to see?

This all reminds me of how the media used fake news to push public support for invading Iraq. Its like another example of attempting to change the public perception similar to how many people linked Saddam Hussein and 9/11.
    Again, not sure why people keep acting like the DNC hack was the sole extent of Russia's actions. The public report isn't long. There's no excuse for not having read it.

Even if you're fine with them stealing from the DNC there's troubling information in there beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    And it is totally not like Republicans are not switching from 'lock Assange up' and the like to praising him. They are totally immune to hypocrisy (and sarcasm?).
    Julian Assange is one of Australia's/ Ecuador's Top Hackers.

Once he gets settled in Quito when this shit s has died down
    he will help make Ecuador Great Again.

I can picture Putin waking up, reading his journal and thinking "Well, this is going to be an interesting day..... more coffee."

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    When the FBI announced re-opening their investigation, remember all the "FBI IS COLLUDING WITH TRUMP TO INFLUENCE THE ELECTION" hysteria? Afterward, now it's "We must trust our intelligence agencies if they say Russia hacked us."
    You know those things aren't exclusive? The issue with the first part was never the trustworthiness of the investigation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Russia influenced the elections with truth. Act of War!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Aaand zero relevance.
    Well, ofc it is relevant in terms of basing accusations on so called intel which then turned out to be completely made up. And acting on it. Like the 2nd war on Iraq. Where the heroes who started it then chickened out and left a country in chaos and ruins only to become the breeding ground for ISIS.

Americans always blaming the Russians with NO Physical proof.

What a dangerous race

Glad I am Aussie

Deleted
    The list is pretty funny, and not just because an open warmonger like Clinton would have been an insult to national leadership everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    • The report suggests that Mr. Putin believes the combination of hacking and leaks is a low-risk, high-impact way to influence other countries — and that Russia is likely to keep trying the same methods against the United States and other countries.
    Sounds fantastic to me. Government operating in the purview of the public? God, what a nightmare!

The CIA flunkies are shitting their pants right now because they know they've lost control of the narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wonder, if i just happened to move to US on the day of the election, pay money or convince someone to vote for Trump, does it counts as an act of war or involvement of Russia into US elections? This whole situation is just silly
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Putin was mad cause the US leaked that Putin had $2 billion in a Panamanian bank account and he was mad at Clinton who he thought was sure to be the winner and he wanted his buddy Trump to win.

You have to go to the link to see the evidence cause they didn't post text, it's images

http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/us...ck-report.html

The office of the director of national intelligence on Friday released a long-awaited unclassified version of its report for President Obama on what the intelligence agencies said was a multifaceted attempt to influence the 2016 presidential election. The report included only the agencies’ conclusions, not the actual intelligence or technical information on which they were based.
    Here are some major findings, with comments by The New York Times. The full report is available here.
    A strong statement from three intelligence agencies.
    Photo

• In unequivocal language, the report pins responsibility for the election attack directly on President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, ruling out the possibility that it was ordered by intelligence officials or simply carried out by Kremlin supporters.
    • United States officials believe Mr. Putin wants to damage the image of American democracy to make it less attractive to Russians and their neighbors.
    _____
    Russia took sides in the U.S. election.
    Photo

• Notably, the report concludes that Russia sought not only to damage Hillary Clinton, whom it thought likely to win, but actually tried to help elect Donald J. Trump.
    • The C.I.A., F.B.I. and N.S.A. agreed on nearly everything in the report, but here we see that the N.S.A. was less certain than the other agencies that Russia was trying to help Mr. Trump.
    _____
    Putin saw this attack as payback.
    Photo

• An important insight into Mr. Putin’s thinking: He already blamed the United States for multiple campaigns against Russia, including the release of the Panama Papers, showing offshore accounts hiding the fortunes of some of his closest friends and allies, and the exposure of Russian athletes for doping. For him, this was payback.
    • There is no evidence suggesting that the United States government had a role in releasing the Panama Papers, and while American officials complained of Russian doping, there is no basis to suggest that they fabricated evidence of it.
    _____
    Putin held a grudge against Clinton.
    Photo

• The election attack was personal, the report concludes: Mr. Putin thought Mrs. Clinton had insulted him and encouraged demonstrations against him in Russia.
    _____
    Trump’s business background appealed to Putin.
    Photo

• A new observation: Mr. Putin has enjoyed close relations with some Western leaders who had personal business ties to Russia. The report suggests he may have seen Mr. Trump in a similar light, though the Trump Organization has no major projects in Russia.
    _____
    The election attack was part of a larger campaign.
    Photo

• While the intelligence agencies see the leak of hacked materials to influence the election as “unprecedented,” they view it as part of a familiar Russian information strategy using every form of contemporary media to influence public opinion.
    _____
    The hacking was done by Russian intelligence.
    Photo

• The report’s most specific finding on hacking tracks with what cybersecurity experts have said: that two different hacking groups attacked Democratic targets, one described here as “Russian intelligence,” the other more specifically as the G.R.U., Russian military intelligence.
    • Contrary to expectations, the report says nothing about the forensic analysis or American spying on which the conclusions are based.
    _____
    The key was not hacking but leaking.
    • Here the report accuses the Russian government of going beyond standard cyberespionage, in which hacking is used to get information, to an attack by releasing the information to influence the election.
    Photo

• As expected, the agencies accuse the G.R.U. of being behind Guccifer 2.0 and DCLeaks.com, two outlets that released hacked emails and documents, and with supplying hacked emails to WikiLeaks, though it does not suggest WikiLeaks editors necessarily knew the source.
    _____
    Evidence that Russia was happy Trump won.
    Photo

• The report cites positive Russian news coverage of Mr. Trump’s victory as confirmation that Mr. Putin’s government took sides in the election.
    • In the agencies’ view, the Russian government sees Mr. Trump’s victory as one in a series of wins for populist movements championed by Mr. Putin.
    _____
    This will happen again.
    Photo

• The report suggests that Mr. Putin believes the combination of hacking and leaks is a low-risk, high-impact way to influence other countries — and that Russia is likely to keep trying the same methods against the United States and other countries.
    They changed votes? Like with what, an eraser?
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Americans always blaming the Russians with NO Physical proof.

What a dangerous race

Glad I am Aussie
    What kind of physical proof do you expect there to be of a digital crime?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of physical proof do you expect there to be of a digital crime?
    A digital crime requires hardware and people. Hardware is physical. People are physical.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    A digital crime requires hardware and people. Hardware is physical. People are physical.
    Computers also have physical and digital addresses which can be traced. (Hack traced to computer in Russian territory, for example - which also didn't happen in this case)

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wouldn't both of that be in Russia/belong to Russian spy agencies then, if they perpetrated the hack?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    The whole "russian hysteria" meme confuses me. Like are we pretending Russia hasn't been trying to expand? Ukraine still has Crimea? Isn't funding right wing parties across Europe?
    If we are gonna play that card, i'd rather have a country fund right wing parties than religious extremists.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't both of that be in Russia/belong to Russian spy agencies then, if they perpetrated the hack?
    If you can physically prove that that's the case...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side