Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Americans always blaming the Russians with NO Physical proof.

What a dangerous race

Glad I am Aussie
    "Physical proof"? What the heck are you talking about.

... Also, americans are no "race".

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    If you can physically prove that that's the case...
    Yeah, I don't know how one would produce a 'physical' proof for that, especially without raiding whoever did it. That's why I was confused that he was so adamant about only accept physical ones and not digital proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Aaand zero relevance.
    As facebook link on first page shows, "all 16 intelligence agencies agreed!" on Iraq WMDs.

https://www.facebook.com/socasusa/vi...3065655731319/

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Yeah, I don't know how one would produce a 'physical' proof for that, especially without raiding whoever did it. That's why I was confused that he was so adamant about only accept physical ones and not digital proof.
    I didn't say it's easy to get physical proof. But if you don't have it - don't throw baseless accusations around.
    Digital proof is impossible. It's even easier to forge.
    Like how do you even know that the list of IP addresses that was given to public as part of this witch hunt is a real deal? You don't and most amusingly it doesn't point to Russia at all anyway, it points practically to anyone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Satisfied with hysteria if 'tolerant liberals'
    Especially when 'hacking' was transformed into 'Putin's orders'
    I used to think that amercian intelligence was run by professionals, not by a bunch of corrupt clowns

P.S. Still no evidence, just blah-blah-blah

Quote Originally Posted by petok View Post
    Satisfied with hysteria if 'tolerant liberals'
    Especially when 'hacking' was transformed into 'Putin's orders'
    I used to think that amercian intelligence was run by professionals, not by a bunch of corrupt clowns

P.S. Still no evidence, just blah-blah-blah
    Complete lack of oversight or required results breeds total incompetence and nepotism.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    So any real evidence of this besides conjecture?
    Your idiot-elect Trump agreed with the conclusions of the intelligance services, after downplaying / lying about it the past 2 months. That you question Trump's judgement now is reasonable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Your idiot-elect Trump agreed with the conclusions of the intelligance services, after downplaying / lying about it the past 2 months. That you question Trump's judgement now is reasonable though.
    I'm sure it's too much to ask for you to source your claims.

Seems the echochamber is jumping to foregone conclusions and lying yet again.
    Last edited by Daerio; 2017-01-07 at 02:40 PM.

What kind of physical proof do you expect there to be of a digital crime?
    Well, if there is no physical proof, how did they come to the conclusion it was putin? Probabilities?

There are several ways to provide physical evidence. Digitan fingerprints, for example. Another way would be to cite sources (agents, informants etc.) in russia. But they have none of that. What so ever. Or rather: they didn't present any of it, yet.
    Last edited by Skulltaker; 2017-01-07 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, if there is no physical proof, how did they come to the conclusion it was putin? Probabilities?
    The one analysis offered by that third-party corporation supposedly brought in to examine the server after the DNC hack (Podesta's emails, I guess?) essentially said "known Russian methods" were used.

In reality we know that he responded to a phishing email from what is essentially a Russian google email account, and his password was "password". It may have been someone living in Russia, or it may have been a 14 year old American who decided to make a Russian email account that anyone in the world has access to.

What is very unlikely, however, is that a high-end Russian intelligence agency would be using a public Russian google email account to phish for state secrets. That's what we know about "proof" surrounding this hack.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    Sounds fantastic to me. Government operating in the purview of the public? God, what a nightmare!

The CIA flunkies are shitting their pants right now because they know they've lost control of the narrative.
    They're really not. Because, you know, that's an overly dramatic and pathetically hyperbolic narrative. If they're concerned at all it's because they realize they have to provide intelligence to an intellectual disinterested incoming president who panders to a support base which thrives on willful ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    They're really not. Because, you know, that's an overly dramatic and pathetically hyperbolic narrative. If they're concerned at all it's because they realize they have to provide intelligence to an intellectual disinterested incoming president who panders to a support base which thrives on willful ignorance.
    That's why the CIA and NSA are leaking things directly to the media before the PE is briefed?

Is the CIA and the NSA supposed to be trying to actively influence American public opinion? Is that what we fund this organization for? It seems to me they've begun using propaganda tactics against our own people and against the current elected government. That's a pretty extreme divide, and they're firmly on the wrong side of it. It's bad enough when they're caught doing it in foreign nations, but within our own is also firmly illegal.

If they aren't shitting their pants already, they should be.

It's somewhat entertaining, from a non-American perspective, to see how prevalent the Cold War mentality continues to be.

As for the phoney outrage, I'd put that down to the fact that America isn't used to having its own politics meddled with. They're accustomed to doing the meddling.

That's why the CIA and NSA are leaking things directly to the media before the PE is briefed?

Is the CIA and the NSA supposed to be trying to actively influence American public opinion? Is that what we fund this organization for? It seems to me they've begun using propaganda tactics against our own people and against the current elected government. That's a pretty extreme divide, and they're firmly on the wrong side of it. It's bad enough when they're caught doing it in foreign nations, but within our own is also firmly illegal.

If they aren't shitting their pants already, they should be.
    Oh, how Trumpian you. Do tell, what did those leaks actually accomplish that the unveiling of the report a few hours later didn't?

So it's not so much propaganda as it is your penchant for dramatic nonsense and ignorance.

The one analysis offered by that third-party corporation supposedly brought in to examine the server after the DNC hack (Podesta's emails, I guess?) essentially said "known Russian methods" were used.

In reality we know that he responded to a phishing email from what is essentially a Russian google email account, and his password was "password". It may have been someone living in Russia, or it may have been a 14 year old American who decided to make a Russian email account that anyone in the world has access to.

What is very unlikely, however, is that a high-end Russian intelligence agency would be using a public Russian google email account to phish for state secrets. That's what we know about "proof" surrounding this hack.
    Well, this is just it. that's not proof. If I cook a meal using 'known american methods' doesn't mean I am an american. So yeah. It is circumstential evidence at best, and not even that. All they have is a motive, but there are several people inside and outside of the US who'd want to hurt the US. Ideologists for example, whom I always found to be extremly dangerous, bordering the fanatic.

What kind of physical proof do you expect there to be of a digital crime?
    The more important question is what proof, physical or otherwise are they able to understand and accept that would cause them to abandon a position that they are wholely invested in?

The answer is none, as they lack the required objectivity to allow for an actual debate and discussion.
    Last edited by NYC17; 2017-01-07 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Well, this is just it. that's not proof. If I cook a meal using 'known american methods' doesn't mean I am an american. So yeah. It is circumstential evidence at best, and not even that. All they have is a motive, but there are several people inside and outside of the US who'd want to hurt the US. Ideologists for example, whom I always found to be extremly dangerous, bordering the fanatic.
    It's enough proof for the fanatics to call for war with Russia because their queen bitch lost.

It's enough proof for the fanatics to call for war with Russia because their queen bitch lost.
    Who has called for that? So dramatic

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Who has called for that? So dramatic
    More then enough idiots saying stupid shit like 'they need to be reigned it, with force if necessariy'. Of course, they are not the only idiots out there. Plenty of stupid going around in all camps.

Propaganda (or fake news, as we call it these days), was always used to inflame the stupid masses. "Our religion is the only true one!" "Our superior genes give us the right to rule!" "Terrorists are planning to kill YOU!" Same story.

The CIA used to have to burn a lot of effort (Operation Mockingbird comes to mind) to covertly disseminate the preferred narrative of the intelligence community, but these days, the American media are such a bunch of useless, duplicitous attention whores that they'll happily just serve as a mouthpiece for whatever propaganda comes out. It's really pretty remarkable how many nominally left-leaning people have suddenly found a newfound appreciation for the believability of IC narratives.