Deleted

Artifact 54: 15% or 14.5% damage increase?

Everywhere I've read that when you get the 20 extra points on your artifact you should get +15% damage (the last point increases 1% instead of 0.5% according to wowhead) but the tooltip in game says 14.5%. Who is right?

It should be 5% for the first point + 19*.5 = 9.5% -> 5%+9.5% = 14.5%

cant prove it, but in general blizzard always had A LOT of tooltip errors. so its very realistic this is also one of it. besides that, 15% seems a way more realistic number than 14,5% (why should they do a half number as end result ?).

so, its very safe to bet on 15%. but as i said, i have nothing more than logic, to prove that.

what a bunch of fucking illiterates
    even warhammer online had flaweless tooltips and world quest text

Why cant Blizzard into tooltips?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post

i also asked myself why the hell blizzard never fixed the "tooltips are fixed text on clients" problem. even if that codebase is that weird and old, it cant be that fukin complex, to change it, so the tooltip texts get received from their databases. and therefore be customizeable on the fly every time they want to. blizzard is a strange company.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    I know general section is just circle jerking about how bad blizzard is, but while they could update tooltips easily, they dont want to because every time they do it, you have to download a patch.

Source: Some bluepost.
    And that is relevant how? This is a piece of software that allows for only 1 version to connect to the servers. One version that auto updates itself. And downloading a few strings, especially when they have tech in place that can stream large parts of the client, really, really doesn't seem that unfeasable. The constant exchange of positional data probably amounts to more traffic than a micro patch with a few text changes would..

I know general section is just circle jerking about how bad blizzard is, but while they could update tooltips easily, they dont want to because every time they do it, you have to download a patch.

This hasn't been the case for many years. Numbers in tooltips have been able to chance since roughly WotLK, and as of WoD literally anything in the game files can be changed without a patch... the game installation is basically a cache for files stored on the servers.

download a patch....spare me
    its lazy and intern tier work

So where is warhammer online now?

Oh wait...

Because they have better things to do, like fixing all the other shit people on this forum constantly bitch and whine about which actually negatively affects gameplay. But nah, let's just circlejerk each other about how Blizzard is an inept company, doesn't listen to customers, hates its players, etc, because they could be arsed to change the flavor text on a fucking piece of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by seijulala View Post
    Everywhere I've read that when you get the 20 extra points on your artifact you should get +15% damage (the last point increases 1% instead of 0.5% according to wowhead) but the tooltip in game says 14.5%. Who is right?
    Blizzard is right. It's 14.5%. WoWhead Artifact calc is rounding, ingame tooltip isn't. Which you would have noticed if you had paid attention to more than the last point.
    Last edited by huth; 2017-01-08 at 03:47 AM.

Deleted
    download a patch....spare me
    its lazy and intern tier work
    Considering how they've hugely streamlined patching and especially hotfixing over the years to the point that a large amount of hotfixes roll out with zero downtime and maintenance is dramatically reduced (I've seen major patches roll out in less than 40 minutes downtime) I'm sure they've got slightly more grasp on their systems limits compared to your view on this and how they should just get an intern to knock something out.