Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good call, there is a reason judges should only wear a simple black robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    wait so left is right and right is left?
    At the far end the two are identical to be honest.

Supposedly in Ontario, but includes this quote:
    “Brief appearance with the hat. Pissed off the rest of the judges because they all voted for Hillary..."
    Something's fishy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    FYI, he got suspended for publicly exhibiting a biased position on duty.

Same thing if he wore a "I'm with Her" cap or anything, it would've been the same consequences. It's one thing to discuss with colleagues and another to go against the rules.
    well but I haven't heard anything about anyone being banned at all for wearing a Hillary Clinton cap.
    So it must mean they really dislike trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem like a big deal, judges are not typically allowed to show personal political opinions whilst on duty, im sure the same would have happened if it was an item of clothing with other political slogans on.
    dragonmaw - EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    At the far end the two are identical to be honest.
    yeah they both hate the government and destroy stuff. it is really annoying.

I wish the lefties would stop burning cars from normal people. Cars are expensive -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Supposedly in Ontario, but includes this quote:

Something's fishy.
    Oh ok. What's fishy mate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Poor Canadians firing each other over hats.
    One could only imagine what would've happened if he wore a hat that stated: "There are only 2 genders."
    Canada would be in a state of emergency with parents rushing to schools to bring their kids home.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This is Canada, which is ruled by the so-called "liberals" -- who aren't really liberal at all, as we can see every day. Your average leftist liberal is in reality a nazi-grade fascist and a totalitarist who desecrates the whole meaning of the word "liberal".
    Umm no the average leftist is not a nazi grade fascist.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    We really should go back to requiring judges to wear ridiculous wigs.
    Now there's something I support!

#MakeAmericaWiggyAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's entirely normal for there to be a ton of rules pertaining to judicial conduct in order to maintain a reasonable standard of impartiality.
    Impartial to other countries politics which in no way reflect the law system they're adjudicating? That doesn't make much sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I, for once, agree with tennisace....never thought I would type that. Courtrooms should appear as non-biased as possible and the ones working there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Impartial to other countries politics which in no way reflect the law system they're adjudicating? That doesn't make much sense.
    Judge are not allowed to not wear their uniform on duty anyway. Judges arent McDonald clerk, with the kind of career you need to be a judge...not knowing any better is not an excuse.

They arent allowed political statement or any kind of lobbying in the courtroom to begin with. He would face the same sanction if he went on duty with a pro abortion shirt or a religious symbol.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-01-07 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Good. Judges should be impartial.
    Hahaha... oh wait, you were being serious.
    As a warrior, one of our most crucial tasks is... protection. We are the shield of the Horde, and we keep our weaker brethren safe. If you are to join in our ranks, then you must prove your mettle to me. -Veteran Uzzek

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This is Canada, which is ruled by the so-called "liberals" -- who aren't really liberal at all, as we can see every day. Your average leftist liberal is in reality a nazi-grade fascist and a totalitarist who desecrates the whole meaning of the word "liberal".
    "Someone wore a hat that triggered me. He better lose his job and have his life ruined to calm me down!!!"
    People compare the liberal movement with 1984, but I am much more inclined to compare it to Brave New World: Sedated people who seek pleasure and orgy porkies and who screech and cling to their Soma drug whenever they have to doubt, question things, feel uncomfortable or someone confronts them.

The neo-liberals bow down to crypto-fascism and are mentally unable to question their own movement because that would trigger heavy cognitive-dissonance.

well but I haven't heard anything about anyone being banned at all for wearing a Hillary Clinton cap.

If a lawyer shows up with jeans and tshirt to an official court proceeding they WILL be reprimanded, there's a reason for this.

Court, judges, and the bodies functioning in one are held to a much higher standard, their uniforms are highly symbolic of that standard, if they don't adhere to their own standards then why should people adhere to their judgement or the law they represent? A judge is supposed to be blind and unbiased, anything that might suggest otherwise undermines their interpretation of the law and the law itself.
    Last edited by nessopito; 2017-01-07 at 06:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think a bright red cap is just more easy to spot.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    "Someone wore a hat that triggered me. He better lose his job and have his life ruined to calm me down!!!"
    People compare the liberal movement with 1984, but I am much more inclined to compare it to Brave New World: Sedated people who seek pleasure and orgy porkies and who screech and cling to their Soma drug whenever they have to doubt, question things, feel uncomfortable or someone confronts them.

The neo-liberals bow down to crypto-fascism and are mentally unable to question their own movement because that would trigger heavy cognitive-dissonance.
    How does any of that garbage has to do with judge breaking their own rules when it comes to uniform? That rule is over a century old.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I just think a bright red cap is just more easy to spot.
    Judge would be turned out and face the same sanction if he had a Nike cap on duty.

Maybe because it hasn't happened?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Poor Canadians firing each other over hats.
    Sounds like the Canada I love. We have standards for our judiciary.