Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Can't this website have some sort of code/algorithm to post articles ad nauseum, rather than certain posters doing so constantly?

It's practically baiting, particularly when they offer very little comment on the article itself.

Not sure what the law is in Canada.

But in the US, this would likely be overturned. It's perfectly fine for a judge to have personal opinions which may disagree with the law, as long as they interpret the law impartially. It's also hilarious that people are outraged over a judge openly supporting Trump; Trump has openly said he's in favor of "originalist" - those who rule strictly by the written law - as opposed to activist judges - those who interpret the law as how they feel it should be. The former are far more fair and impartial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nessopito View Post
    If a lawyer shows up with jeans and tshirt to an official court proceeding they WILL be reprimanded, there's a reason for this.

Court, judges, and the bodies functioning in one are held to a much higher standard, their uniforms are highly symbolic of that standard, if they don't adhere to their own standards then why should people adhere to their judgement or the law they represent? A judge is supposed to be blind and unbiased, anything that might suggest otherwise undermines their interpretation of the law and the law itself.
    but what if the sun is blinding him and he needs a cap to prevent the sunbeams so he can still see and make better judgements?

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    but what if the sun is blinding him and he needs a cap to prevent the sunbeams so he can still see and make better judgements?
    Close the curtains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Close the curtains.
    maybe he didn't think of that or was physically unable to do so.

we simply have to give this man a fair treatment.

When california makes child prositution legal, everyone ignores it.

Yet, when a judge gets banned for wearing a hat on his own political ideals, suddenly it's news.

Welcome to 2017 people, where the littlest shit becomes the greatest news....

Jesus, we're so fucked....

OT: I have no problems with him wearing a "Make america great again" hat. Let him share his own political ideals, man. I mean, you can't force him to not do such. That's like saying that you could go for ALL religions, but no be an atheist (AKA a non-religious person). It's weird and goes against what america is for...

But, I guess all Left and Rights want to be national about most things, eh? Besides, it's not a "Free" country without a little racism/bullshit triggerness here or there.

I have a question though, why do the judges care? I mean, if they wore a "Hillary clinton", or a "Obama" cap, no one would want to care, the right might get crazy, but that's just them. So, why should the left ALSO get crazy over a trump hat? Hell, if you wear a hillary clinton hat, or a trump hat, I won't care. But god damn, atleast be good when judging. And this guy didn't even judge, it was so fucked....

So, here's what we learned today: Forget about the election BS! Let people whine, it happened with obama, it happened with others, it's happening now. We're cool. Let's get along now...

However, I have a better question that's SO much more important:

WHO'S HYPED FOR THE DRAGONBALL SUPER ENGLISH DUB?!

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    And this is the moment I ask for a source...

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Hey now no need to bad mouth Nazi's lets not say things we can't take back.
    Why are you defending Nazis in every thread? Are you confused as to the events that occurred under Nazism up to and during WWII? I'm going to start linking concentration camp videos and images every time I see posts like this, you have been given fair warning.

OT: Just decision, judges should be impartial. The same should have occurred if he had walked into the courtroom with a Hillary t-shirt or a Kasich button.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I mean if you really believe that happened...I don't actually know how to express any kind of opinion without getting banned. Let's just say you'd need to be a special person to believe that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know which would be funnier: that this happened in Ontario province, Canada, or if it would have happened in Ontario, California
    Just preface all my posts with "Well, I didn't read the thread, but..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Kenobi
    You don't need to see any identification.
    This isn't the user you're looking for.
    Move along.
    Fixed a bug allowing Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations
    Minor text fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why are you defending Nazis in every thread? Are you confused as to the events that occurred under Nazism up to and during WWII? I'm going to start linking concentration camp videos and images every time I see posts like this, you have been given fair warning.

OT: Just decision, judges should be impartial. The same should have occurred if he had walked into the courtroom with a Hillary t-shirt or a Kasich button.
    What exactly is your point? That in war people die?

Why are you so quick to be morally outraged and grandstand?

I think we are just different sides to the same coin.

Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    maybe he didn't think of that or was physically unable to do so.

we simply have to give this man a fair treatment.
    He is getting fair treatment. None of the other judges get to wear hats either. What you are asking for is that this judge get special treatment.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Exedore View Post
    Not sure what the law is in Canada.

But in the US, this would likely be overturned.
    Code of Conduct for US Judges says no.

Canon 1: A Judge Should Uphold the Integrity and Independence of the Judiciary
    Canon 2: A Judge Should Avoid Impropriety and the Appearance of Impropriety in All Activities
    Canon 3: A Judge Should Perform the Duties of the Office Fairly, Impartially and Diligently
    Canon 4: A Judge May Engage in Extrajudicial Activities That are Consistent With the Obligations of Judicial Office
    Canon 5: A Judge Should Refrain From Political Activity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    I don't know which would be funnier: that this happened in Ontario province, Canada, or if it would have happened in Ontario, California
    but according to Nixe there is no Ontario in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Ontario isn't a part of the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    I mean if you really believe that happened...I don't actually know how to express any kind of opinion without getting banned. Let's just say you'd need to be a special person to believe that happened.
    the truth conflicts with his belief so it gets ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Supposedly in Ontario, but includes this quote:

Something's fishy.
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

Also, he's not really banned. He's just not being assigned cases while they review the issue.

Following the reports of Zabel wearing the hat, a number of individuals and organizations, including the Criminal Lawyers’ Association, made formal complaints about the judge to the Ontario Judicial Council, which has the power to investigate judges’ conduct and suspend them or recommend to the Attorney General that they be removed from office.

The council has yet to indicate the outcome of those complaints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

What exactly is your point? That in war people die?

Why are you so quick to be morally outraged and grandstand?

I think we are just different sides to the same coin.
    Are you familiar with the events that happened during WWII?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    A maga hat?
    In Canada? For what reason even? Let alone wearing it as a judge to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    This is Canada, which is ruled by the so-called "liberals" -- who aren't really liberal at all, as we can see every day. Your average leftist liberal is in reality a nazi-grade fascist and a totalitarist who desecrates the whole meaning of the word "liberal".

Infracted
    >Liberals
    >left-ist

lol

Hey now no need to bad mouth Nazi's lets not say things we can't take back.

unbiased courts means by default it is siding iwth the liberals according to some people

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are you familiar with the events that happened during WWII?
    Yes I was forced to finish my degree so I studied it along with middle eastern history for a few years.

Do you know what happened?