Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's literally impossible, just so you know, since KT quests generate in suramar regardless of rep.
    It's also literally impossible for a flight point to fly through the walls of Dalaran but that exact thing happened on my gf's toon yersterday, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    On one hand: people are just waay to upset about these emissary things.
    On the other hand: It's a pretty big fail from Blizzard to make KT emissaries and then not have enough quests within the 3 day window to complete them.
    There are enough quests in the 3 day window. The bugs that made them give you the free cache have been fixed, people just expect/demand 4 quests to pop instantly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorntorrent View Post
    It's also literally impossible for a flight point to fly through the walls of Dalaran but that exact thing happened on my gf's toon yersterday, just so you know.
    screens/videos or you lie, rules of the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are enough quests in the 3 day window. The bugs that made them give you the free cache have been fixed, people just expect/demand 4 quests to pop instantly
    Possible.
    I only know that I will not bother with the horribly bugged "like the wind" quests. Did it once and would have died many times since the special actions vanish after the first jump and the character falls if Levitate hadn't saved me.

So no KT emissary for me.

How buggy crap like that gets released though is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Possible.
    I only know that I will not bother with the horribly bugged "like the wind" quests. Did it once and would have died many times since the special actions vanish after the first jump and the character falls if Levitate hadn't saved me.

So no KT emissary for me.

How buggy crap like that gets released though is beyond me.
    idk it works just fine, just did a couple across some alts. Never died doing the event/scenario thingy

I had 5 quests. Just don't do them when there isn't an emissary up unless you REALLY need the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by xWolfx View Post
    then you did kirin tor quests on the days before.
    if you say "no i didnt" you are lying.
    i had 5 today (4 normal wq and 1 instance wq)
    Then that is a major flaw in the design.
    That isn't an issue with any other faction where they aren't gated as much as Nightfallen.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Kirin-Tor were bugged because you didn't receive credit, not because they didn't spawn.
    It's working as intended, you don't have to clear the map every day. I had 4 quests as well.

It isn't bugged, you just suck at world quests.
    I suck at wqs because Im using the most efficient way to get ap?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    That's odd, I definitely got credit when I did them at the time, there just weren't enough, as Phoenixia said. (I think a 4th did eventually spawn like the evening of the 3rd day, but by then, the hotfix had already been applied.)
    I had completed mine before the hotfix. I only got a instant complete doing the next time the kirin Tor emissary came up..

I never really understood why the hotfix was needed or what was suppose to be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    I really doubt doing WQ is the most efficienbt way to get AP.. thats just a sad argument.

You don't need to do WQ the second they pop up.. You could have waited til they have less than 10hours left.
    This would mean you would never be in a situation where you would not have enough kirin tor quest, because you would not have completed one of those needed by the emissary, 2 days in advance.. That really was your own fault.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they spawn less then other because people dont like the kirin tor quest as much as others,
    But why not? I absolutly love Kirin Tor WQ.. they are something different than the usual, go kill this one big dude, or go kill those 20 small dudes.. or go collect this shitty totem and kill some dudes..

I don't understand why people hate them so much, or suck so bad at them.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Yeah, it's super annoying that they have a daily that you can't complete in a day.
    Blizzard logic for you.

Unless one popped up first thing this morning, last night I had

4 on my two main characters (which both did all the quests in legion)
    3 on my DH - which I dungeon level'd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wait an extra three days? what? uhhh no... wait a few hours, or a day....

and lol i love your "world boss example" because guess what, that happens all the time, quests like "kill xavius and obtain his item" people messed up and did him first before getting that quest, same with the Mythic quests for balance of power, guess what no one complains cause they noticed it was their fault for doing stuff ahead of other stuff

also "omfg i need to wait 1 more day to get my kirin tor cache , ihave fallen so so far behind"
    Oh fucking god....

It DOES NOT MATTER how big the downside is.

My argument was basically "we don't need this tax"

And your answer was "lol wow 5 dollar tax oh no omfg"

Neither is this in any way relevant to what I said, nor is it correct. Now matter how big the punishment, if there should not be any punishment, it should be removed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckermouse View Post
    Oh fucking god....

It DOES NOT MATTER how big the downside is.

My argument was basically "we don't need this tax"

And your answer was "lol wow 5 dollar tax oh no omfg"

Neither is this in any way relevant to what I said, nor is it correct. Now matter how big the punishment, if there should not be any punishment, it should be removed.
    there is no punishment, its called how the fucking game works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    I had completed mine before the hotfix. I only got a instant complete doing the next time the kirin Tor emissary came up..

I never really understood why the hotfix was needed or what was suppose to be fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

I really doubt doing WQ is the most efficienbt way to get AP.. thats just a sad argument.

You don't need to do WQ the second they pop up.. You could have waited til they have less than 10hours left.
    This would mean you would never be in a situation where you would not have enough kirin tor quest, because you would not have completed one of those needed by the emissary, 2 days in advance.. That really was your own fault.

- - - Updated - - -

But why not? I absolutly love Kirin Tor WQ.. they are something different than the usual, go kill this one big dude, or go kill those 20 small dudes.. or go collect this shitty totem and kill some dudes..

I don't understand why people hate them so much, or suck so bad at them.
    because tons of people hate them because they are
    puzzles
    parkour
    and take abit of time and cant be sped up by gear

tons of people hate them, you can see a few of those people in this very forum

and your middle point there, dont even try it, ive been trying to drill that into these peoples skulls and they still go "well that blizzards fault i wanna do everything at once, then get "penilized" for it"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scorntorrent View Post
    I had four KT quests on my hunter but only 3 on my monk. I haven't done a single KT wq with my monk at all, as in never.

Granted I don't really see it as an issue, but I do however acknowledge that there are people that feels the need to do it for whatever reason. Surely everyone can play the game the way they want to? Especially if the "fix" does not hurt anyone else in the game.

I swear this forum has the worst kind of individuals. You know, that would literally take a chunk of time out of their day to shit on others.
    that is literally impossible, as the same world quests pop up for everyone, and the kirin tor quests dont require rep

you may have to do atleast the intro suramar quests to get ones there
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

never had a problem with them myself

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    The point is, Blizzard said time and time again that the 3 day buffer for caches was made so people shouldn't feel like they need to log in every day. They stated that someone who can only log in every few days can log on and do 3 caches and feel like they haven't missed out. Under this system, someone can very realistically log in the 3rd day of Kirin Tor and not have enough. This goes completely against what Blizzard stated and intended.

If you've developed your own little system to make sure you have enough in case its Kirin Tor, then more power to you. But you shouldn't have to. If its a certain emissary, the game should generate 4 dailies for it. Simple as that. No argument otherwise. No strategies to work around it. No "You're dumb if you don't know about the possibility and plan around it. Blizzard themselves have told us their design intention, and it isn't living up to it.

So, i was in highmountain the day before the KT emissary, doing the highmountain ones (it may have been stormheim, thats not important) when i see a KT wq that grants me a nice chunk of AP and is easy to do, it will get me another level in my weapon when combined with my completed emissary daily. I also happen to like to start my day by doing my emissary bc it nags at me, thats just how i play the game (no i dont log in for 5 min each day and log off). Then the KT rolls around and I'm stuck doing the VotW one, which sucks, but hey i at least have 4 so thats not failed design just because i dont like it. But what about the people who need those easy KT wq for the ap and they are close by and end up with only 3 the next day, its easy to happen, should we have to consider consequences of DOING world quests if we arent clearing the map? shouldnt we not be penalized for consuming content (we are rewarded with the wq reward but punished with emissary being uncompletable). I dont care if they populate the map to 4 with GREEN quest rewards or a piddly 12g i dont care what the actual quest rewards as long as i can complete the emissary, and i dont see how people are arguing against populating the map with 4 when the emissary quest pops up-how does that affect people who dont have a problem/wait a few days to do their emissary?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryken View Post
    The point is, Blizzard said time and time again that the 3 day buffer for caches was made so people shouldn't feel like they need to log in every day. They stated that someone who can only log in every few days can log on and do 3 caches and feel like they haven't missed out. Under this system, someone can very realistically log in the 3rd day of Kirin Tor and not have enough. This goes completely against what Blizzard stated and intended.

If you've developed your own little system to make sure you have enough in case its Kirin Tor, then more power to you. But you shouldn't have to. If its a certain emissary, the game should generate 4 dailies for it. Simple as that. No argument otherwise. No strategies to work around it. No "You're dumb if you don't know about the possibility and plan around it. Blizzard themselves have told us their design intention, and it isn't living up to it.
    Except that kirin tor quests constantly spawn throughout the week, so if you only logged in at the last day of the event, you'd likely have 1 resetting with the emissary, and 3 with 1-2 day durations.
    If all 4 kirin tor quests spawned with the emissary, if you logged in on the last day, you'd have 0 quests remaining cus all expired lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    So, i was in highmountain the day before the KT emissary, doing the highmountain ones (it may have been stormheim, thats not important) when i see a KT wq that grants me a nice chunk of AP and is easy to do, it will get me another level in my weapon when combined with my completed emissary daily. I also happen to like to start my day by doing my emissary bc it nags at me, thats just how i play the game (no i dont log in for 5 min each day and log off). Then the KT rolls around and I'm stuck doing the VotW one, which sucks, but hey i at least have 4 so thats not failed design just because i dont like it. But what about the people who need those easy KT wq for the ap and they are close by and end up with only 3 the next day, its easy to happen, should we have to consider consequences of DOING world quests if we arent clearing the map? shouldnt we not be penalized for consuming content (we are rewarded with the wq reward but punished with emissary being uncompletable). I dont care if they populate the map to 4 with GREEN quest rewards or a piddly 12g i dont care what the actual quest rewards as long as i can complete the emissary, and i dont see how people are arguing against populating the map with 4 when the emissary quest pops up-how does that affect people who dont have a problem/wait a few days to do their emissary?
    You aren't penalized. The emissary has a 3 day window. it's not like you can't complete the emissary, you just can't complete it immediately.
    Only penalty is the one in your mind

Oh, and if you actually weren't clearing the board every day, the kirin tor would be instantly complete able upon pop. All you gotta do is resist the urge to do kirin tor quests lol. You'll never be in the position where you can't complete an emissary in the 3 day window. That got fixed.
    Last edited by kary; 2017-01-07 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    It feels broken because I've never had this problem with any other emissary. I was bored last night and I actually like the flying quests so did 2 of those last night and have only had 3 available all day today (counting the dungeon), and have to wait at least till tomorrow to finish.

I'm not sure I understand why anybody is fighting them changing it so that 4 KT WQs always spawn when it's the Kirin Tor emissary, who does that hurt? And if I remember right, that's how it initially worked: KT quests spawned when the emissary did, then it broke when they made those quests spawn whenever.
    You are most likely experiencing it due to already having done one of them, or more. The others have MANY more WQ's.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    Doing WQ is far from the most efficient way to get AP. hell, I think doing random bgs nets you more ap/hour.

Except that kirin tor quests constantly spawn throughout the week, so if you only logged in at the last day of the event, you'd likely have 1 resetting with the emissary, and 3 with 1-2 day durations.
    If all 4 kirin tor quests spawned with the emissary, if you logged in on the last day, you'd have 0 quests remaining cus all expired lol

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't penalized. The emissary has a 3 day window. it's not like you can't complete the emissary, you just can't complete it immediately.
    Only penalty is the one in your mind

Oh, and if you actually weren't clearing the board every day, the kirin tor would be instantly complete able upon pop. All you gotta do is resist the urge to do kirin tor quests lol. You'll never be in the position where you can't complete an emissary in the 3 day window. That got fixed.
    what im saying is there is a simple set of circumstances (doing 2 KT wq for ap to complete a point in your artifact) that prevent some people from playing how they want to, there is a simple fix to literally please everyone in this scenario, just make sure 4 pop with the emissary. also, im not clearing the board every day, or any day, i just may do a kt, and doing 1 or 2 wq shouldnt prevent you from being able to complete emissary quest when you log in, if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by enchiridion View Post
    what im saying is there is a simple set of circumstances (doing 2 KT wq for ap to complete a point in your artifact) that prevent some people from playing how they want to, there is a simple fix to literally please everyone in this scenario, just make sure 4 pop with the emissary. also, im not clearing the board every day, or any day, i just may do a kt, and doing 1 or 2 wq shouldnt prevent you from being able to complete emissary quest when you log in, if you wish.
    So no matter what people say you'll go back to the "I wanna do the emissary now!" and stomp your feet, huh?
    Kirin tor quests spawn less frequently than other quests. There will always be enough quests to do the emissary.