Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I typically drop a $100ish when I go out for Sushi with my wife. But we like Nigiri so we pay more for that (4-6 per 2 pieces) and we usually get at least one fancy roll too. Considering that they have to use higher quality materials and have specialized training you pay more for that.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Don't eat eel. It's red listed. Same with all the tuna at this point. So please, don't eat em. I would love for eels to keep existing.
    Sorry but I'm not passing on a good tuna roll
    Well then get your shit together.
    Get it all together. And put it in a backpack. All your shit. So it’s together. And if you gotta take it somewhere, take it somewhere, you know, take it to the shit store and sell it, or put it in a shit museum, I don’t care what you do, you just gotta get it together.
    Get your shit together

Yellowtail crunchy roll wrapped avacado and roe on top. Yummmm

I wish I could get Nori cheaply over here. Gotta mailorder that stuff >>

Deleted
    4 Good meals for $50? Depends what you're used to, but I have a feeling it isn't fine dining.

Sushi is expensive. Good sushi takes skill to make and uses fresh, often expensive, ingredients. It's not something you eat 5 times per month.
    It's an amazing experience and I absolute love it. I even like the supermarket sushi we can get around here, and those cost a kidney and a liver. I really can't wait to experience the real thing in Japan one day.

A lot of good places in Reno, NV have all you can eat sushi for about $18-$25 per person. Pretty good deal when you consider you would need to order about 3 a'la carte items to make it worth it

if the ingredients are fresh then that's about right for 2-3 people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

A good sushi restaurant in Japan will have sushi that you don't know what the heck it is.
    Is that even sushi? If there's rice underneath then the rice is drowning in the broth. The one skill that sets apart a sushi pro from a rookie is the quality of the rice and how it's prepared. That's why you never dip your sushi rice in the soy sauce, but put it on the fish side.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    It may be shocking to you but a lot of people enjoy the simplicity of Sashimi and also the fusion of cuisine that you find in specialty rolls.
    As stated, you are welcome to throw away your money.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Poor peasants gonna be poor peasants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    As stated, you are welcome to throw away your money.
    Just like you're welcome to remain provincial. To each their own.

Making GOOD sushi rice takes half a day, let that sink in for a moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's cheap for a whole roll! A plate with 2-3 pieces would cost about the same over here.
    We're a band of vicious pirates,
    we depend on RNG.
    If I only get one buff,
    then bury me at sea

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i prefer deep fried calamari myself. preferably the draenei.
    I like squash, Kale and sweet potato calamari.

It is also all kinds of disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Making GOOD sushi rice takes half a day, let that sink in for a moment.
    These places in the West aren't as thorough as in Japan. Let's be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Was looking at the menu and a green dragon roll is going for 14 bucks at a decent restaurant?
    In the image you linked, I see two correctly fried shrimp, 10 slices of fish, and pretty much an entire avocado, along with rice, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, "wasabi" and more. Go look up prices and do some math.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Was looking at the menu and a green dragon roll is going for 14 bucks at a decent restaurant?

By the time you buy a few other items you're gonna be spending what? $50+ just for a night out when you include tax and tips. Pretty crazy.
    I like sushi rolls as much as anyone but you could afford 3-4 good meals with that price.

i dare you to try do this kind of sushi by yourself at home - its all doable - but once you realise how much work it is to learn it you woudl know why its so pricy

10+ Year Old Account

By the time you buy a few other items you're gonna be spending what? $50+ just for a night out when you include tax and tips. Pretty crazy.
    I like sushi rolls as much as anyone but you could afford 3-4 good meals with that price.
    you complain and question the price of sushi but yet you have money and desire to blow on an overpriced coat?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-for-a-jacket

idk, you could afford several nice sushi dinners if you did some shopping and find that coats less than $200 dollars look just as nice and work just as well as something with a fancy name.

and to answer your question, overpriced? not at all. a single sushi roll is just the right amount of food as a steak and potato dinner for the same price.

*as long as you are not regularly over eating.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-01-07 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    you complain and question the price of sushi but yet you have money and desire to blow on an overpriced coat?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...h-for-a-jacket

idk, you could afford several nice sushi dinners if you did some shopping and find that coats less than $200 dollars look just as nice and work just as well as something with a fancy name.

and to answer your question, overpriced? not at all. a single sushi roll is just the right amount of food as a steak and potato dinner for the same price.

*as long as you are not regularly over eating.
    Most people do. An appropriate portion of protein in about 3-5 oz., about 100g. Food isn't supposed to be (in my opinion), like Olive Garden, where you swear you ate more than any person could, yet it looks like you have more pasta than when you started.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.